The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-28-2022, 10:29 PM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Can we ban this dipsh*t too? No need to keep his alternate around.
I agree 1000%.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:43 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Keep your pedo loving tyranny in NJ. We don't want that Government over reach sh!t anywhere else in free America. Shall. Not. Infringe. Dumb commie fvck. Name one law that stops a criminal from breaking the law.

Murder is already illegal. Carry & protect yourself. No one else can.
Psssssshhht that's why we don't even lock or doors on this street, because it's so lousy. Meanwhile y'all over there in MAINE stroking your gun like it's your dick, just hoping the Mutant Lobster Men break in so you can play Clint Eastwood.

2A talks about being part of a militia, and you ain't, so sing me another song cupcake. All you do is cherry-pick sh*t to support your opinion whether or not it's consistent or logical. A SANE person realizes that "The Right To Bear Arms" and "Keeping guns out of the hands of lunatics" are NOT mutually-exclusive.

You know why you're so hardline against ANY gun control laws? Because YOU F*CKING KNOW that a nutcase like you would NEVER be allowed to own a gun or even pass a background check. People who constantly brag about being strapped and how they can't wait to unload are the exact kind of people who should NEVER own guns, and you're one of 'em. So you'd rather see it be a free-for-all, even though more INNOCENT people die than criminals; so long as you get to keep stroking your revered phallic symbol of choice, that's all that matters to you.

And again with "pedo pedo pedo pedo" Christ Almighty, your needle only has one speed, don't it? Listen guy, if *I* were the kinda person who dressed up like a Ninja Turtle so I could spend my free time hanging out with a bunch of little kids, I would NEVER accuse anyone anywere of being sus. That is PLENTY sus all by itself. Like I keep saying, "Those who accuse so outspokenly are covering for a guilty conscience."

In my state we still have places to put people like you. The food is awesome, you get to paint watch movies and do jigsaw puzzles, and twice a day you go up to the desk and the nice lady makes sure you take your pill. Me, I was treated and released; you seem more like a "treated and detained" kinda guy.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:44 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The question about "militias" and what exactly the 2nd amendment is referring to has already been settled by the Supreme Court. It isn't up for debate anymore. It applies to normal citizens.

Now, of course there can and is obvious exceptions. You have a felony? Bam. Your right to bear arms is gone and you have to fight to get them back. You can't even be around guns if you have a felony (like anyone with one adheres to this). And I wouldn't necessarily be against some basic mental health screenings before being able to get a gun, though where it gets fuzzy is when you have veterans coming home from fighting abroad with PTSD not allowed to have a gun because of said PTSD. That's f***ed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
More like "If only Republicans would vote for Common Sense Gun Control Laws like we have in NJ instead of pretending Real Life is a f*cking Charles Bronson movie."
I haven't seen one common sense gun control law that was anything of the sort. And my state is loaded with them, like yours. Also, there is not one that would have remotely stopped any mass shootings in states without them. It's the same as the people about COVID with the "well... but we have to do SOMETHING!" routine. You know Chicago actually has a gun registration process? That's way beyond common sense gun laws, and they have those, too. Surprise! It's the shooting capital of the country. Maybe one more law will stop the shootings?

Incremental disarmament. Why waste a good tragedy? These people sicken me. And they always rebuff the "slippery slope" argument even though it absolutely proves to be at every turn.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-28-2022 at 11:26 PM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:52 PM   #24
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:02 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
lmao to that gif

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:03 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I was gonna say, well wait, nothing he's said is equivalent to "bring bigotry back" (what 1987 said) but then I saw the earlier post. We should be better than name calling of other members. We're all -- mostly -- old-ass men here.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:08 PM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The question about "militias" and what exactly the 2nd amendment is referring to has already been settled by the Supreme Court. It isn't up for debate anymore. It applies to normal citizens.

Now, of course there can and is obvious exceptions. You have a felony? Bam. Your right to bear arms is gone and you have to fight to get them back. You can't even be around guns if you have a felony (like anyone with one adheres to this). And I wouldn't necessarily be against some basic mental health screenings before being able to get a gun, though where it gets fuzzy is when you have veterans coming home from fighting abroad with PTSD not allowed to have a gun because of said PTSD. That's f***ed up.

I haven't seen one common sense gun control law that was anything of the sort. And my state is loaded with them, like yours. Also, there is not one that would have remotely stopped any mass shootings in states without them. It's the same as the people about COVID with the "well... but we have to do SOMETHING!" routine. You know Chicago actually has a gun registration process? That's way beyond common sense gun laws, and they have those, too. Surprise! It's the shooting capital of the country.

Incremental disarmament. Why waste a good tragedy? These people sicken me. And they always rebuff the "slippery slope" argument even though it absolutely proves to be at every turn.
So unless there really is some magic force field around NJ like I joke about, or everybody here really IS just plain smarter and cooler and better than anywhere else - debatable - explain to me why our gun crime rates are so low, and why the gun violence is so localized to specific areas? If "Nothing Anyone Does Will Matter", why is it that Our Way works GREAT?

And it's not like people can't get guns; serendipitously, just before I clocked out I was talking with a co-worker about his extensive gun collection, all legally obtained. It's strict, but not impossible. BUT, you simply can't be considered for gun ownership if you've ever been convicted of a felony, a violent offense, or been diagnosed with a mental disorder. Not even in the HOUSE, which right there would eliminate the many shootings where "some kid who was Red Flagged stole his Dad's legally-obtained weapon"; in NJ if anyone in the house is Red Flagged then NOBODY at that residence can own a gun, period, end of story, which again is just Common F*cking Sense. Places run background checks, etc. etc. It HELPS that it's a Mafia State but that can't be the entire reason sh*t's so tight here. The fact we try and weed out the crazy people HAS to be a huge factor as well.

I'm not buying the "Nothing can be done, so let's just Do Nothing" attitude. It drives me up a wall when people claim virtue but are also perfectly okay with little kids getting shot full of holes because "Anything that could mitigate these situations is going to inconvenience ME personally, and I simply won't have it."

You can have guns AND have systems in place to keep them far away from nutjobs. It comes down to priority. "Well, I'm fine wit crazy people getting their hands on guns as long as I get to keep mine, too." Okay, so you simply don't care about the collateral damage that resultantly brings with it. Cool, just don't pretend ya do then. And remember to apply it to other things, as well. "No point in ANY laws or restrictions, people who don't care will just break 'em." So, anarchy, then? If it's an All Or Nothing game, then that'd be your logical endgame.

I'm fine with that, by the way; I suspect I'd thrive amidst the chaos of full-scale societal breakdown. I just wanna make sure we're all committed to it and not just f*ckin' around.

Old 11-28-2022, 11:09 PM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
lmao to that gif
I might've pee'd a little but I also drank SO MUCH COFFEE today.

Quote:
I was gonna say, well wait, nothing he's said is equivalent to "bring bigotry back" (what 1987 said) but then I saw the earlier post. We should be better than name calling of other members. We're all -- mostly -- old-ass men here.
And alllll I saaaaaid was "NJ has good gun control laws." And what do I get? "Pedo pedo commie f*ck, lalalalala" Like holy sh*t, dude.

Wow, two in two days, looks like the ol' Razzle Dazzle is back. Let Rational Adult Conversations commence!

Old 11-28-2022, 11:18 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
So unless there really is some magic force field around NJ like I joke about, or everybody here really IS just plain smarter and cooler and better than anywhere else - debatable - explain to me why our gun crime rates are so low, and why the gun violence is so localized to specific areas? If "Nothing Anyone Does Will Matter", why is it that Our Way works GREAT?
It really always seems to come down to cultural and sociological issues. Broken homes, trickle down addiction issues. Also, limited opportunities for education and a maximum opportunity to get a lot of drugs on a lot of urban street corners. Upticks in homelessness, two years of COVID hysteria and staying at home looking at a lot of crazy Youtube stuff and weird anime. What we do know is that there isn't any way to legislate away these things.

Quote:
And it's not like people can't get guns; serendipitously, just before I clocked out I was talking with a co-worker about his extensive gun collection, all legally obtained. It's strict, but not impossible. BUT, you simply can't be considered for gun ownership if you've ever been convicted of a felony, a violent offense, or been diagnosed with a mental disorder. Not even in the HOUSE, which right there would eliminate the many shootings where "some kid who was Red Flagged stole his Dad's legally-obtained weapon"; in NJ if anyone in the house is Red Flagged then NOBODY at that residence can own a gun, period, end of story, which again is just Common F*cking Sense.
I mean, it sucks but I'm fine with that. If someone is TRULY red-flagged and for logical reasons (reasons that aren't just stuff like "I saw Leo yelling at his neighbors from the porch a couple times last month"), no, they shouldn't be allowed around guns or people with guns.

Quote:
Places run background checks, etc. etc.
I'm actually not aware of any state that doesn't run FBI background checks for guns at purchase time. Though that's a popular misconception. And the "gun show loophole" is a misnomer, unless we're talking about guys parked out front with their van going "pssst, hey buddy, you wanna buy a gun?"

Quote:
I'm not buying the "Nothing can be done, so let's just Do Nothing" attitude. It drives me up a wall when people claim virtue but are also perfectly okay with little kids getting shot full of holes because "Anything that could mitigate these situations is going to inconvenience ME personally, and I simply won't have it."
Oh no, there absolutely is. But it's far harder to have a conversation about the root of fundamental sociological and cultural problems that are at the crux than to just say, "Oh, let's just pass a new gun law. That'll do it." Even though it never does.

Quote:
You can have guns AND have systems in place to keep them far away from nutjobs. It comes down to priority. "Well, I'm fine wit crazy people getting their hands on guns as long as I get to keep mine, too." Okay, so you simply don't care about the collateral damage that resultantly brings with it.
It's not really that black and white. Definitely we can take a balanced and fair approach to screening "crazy people" from owning guns. Emphasis on fair. It can't just be "any" mental health condition and you lose your constitutional right to bear arms.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:28 PM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise

Well I definitely agree that A LOT more needs to be done to address Root Causes, 10000%.

Sadly that stuff isn't as sexy for the headlines or rallying the voter base, so little gets done from either side. BUT, Republicans consistently vote to slash funds for mental health services at both state and federal levels and while I support a lot of things they do that is a BIG thing they do that pisses me off. Like, they can't claim to want to fix "the real problems" and then take funding away from clinics and hospitals. And they DO, and that's why I know they're full of sh*t on that topic. They ain't about fixing sh*t, or they would want those mental health services to have as much money as they need, not constantly undercut them.

You know how many state-run mental hospitals don't even have a dedicated cleaning service? You have doctors and nurses pushing f*cking vacuums around because the states' gov't won't pay enough to have an actual housekeeping service come in. Yeah, they care a lot.

Old 11-28-2022, 11:35 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Sadly that stuff isn't as sexy for the headlines or rallying the voter base, so little gets done from either side. BUT, Republicans consistently vote to slash funds for mental health services at both state and federal levels and while I support a lot of things they do that is a BIG thing they do that pisses me off.
You know, I'd really urge you to objectively look at any one of these bills. Really dig in. 9 out of 10 times these are bills packed with nothing but far left pet projects, usually involving Green New Deal-type stuff and other special interests... but then they sneak in the ooooone good thing about mental health services -- or whatever the topic at hand happens to be -- so that when the evil republicans vote the bill down they can point and scream about, "See? SEE!!!?! They're against mental health services!" Invariably. And they don't talk about the other 20 things in the bill that make up the majority of the monies asked for that are total garbage. Like, this is a consistent and ongoing tactic done just for that purpose.

Quote:
You know how many state-run mental hospitals don't even have a dedicated cleaning service? You have doctors and nurses pushing f*cking vacuums around because the states' gov't won't pay enough to have an actual housekeeping service come in. Yeah, they care a lot.
Yeah. It's a pity there isn't more focused bills going around that we can all agree on, but that just isn't the way politics is working. Every bill has a bunch of things in it that aren't just the 1 or 2 things in it that everyone would agree on. But boy does it make for riling headlines if it doesn't get passed.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-29-2022 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:38 PM   #32
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Well, Columbine and Uvalde both confirm that you can’t depend entirely on the system to protect you or your children.

The cops in both incidents were armed to the teeth and could’ve saved the students, but all they did was stand outside and listen to the massacre taking place inside. During the Uvalde shooting, one father tried to rush in and save his child, and he had a gun too, but the cops held him back and arrested him. In fact, three parents were arrested for trying to save their children.

Furthermore, criminals and psychopaths won’t follow the gun control laws anyway, so law-abiding citizens would be like sheep for the slaughter and the gun violence would escalate even further. Right now a citizen can legally own a gun, but that won’t last long if we continue giving more power to the government. It won’t happen immediately of course; it’s a slow process.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:47 PM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
You know, I'd really urge you to objectively look at any one of these bills. Really dig in. 9 out of 10 times these are bills packed with nothing but far left pet projects, usually involving Green New Deal-type stuff and other special interests... but then they sneak in the ooooone good thing about mental health services -- or whatever the topic at hand happens to be -- so that when the evil republicans vote the bill down they can point and scream about, "See? SEE!!!?! They're against mental health services!" And they don't talk about the other 20 things in the bill that make up the majority of the monies asked for that are total garbage.

Yeah. It's a pity there isn't more focused bills going around that we can all agree on, but that just isn't the way politics is working. Every bill has a bunch of things in it that aren't just the 1 or 2 things in it that everyone would agree on. But boy does it make for riling headlines if it doesn't get passed.
Hmmm that reminds me of the stimulus bills where a big part of it was gender studies and money sent to the Ukraine. And it was soooooo important to them, as in if they had said no to that, no stimulus package for actual Americans in need.

Then I forgot what bill it was, but wasn't the net neutrality thing also snuck in as part of a bigger bill?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-28-2022, 11:49 PM   #34
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
The cops in both incidents were armed to the teeth and could’ve saved the students, but all they did was stand outside and listen to the massacre taking place inside. During the Uvalde shooting, one father tried to rush in and save his child, and he had a gun too, but the cops held him back and arrested him. In fact, three parents were arrested for trying to save their children.
Yeah I didn't understand that either. Almost as if they cared more about following a narrative than actually saving lives.

Old 11-29-2022, 12:05 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Well, Columbine and Uvalde both confirm that you can’t depend entirely on the system to protect you or your children.
Of course! The very notion that when someone(s) busts into your house hopped up on PCP you're supposed to find some dark corner, call the police, maybe pack your kids into a cabinet and hope for the best... this notion is horrifying. Separately, what is laughable is the notion from these same types is that you for some reason owe your invader some kind of "fair fight." Are you f***ing kidding me?

Quote:
There's been few things else that have made my blood boil more than reading about that.

Quote:
Hmmm that reminds me of the stimulus bills where a big part of it was gender studies and money sent to the Ukraine. And it was soooooo important to them, as in if they had said no to that, no stimulus package for actual Americans in need.

Then I forgot what bill it was, but wasn't the net neutrality thing also snuck in as part of a bigger bill?
That's all bills. And republicans are guilty of that, too, when they were in charge of the house. It's just... less crazy stuff packed into it. But still crazy stuff. Some of it. I think bills should be more ala carte and they really ought to be by design.

Quote:
Yeah I didn't understand that either. Almost as if they cared more about following a narrative than actually saving lives.
Sickening. And they do. It's all about the narrative at every turn. See how quick they abandoned the "it's the republican influence from like Fox News that made this shooting happen!" angle with the most recent non-binary shooter? Today it's vanished. Like tears in rain. Now it's 100% just "erm, we need more gun laws." Because that's all they have left. That's always all they have left.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-29-2022 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:20 AM   #36
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

Dude, I'm laughing my ass off over here. I read this, then clicked to the page before it and see the red line through maczaps and just started laughing my ass off.

WTF man. I mean this shouldn't happen but it's hysterical.... I mean I'm legitimately laughing my ass off alone here at my computer.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 08:20 PM   #37
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Furthermore, criminals and psychopaths won’t follow the gun control laws anyway, so law-abiding citizens would be like sheep for the slaughter and the gun violence would escalate even further. Right now a citizen can legally own a gun, but that won’t last long if we continue giving more power to the government. It won’t happen immediately of course; it’s a slow process.
I wanted to add to this...the courts have ruled that police are not under any obligation to protect people. You can't count on the police to protect you if they think there may be danger.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 08:31 PM   #38
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
You know, I'd really urge you to objectively look at any one of these bills. Really dig in. 9 out of 10 times these are bills packed with nothing but far left pet projects, usually involving Green New Deal-type stuff and other special interests... but then they sneak in the ooooone good thing about mental health services -- or whatever the topic at hand happens to be -- so that when the evil republicans vote the bill down they can point and scream about, "See? SEE!!!?! They're against mental health services!" Invariably. And they don't talk about the other 20 things in the bill that make up the majority of the monies asked for that are total garbage. Like, this is a consistent and ongoing tactic done just for that purpose.

Yeah that's the kinda thing that makes me feel like we're living in a post-truth world... just give a bill a name like "the Clean Air Act" or "the Patriot Act" and it doesn't even matter what's actually in it; they'll chock it full of terrible stuff and parade around the one or two good-sounding bits of it that are supposed to make everyone feel safe and rewarded like they're doing a good job
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:03 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Or the most recent "Inflation Reduction Act" that doesn't remotely reduce any inflation (the opposite). It's just mostly about green energy stuff they had in the Green New Deal.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:51 PM   #40
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

1987 and maczaps banned in less than a day of each other .