The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 05-30-2018, 08:08 AM   #10261
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post

So, does this mean the 3DS' life span is coming to an end soon?
There are games slated through 2019 at least, from Nintendo themselves (Sushi Striker out in a few days, WarioWare Gold is next month, and a remake of Bowser's Inside Story in 2019).

That said it does look like they're ramping down things because many of the games you'd expect to be on 3DS (like Pokemon) are showing up on Switch.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:27 AM   #10262
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'm tired of all the generation 1 ******** and the fact that it's so closely related to Go is a huge turnoff. No wild Pkmn battles is retarded.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:47 AM   #10263
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Pokemon Quest looks like minecraft level of graphic crap so I’m not gonna bother.

I’m hype for Let’s Go Pikachu & Eevee. Guess I have to download Pokemon Go again on my iPhone.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #10264
CyberCubed
Overlord

The genwunners won, let the rest of us hang our heads in shame.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:48 AM   #10265
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I'm incredibly ignorant of the new stuff, but this Pokemon game looks to me like a combination of Pokemon Go and the newer 3DS games.

I did like what I saw though, looks like a "back to the basics" approach with them using the Kanto region and the basic mechanics.
It looks good, but I’m not interested in going back to the Kanto region yet again and I don’t have a Nintendo Switch anyway.

I started to lose interest in Pokemon after Black/White 2. Those two games were the best in the series, imo. Gameplay got repetitive, tedious and dumbed down after that. Last game I played was Alpha Sapphire.

Last edited by Wesley; 05-30-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:22 PM   #10266
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pokemon Go fans and Genwunners ruined the pokemon franchise. I guess it's [/Ruined Forever] now.

Since Gen 8 was confirmed for 2019 there is a hope it'll knock it out of the park, but with those Go stuff being so successful it's not going to go away anytime soon I bet. The 3DS pokemon games were already disappointing compared to the DS era, and now this is looking even more casual.

These games took away wild pokemon battles, now when you see pokemon in the wild you just throw a pokeball instead of battling them to weaken them first...what the...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:48 PM   #10267
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Pokemon Go fans and Genwunners ruined the pokemon franchise. I guess it's [/Ruined Forever] now.

Since Gen 8 was confirmed for 2019 there is a hope it'll knock it out of the park, but with those Go stuff being so successful it's not going to go away anytime soon I bet. The 3DS pokemon games were already disappointing compared to the DS era, and now this is looking even more casual.

These games took away wild pokemon battles, now when you see pokemon in the wild you just throw a pokeball instead of battling them to weaken them first...what the...
I'm yet to play my Pokémon Sun copy, but didn't Sun/Moon get pretty godo reviews? I know there's no gyms in that game, but there's still some challenge when it comes to catching wild Pokémon or is it like Pokémon Go as you mention?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:00 AM   #10268
sdp
-

This is a spin-off being labeled as a core game to get Go players hooked into the new games. I don't like Go and only played it for like 10 minutes even though I'm a huge Pokemon fan.

I'm still excited for this game since the real Gen 8 games will come out in 2019 and a 3 year wait is fine, Sun/Moon are still new. GF now has the experience while messing around with this spin-off so yeah, a win-win.

I don't like the art style too much and the lack of battles/go mechanics but hey, I love Gen 1 and being able to visit it again is awesome. A full game would've made many people angry since well there isn't much stuff to do in Gen 1 and they woudl've had to modify it a lot. This will be "babbies first Pokemon game" type of experience with the simplified mechanics. So yeah I'll take what I can get and if it's the only way I can revisit kanto with more modern graphics than the GBA games then i'm all for it.

In other news the rom of the beta version of Pokemon 2:Gold leaked so us GENWUNNERS get even more nostalgic filled crap for now.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:02 AM   #10269
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I loved Pokemon Y and was my favorite sense Sapphire.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:23 AM   #10270
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Got Hyrule Warriors & Megaman Legacy Collection 1&2 on switch!
Old 06-03-2018, 05:23 AM   #10271
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Got Hyrule Warriors & Megaman Legacy Collection 1&2 on switch!
any good? just ordered Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection on the switch

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:22 PM   #10272
Shark_Blade
Emperor

^I tested Megaman a bit and it plays well so far, though I’m focusing on Street Fighter (30th Anniv) & Donkey Kong Tropical freeze at the moment.

It’s amazing to see how Street Fighter progressed from SF1-3. The older ones are slow and the new ones’ (SF3 series) animation are so smooth and cartoon like. I love em all it’s still charming.

I’m shocked that SF3: New Generation & SF3:2nd Impact had no Chun Li That’s like my fav character, how did gamers endured not having her back then?? Like that is not right at all. I’m glad she’s back in SF3:3rd Strike.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #10273
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
^I tested Megaman a bit and it plays well so far, though I’m focusing on Street Fighter (30th Anniv) & Donkey Kong Tropical freeze at the moment.

It’s amazing to see how Street Fighter progressed from SF1-3. The older ones are slow and the new ones’ (SF3 series) animation are so smooth and cartoon like. I love em all it’s still charming.

I’m shocked that SF3: New Generation & SF3:2nd Impact had no Chun Li That’s like my fav character, how did gamers endured not having her back then?? Like that is not right at all. I’m glad she’s back in SF3:3rd Strike.
That's one of the reasons why Street Fighter III wasn't exactly a big commercial hit. Lack of popular characters. It was basically Ryu, Ken and then Chun-Li in the final version.

3rd Strike introduced some good characters to the series, though. Yun, Dudley, Ibuki and Yang are all good characters. I also have a soft spot for Necro and last time I was playing 3S competitively I was trying to learn him.

3rd Strike is by far the best version of SF3 and a favourite by many SF players due to parring. Chun-Li is arguably the best fighter in the game for competitive play. As a big Chun-Li game I love it that there's a gem where she is the best fighter overall. She was pretty good in Super Turbo 2 as well.

Overall I like 3rd Strike. It's a very good game and very smooth, but I'm more of a Super Turbo and Ultra SF4 guy myself. Ultra in particular has a killer roster.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:27 AM   #10274
Shark_Blade
Emperor

^Cheers for the info! It’s fun learning about SF’s history.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #10275
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:

How are you faring with the controls for SF30th?
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #10276
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Here's my info:

FC: SW-4228-3597-5693
Username: Dead2009

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #10277
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Got Dead Cells, pretty fun game but it was too short of my taste.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:20 AM   #10278
Vegita-San
Emperor

How do I upgrade the switch memory?

is it as easy as the others?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #10279
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You get a micro sd card and stick in the slot under the kickstand.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:39 AM   #10280
The Deadman
Foot Elite

NES Games With Nintendo Switch Online Detailed, Wireless NES Controller Announced
https://www.gameinformer.com/nintend...nes-controller

Ill pay the 4 bucks a month or whatever it is to be able to play 20 NES games.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote