The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-07-2023, 11:07 PM   #1581
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
The handles look like shite but the blades look cool, if I was a kid I would have liked these. Just my honest opinion.
I mean, that's a fair point. And I should be biting my tongue about this a bit more. Obviously I know this isn't and shouldn't be for me. I suppose I'd respect it more if it was a good gateway drug to something more mature. But there isn't that anymore. It's just a gateway drug to... more of the same.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 11:09 AM   #1582
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The handles look like Splinter gave the Turtles some basic wood carving lessons then left it up to them to create the handles and bo themselves.

I assume the holes in the sword handles simulate the open spaces between the wrappings on a normal katana...but I'm not sure why the sais and bo need holes. Esp the bo, wouldn't that possibly make the middle section weaker and more likely to break eventually?

It's so nice to finally have something to discuss, over analyze, and nitpick again. lol Even if someone out there probably doesn't like some of our opinions.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 11:11 AM   #1583
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

what villains do you guys think we will see in the movie?
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:16 PM   #1584
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hard to guess. The title might indicate them packing a ton in, though it could also just be a mutated city and few actual villains?

If still true to that early concept art leak... Krang is probably a given with a redesign of the Technodrome and if a mutant-heavy title linked to the mutagen? And presumably a version of Shredder standing on the water tower.

That MIGHT be Baxter as a fly at top middle? Buggy looking eyes, though the wing shape looks odd for a fly. Alternately, that could maybe be Wingnut and Screwloose, with the smaller blob being the latter?

Think a list of toys being produced by a company mentioned some? Anyone have that list?

On the right firing pink laser rays... god only knows. It has an eye, maybe a tentacle or two, a big mouth. If that's Krang then it's an odd one and waaaay bigger than normal.

Hopefully it really is just concept art made to be fun and these Turtles really aren't that indifferent and absent minded to everything around them.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-08-2023 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 02:33 PM   #1585
neatoman
Emperor

The main villain of the movie will most likely be Shredder. And yes, it is probable that Krang along with Bebop and Rocksteady are in this movie as well, simply going by what we can infer from toy leaks or simply putting logical assumptions together. Toy leaks also indicate that Leatherhead will be in this movie but we can't really know for sure if he'll be a villain. The leakesd concept art has Wingnut in it and some weird character I can't place. Karai is a strong possibility just based on the fact that she been a major character in just about every iteration of the franchise since the 4Kids show.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:00 PM   #1586
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Maybe it’s because they’re similar to FW but I’m liking these designs a lot. They’re fun, cute and vibrant.

In the first pic I thought Don’s bo staff was a big pencil. The sticker and blur gave me the illusion of an eraser top. That would have been a clever “nerdy” touch. I still like the weapons though.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:09 PM   #1587
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
In the first pic I thought Don’s bo staff was a big pencil. The sticker and blur gave me the illusion of an eraser top. That would have been a clever “nerdy” touch.
2023 Donnie be like:
Old 01-08-2023, 04:20 PM   #1588
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I guess they're leaning into the weapons looking like something they'd make for themselves in the sewer. Except stupidly.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:55 AM   #1589
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hard to guess. The title might indicate them packing a ton in, though it could also just be a mutated city and few actual villains?

If still true to that early concept art leak... Krang is probably a given with a redesign of the Technodrome and if a mutant-heavy title linked to the mutagen? And presumably a version of Shredder standing on the water tower.

That MIGHT be Baxter as a fly at top middle? Buggy looking eyes, though the wing shape looks odd for a fly. Alternately, that could maybe be Wingnut and Screwloose, with the smaller blob being the latter?

Think a list of toys being produced by a company mentioned some? Anyone have that list?

https://i.ibb.co/MRFwFjF/FLr-R4-T4-VUAg-GVkp.jpg

On the right firing pink laser rays... god only knows. It has an eye, maybe a tentacle or two, a big mouth. If that's Krang then it's an odd one and waaaay bigger than normal.

https://i.imgur.com/sb56FGh.jpg

Hopefully it really is just concept art made to be fun and these Turtles really aren't that indifferent and absent minded to everything around them.
thanks for the insight!

any idea who that dragon dude is? never seen a character like him before...
Old 01-10-2023, 09:06 PM   #1590
Powder
So tired of this place

The "dragon" is Wingnut & Screwloose.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 04:51 PM   #1591
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does anyone find it weird this is a big movie theater release? This feels like it would be fine as a low budget direct to streaming thing, after all the Rise of the TMNT movie on netflix worked really well. Making this a big theater release feels weird to me.

This is blatantly going to be a little kids movie, even moreso than any previous live-action TMNT movie, and it feels weird to try to make this a big thing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 06:13 PM   #1592
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You just don't want to have to leave the house for it, do you.

Really doubting it's low budget at all. It's probably just still cheaper and safer than a live action film right now. Animated movies are easy family fare that are a safe audience draw, and few will hesitate worrying if it's appropriate or not. (And forgetting that the Sausage Party guy is involved. lol) Though I personally do prefer live action for theater.

Plus, theater reaches a wider audience than trapping it on one or two streaming services would.

Unrelated side note, just realized how much it would suck if theater access required a membership to be equivalent to streaming and you can only see what they choose to show. Want to see different films? Buy membership to an additional theater. Oh, give it time, they'll figure that out... replace ticket prices with membership.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-12-2023 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:53 PM   #1593
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

I like going to the theater (even if the snacks are expensive), but I don’t want to waste my money on garbage films.

I have fond memories of going to the theater with my parents in St. Louis. I can still hear the theme song for Wehrenberg Theaters:

Old 01-12-2023, 07:47 PM   #1594
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Does anyone find it weird this is a big movie theater release? This feels like it would be fine as a low budget direct to streaming thing, after all the Rise of the TMNT movie on netflix worked really well. Making this a big theater release feels weird to me.

This is blatantly going to be a little kids movie, even moreso than any previous live-action TMNT movie, and it feels weird to try to make this a big thing.
We haven't even seen a trailer yet. The designs of the main characters might suck but that doesn't imply the animation itself will be of cheap quality. If it looks like 2012 show or some other made for TV CGI production, then yes it would feel weird. The problem is just that we don't know yet what this movie will look like in action, so until we do, I am going to be hesitant to think it is going to seem more suitable for TV or streaming.

... Although... We do already know that it will be a glorified first episode of TV show coming next year, which is probably why the characters don't really look like something intended for a movie, so it's not like your feelings are unfounded.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 09:39 AM   #1595
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The "dragon" is Wingnut & Screwloose.
thank you.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:54 AM   #1596
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
The handles look like shite but the blades look cool, if I was a kid I would have liked these. Just my honest opinion.
Most definitely in that if this material gets kids into TMNT again, then that's very cool. I think I said the same thing about Rise as well, although I wanted nothing to do with that crapfest. But honestly - I've got decades of TMNT material that I can enjoy and the franchise needs new blood again. And so if that pans out that's great.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 11:35 AM   #1597
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

The more of the designs I see the more my eyes roll. And apparently the stickers on Don's Bo is anime stickers but of course the glasses wearing nerd is an otaku
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 11:51 AM   #1598
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

After seeing the weapons, it’s clear these are designed after the toys for the FW show. I’m definitely coming around to these - hopefully It can look slick in action.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 07:40 AM   #1599
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

have the basic figures been leaked yet?
Old 01-17-2023, 10:00 AM   #1600
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose18 View Post
After seeing the weapons, it’s clear these are designed after the toys for the FW show. I’m definitely coming around to these
I'm at a loss at why that'd be a positive and not a negative. You want the Turtles' actual movie weapons to look like some cheap plastic accessory a toy company made 40 years ago? I mean, as a kid I wouldn't have even wanted that then for a movie, when I was playing with the toys.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-17-2023 at 08:29 PM.