The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #901
ZariusTwo
Overlord

DC's Friday Press Breakfast

https://www.newsarama.com/35515-sdcc...breakfast.html

Metal will directly address plot threads from Grant Morrison's Batman and the Darksied War. Shazam will appear.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:19 AM   #902
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So how's this for dumb?

Spoiler:
Not only do they bring back Barry and Iris' kids the Tornado Twins in The Flash, they reveal that they're fated to be evil. Then, one issue after declaring she'd stick with Barry despite the lies, Iris becomes infected with the negative speed force and becomes a bitch to Barry

How many more books am I gonna drop?
Old 07-27-2017, 11:36 AM   #903
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So how's this for dumb?

Spoiler:
Not only do they bring back Barry and Iris' kids the Tornado Twins in The Flash, they reveal that they're fated to be evil. Then, one issue after declaring she'd stick with Barry despite the lies, Iris becomes infected with the negative speed force and becomes a bitch to Barry

How many more books am I gonna drop?
I didn't read that as they're FATED to be evil. Simply that it is one possible future to be avoided, and besides, it's Thawne... I wouldn't take anything that guy says or shows at face value.

Futures can always be changed.

But the Iris drama... yeah, whoop-de-do.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #904
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What's going on with the Wallys now? What about Wally's kids, or Impulse?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #905
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think they inserted an Impulse outfit cameo in the latest issue..as for Wally, he's caved in to temptation and is necking with Donna Troy [what is it with Amazonian homewreckers?]
Old 07-27-2017, 12:37 PM   #906
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I didn't read that as they're FATED to be evil. Simply that it is one possible future to be avoided, and besides, it's Thawne... I wouldn't take anything that guy says or shows at face value.

Futures can always be changed.

But the Iris drama... yeah, whoop-de-do.
I remember reading in Flash vol.2#216 that Barry told her everything and talked in his sleep as well. It is hard to believe that would contradicted as it led up to Infinite Crisis and was written by Johns. Also, I thought Thawnw died a second time in The Button two parter?

Is James Jesse alive in this continuity? He was also much more compwilling than the teenager.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #907
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I've only read the first Titans volume - which isn't all that far behind, really, given Titans is one of the few titles in Rebirth that's monthly instead of bi-monthly - but I know some of what's going down. At the end of the first, he and Linda were starting over, because he realized he was the only one with any memories of the past life. Apparently he and Donna are seeing each other at the moment, but, I mean, no one honestly thinks that's going to last. Nothing about kids have resurfaced.

I'm just guessing based on gut feeling and solicits but I have a feeling we might be headed toward a Superman-esque merge of the two Wallys. On one hand, that sucks, because it's one less black hero in a universe that's still low on notable ones. On the other, that's all Wally 2 had going for him to start with, since what I've read of him in the New 52 didn't do much with him. But for now, he just left the Teen Titans and is hanging with Deathstroke, who is getting a team together, for a bit.

Impulse is still nowhere to be found, but that doesn't worry me. Rebirth's been doing a lot to bring pre-Flashpoint stuff back. Bart's gonna show up again eventually. It's almost inevitable. But I imagine re-establishing Jay Garrick will come before that, since that has apparently been teased.

Quote:
besides, it's Thawne... I wouldn't take anything that guy says or shows at face value.
I'm not a storied Flash reader, but I know enough to say yeah, never trust a Reverse Flash.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:10 PM   #909
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Dinah and Ollie will get back together during Metal

https://www.newsarama.com/35708-gree...ck-canary.html
I figured they would sooner than later. The current Green Arrow series is about them almost as much as it's about everything happening to Ollie. It's a pretty fun series, too. I'm enjoying it in trade. First time I've been roped in by Green Arrow, really.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #910
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Is all of Ollie's history pre-New52 back?
Old 07-29-2017, 03:38 AM   #911
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I figured they would sooner than later. The current Green Arrow series is about them almost as much as it's about everything happening to Ollie. It's a pretty fun series, too. I'm enjoying it in trade. First time I've been roped in by Green Arrow, really.
I like it too, I'm collecting the trades as well. Next to Superman, it's my favorite Rebirth book and for the most part does have a much healthier portrayal of Ollie and Dinah despite the ups and downs. If only we'd gotten this when they were married
Old 07-29-2017, 12:58 PM   #912
ZariusTwo
Overlord

http://nerdist.com/geoff-johns-dooms...iew-dc-comics/

So Geoff was going to drop the driving narrative of the whole Rebirth phase until Trump just happened to win?
Old 07-29-2017, 01:22 PM   #913
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Is all of Ollie's history pre-New52 back?
They aren't doing that with him, no. But he's back to being the character we knew pre-Flashpoint, though, and has been rebuilding the things we know from that era. Stuff from the pre-Flashpoint era is coming back though; Shado has a fairly big role in the early stuff, while Roy and "Snowbirds Don't Fly" is apparently addressed in the stuff that hasn't hit trade yet.

Quote:
I like it too, I'm collecting the trades as well. Next to Superman, it's my favorite Rebirth book and for the most part does have a much healthier portrayal of Ollie and Dinah despite the ups and downs. If only we'd gotten this when they were married
They're both standouts, but I have to admit I'm more satisfied with what I've read of Rebirth than I expected to be. Of the six or seven I've read thus far, I've liked all of them at least a little, with only Batgirl falling a bit short and ending up just "okay" (but not because of the art because Rafael Albuquerque is top shelf, even if I'd rather he and Snyder be doing American Vampire again). The first trade of Wonder Woman was pretty good too, and I'm not usually a fan of the character.

Yeah, this rebuild of Ollie and Dinah feels like a much better portrayal of the two. I've tried to get into Green Arrow several times before now and it never stuck, but I've seen some of the pre-Flashpoint stuff and yeah, it wasn't always pretty.

Quote:
So Geoff was going to drop the driving narrative of the whole Rebirth phase until Trump just happened to win?
I don't think that's what's being said at all. The article notes the initial storyline was almost scrapped. If Doomsday Clock didn't come together, something else probably would have. I don't think they were going to completely drop the overall narrative entirely.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #914
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
The first trade of Wonder Woman was pretty good too, and I'm not usually a fan of the character.
I made a mental note of prepping myself for the movie by following Diana's book more regularly...prior to that I had dipped in and out of her adventures during Pre Flashhpoint. I recall enjoying Rucka's original run with the character [and at the time they were teasing her having feelings for Batman because the JLU cartoon was teasing it], and I also liked John Byrne's stint, and when her mother took up the mantle for a spell.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:21 PM   #915
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I made a mental note of prepping myself for the movie by following Diana's book more regularly...prior to that I had dipped in and out of her adventures during Pre Flashhpoint. I recall enjoying Rucka's original run with the character [and at the time they were teasing her having feelings for Batman because the JLU cartoon was teasing it], and I also liked John Byrne's stint, and when her mother took up the mantle for a spell.
I've tried her at various points. Never really got into her for whatever reason. Rebirth was the first time I was at least interested enough to continue.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #916
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I've tried her at various points. Never really got into her for whatever reason. Rebirth was the first time I was at least interested enough to continue.
It helps she has more of a relationship to build off on, for some reason Steve Trevor wasn't made a big deal in the gap between Crisis and Flashpoint
Old 07-31-2017, 03:36 PM   #917
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It helps she has more of a relationship to build off on, for some reason Steve Trevor wasn't made a big deal in the gap between Crisis and Flashpoint
That's on how George Perez re-interpreted things. Steve Trevor were old as hell, being as they were from WWII in the post-Crisis continuity, and couldn't really serve in any meaningful capacity. From what little I know, apparently Steve and Etta eventually married and he never amounted to much of anything. Flashpoint and the New 52 changed that, in that they actually tried to do various things with him.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #919
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Take it with a HUGE grain of salt. As a general rule I never really trust anyone who shows up out of the blue, makes a new account and then posts outlandish rumors. Too many people get kicks out of spreading misinformation these days. I never understood it.

Some of it's common sense stuff. The Legion will definitely be around and a factor. They've already been teased. So showing up but good and helping Superman already seems likely, especially seeing Johns is a big fan of the Legion. They've made a point of five years of missing time, so there's definitely going to be some old continuity brought back, though I don't buy it being all of it.

I don't immediately buy the Marvel Legacy style "everything will be renumbered" thing either, really. There's not a lot of sense to it. 'Tec and Action did, because they were the longest running, most storied comics in history and frankly should never have been completely relaunched. Maybe Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. But everything else? What's the point, really?

Still, interesting, and some of it does line up with what's been happening. If it's a fake, I've seen more immediately obvious con jobs.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:09 PM   #920
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The Legion will definitely be around and a factor. They've already been teased. So showing up but good and helping Superman already seems likely, especially seeing Johns is a big fan of the Legion.
Yeah, they loooove to dust them off every few years and try them again and again. Nobody cares about the Legion and their books don't sell... and every time there's a 11th or 12th reboot of them with a fresh round of retcons/Geoffcons, that just pisses off their core fans that much more. The whole property is radioactive, no matter how much Geoff and Didio want to try and force it on people.

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman