The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #81
TMNT
Foot Soldier

Quote:
The scene TMNT is talking about was the ending scene, but they took it out cause they didn't want the focus away from the TMNT too much.
Which I won't ever understand as it's the ending. I don't see the justification being there to say that the movie is the ninja turtles movie and not the Casey and April film. I mean, they only have maybe two scenes max. The scenes he opted to cut are minor and quite a longshot from taking away screentime from the turtles. But hey, it was his call. I'm just saying (getting back on topic), it would've been a nice little throw in with Casey proposing and it would've been an even better ending. Okay, that's my rant. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #82
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Agreed, I don't think they should have taken any thing out. We need a director's cut, if you will, in my opinion.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #83
Revan
Han Shot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
Which I won't ever understand as it's the ending. I don't see the justification being there to say that the movie is the ninja turtles movie and not the Casey and April film. I mean, they only have maybe two scenes max. The scenes he opted to cut are minor and quite a longshot from taking away screentime from the turtles. But hey, it was his call. I'm just saying (getting back on topic), it would've been a nice little throw in with Casey proposing and it would've been an even better ending. Okay, that's my rant. Thanks for listening.
You have to see this from the other side though. Since scenes had to get cut I'm glad this was one of them. There were already turtle screen time issues after this cut. Think if they had cut one of the turtles scenes instead of this one.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #84
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

And on the other side, I only know about two people that lived togther before marriage neither of those lasted. Now everyone else I know is still married. But anyhow...

I'm glad they made the cut, because it would have ruined the moie even more for me.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #85
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

OMG gimme a break. They live together NOW in the comics, I can't recall if they're married but THEY DO LIVE TOGETHER. Get over it.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #86
Blithe
Thug

I don't care if they marry, live together, or go the common-law route. If they do officially tie the knot, I'd rather they just go to a JP or something. I don't really want to see some hokie "A Very Special TMNT: Casey & April's Wedding".

I like how they handled Casey and Gabrielle's nuptials in the comics though. If April and Casey are married, I'd prefer a similar presentation.

Unfortunately, these matters aren't up to me, but I can keep my fingers crossed
Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #87
gobo
Wacky Action

TMNT has never been a conservative property... ever

I'm actually remembering this just now, but here's a true story.

When I had my first brain surgery, and had to go to outpatient therapy to learn to use my limbs again, it came out that I liked TMNT. I remember the therapist getting all indignant and saying how bad it was. Her biggest complaint was how it's setting a bad example. "My son watches it all the time when he's at his friends'. Then they go play fight, kicking, punching, and swinging sticks around. Someone always gets hurt", she'd tell me. Even as a ten year old, my first thought was the same as it is now. I knew better than to say it, but... I really am sorry her son was such a dumbass.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #88
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I'm actually remembering this just now, but here's a true story.

When I had my first brain surgery, and had to go to outpatient therapy to learn to use my limbs again, it came out that I liked TMNT. I remember the therapist getting all indignant and saying how bad it was. Her biggest complaint was how it's setting a bad example. "My son watches it all the time when he's at his friends'. Then they go play fight, kicking, punching, and swinging sticks around. Someone always gets hurt", she'd tell me. Even as a ten year old, my first thought was the same as it is now. I knew better than to say it, but... I really am sorry her son was such a dumbass.

yeah aren't we all .
Old 08-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #89
Ninjinister
無問題

What needs to be remembered, is although it seems otherwise, is that the United States is not an entirely Judeo-Christian society. Part of the First Amendment designates freedom of religion. Thus, not everyone has the same basic morals. Who knows? Casey and April might be Buddhists or atheists or something. Or maybe they're Catholic and they just don't care. The fact of the matter is, living together is a personal preference for the individuals involved and nobody else. Like homosexuality; what the Hell do YOU care what they do by themselves on their own time, that is not illegal?

EDIT: Excuse me if I seem a bit harsh... just hit a nerve.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #90
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

But also, why should she, and those that think like her, be forced to share everyone elses' morals?

This is a no-win argument, because it's all about opinion. I feel sad that those who are fighting so hard for people to HAVE AN OPEN MIND cannot have an open mind themselves and realize that other people might think this is wrong. It's complete hypocrisy.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #91
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S View Post
What needs to be remembered, is although it seems otherwise, is that the United States is not an entirely Judeo-Christian society.
What also needs to be remembered, is that WB doesn't want to offend anyone, anywhere, from age 1-99, and a toddler seeing April living in sin with Casey might -- gasp -- grow up one day and move in with his/her girlfriend/boyfriend.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #92
Sunshine
Mad Scientist

Location: A nice little spot in the gutter where I keep my mind
I am a little upset by the implication that them living together should somehow make the movie not "family friendly". All they imply is that the two live together nothing more. Nothing controversial or inappropriate. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong simply that I fail to see it as an issue in either case. Little kids won't care or likely even notice, they watch the movie for the same reason all of us do to see the turtles. Older kids will think whatever they want and would even if April and Casey weren't shown living together. And adults should be able to understand that different people make different decisions and that if the characters in every movie rated pg-13 and under handled relationship issues the exact same way a lot of films would be very boring. Really if April had been living with say the turtles instead of Casey this wouldn't of even been brought up. Why? Because the only reason I can see why Casey and April living together could even be considered as not "family friendly" is if you are jumping to the conclusion that if they are living together then they are sleeping together. And really there was NO evidence to confirm or deny that. So I don't see why this is being treated like it's some sort of a big deal.

And there is my rant...
Old 08-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #93
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

I consider myself pretty conservative and I'm a big fan of the wait-'til-marriage thing. But I think this is silly. If there had been, say, a bedroom scene between the two... well that would be across the line (for me and the rating). Thats even ignoring that it should be the Turtles' movie anyway.

All the movie shows is they live in the same apartment. There are no real dirty implications about it, and said apartment is there mainly to show that the TMNT can fall back on Casey and April in times of trouble, like when Raph gets tranquilized. It's such a non-issue that this complaint is mind-boggling... and surely the PG (as in, not "G" for General Audiences) rating will cover implied cohabitation, right? (How would it negatively affect kids anyway? This behavior is all around us in the real world, and any kid too young to have noticed that not all couples are married is probably too young for a PG movie, yes?)

I would think you'd have more issues with April goosing Casey in Winter's tower. "...Nice work, Jones..."
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:52 AM   #94
Raven
follower of Jesus

I'm all for not portraying things that happen in the real world, in fact I say boycot it all!

Really is it that much of a problem? Little kids more then anything didnt pay attention to this, the kids were more interested in the turtles.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:07 AM   #95
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Did you ever wonder why all those boxes weren't unpacked yet? Cause they were too busy have premarital sex, that's why!!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:22 AM   #96
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Why do Casey and April live together....

Isn't it obvious? Do you know how much an appartment costs in NEw York City? I'm surprised they don't have all four turtles get jobs move in and chip in for the rent.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #97
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Two words... time share
Old 08-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #98
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Two words... time share
Hilarious, and relevant.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:50 AM   #99
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Why do Casey and April live together....

Isn't it obvious? Do you know how much an appartment costs in NEw York City? I'm surprised they don't have all four turtles get jobs move in and chip in for the rent.

yeah...and that right there is the perfect formula for a prime time sitcom

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:59 AM   #100
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Did you ever wonder why all those boxes weren't unpacked yet? Cause they were too busy have premarital sex, that's why!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote