The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-13-2021, 06:08 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

What is to be done about Tokka and Rahzar?

Does anyone else think it's obvious they can't be allowed to run free? So far they've caused a near fatal helicopter crash and completely lashed out over a piece of cloth. They don't seem to understand the consequences of their actions and are far too unpredictable to simply allow to roam around. So how are they going to be dealt with? I mean it's kind of a rabid dog situation here...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 06:12 PM   #2
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

I say desert island.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 06:18 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Does anyone else think it's obvious they can't be allowed to run free? So far they've caused a near fatal helicopter crash and completely lashed out over a piece of cloth. They don't seem to understand the consequences of their actions and are far too unpredictable to simply allow to roam around. So how are they going to be dealt with? I mean it's kind of a rabid dog situation here...
I think Hobs is going to get them back. Once somebody informs him of what happened, He's gonna go out searching for them and bring them back to his HQ.

Hobs would be there daddy because he created them. Kind of like what happened when one of the weasels sees Hobs and called him Dada.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:21 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I think Hobs is going to get them back. Once somebody informs him of what happened, He's gonna go out searching for them and bring them back to his HQ.

Hobs would be there daddy because he created them. Kind of like what happened when one of the weasels sees Hobs and called him Dada.
I get that they're babies but how would even control them? It just seems like the easiest solution would just be to send them off to another dimension or something.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-13-2021, 06:23 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I get that they're babies but how would even control them? It just seems like the easiest solution would just be to send them off to another dimension or something.
Hobs would be the only person who can control them because they are his creations. Therefore they would see him as there surrogate father.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:27 PM   #6
Leo656
The Franchise

That worked out perfectly in BvS when Lex created Doomsday. Oh, no wait, Doomsday immediately tried to liquefy him.

It's silly to think that mindless rage-monsters would give a crap who their "Daddy" is. Not everything is a cartoon. Geez. Sure, it was done that way for comedic effect in "Secret of the Ooze" but let's be honest, that's a bad movie and "Because It's Funny" was why 99% of the choices in it were made. That doesn't mean it would actually make any logical sense.

***Also, it's "Their", fer Chrissakes. "THEIR surrogate father." You've done this like three times today alone.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 06:35 PM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

If anyone thinks kids will do what their father tells them to just becaus he's their dad, then they clearly have never had kids... Or been around kids... Or talked to a father... Or have a basic understanding of children...

... Or have even been a child themselves...
Hahahaha!
Old 02-13-2021, 07:30 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Maybe Renet sends them to a reality they won't fuck up. It worked for all those extra Bebops and Rocksteadys...
Old 02-14-2021, 10:06 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

One thing I wonder is why IDW makes their mutants so huge.

Slash towered over the Turtles, Bebop/Rocksteady are like 10 feet tall in this series, and now Rahzar/Tokka are huge. I realize they do this to make the mutants more of a credible threat to the Turtles due to their size, but making every mutant much larger than they usually are feels strange.

You can make enemies tough without making them tower over the Turtles in size.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:22 AM   #10
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
One thing I wonder is why IDW makes their mutants so huge.

Slash towered over the Turtles, Bebop/Rocksteady are like 10 feet tall in this series, and now Rahzar/Tokka are huge. I realize they do this to make the mutants more of a credible threat to the Turtles due to their size, but making every mutant much larger than they usually are feels strange.

You can make enemies tough without making them tower over the Turtles in size.
I like it when enemies like Shredder, Rat King, Leatherhead, etc, are somewhat taller than the Turtles, given that they're supposed to be on the short side themselves, but I'll agree this is going too far. Even Slash I'd be fine with just being the same size as the other four, the hulking portrayal in this and the 2012 cartoon isn't my favorite thing ever. Only massive enemies should be Krang (depending on the iteration) and the Triceratons.

As for the question posed, since it's already been addressed in all possible ways here and elsewhere, I'll give a troll answer: Tokka and Rahzar are big boys, and there is a food shortage in Mutant Town...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #11
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Possibly the demutate like their original versions?

Or Rat King gets two new toys. He is due to show up soon, right? He seems like the unpredictable type.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:28 PM   #12
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I like it when enemies like Shredder, Rat King, Leatherhead, etc, are somewhat taller than the Turtles, given that they're supposed to be on the short side themselves, but I'll agree this is going too far. Even Slash I'd be fine with just being the same size as the other four, the hulking portrayal in this and the 2012 cartoon isn't my favorite thing ever. Only massive enemies should be Krang (depending on the iteration) and the Triceratons.

As for the question posed, since it's already been addressed in all possible ways here and elsewhere, I'll give a troll answer: Tokka and Rahzar are big boys, and there is a food shortage in Mutant Town...

If this story was written better, having tokka and rhazar drop in hungry and immediately rush to where Mutant Town's very limited food supply is stored would make for good drama.

But I guess you're saying the citizens should eat them? Ew..

^^^^
Old 02-14-2021, 02:38 PM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Really? I thought he was saying they were gonna eat the citizens, not the other way around.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-14-2021, 02:44 PM   #14
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Eh yeah that's probably what he meant.

^^^^
Old 02-14-2021, 06:49 PM   #15
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Really? I thought he was saying they were gonna eat the citizens, not the other way around.
I meant the Mutant Town residents could eat them. It was a(n admittedly dumb but deliberately so) joke.

FWIW, I've often felt it was tremendously sad to just let all of that perfectly good dead dragon meat go to waste, what with so many mouths to feed after the Triceraton invasion and the bomb and whatnot... I'm sure all the hungry aliens in Burnow wouldn't look a gift mythical beast in the mouth, either.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 02-14-2021 at 07:00 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:24 AM   #16
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier

I’m sure they’ll quickly befriend them and Tokka and Rahzar will lose all of their threatening qualities so they can do cute things like play toys with little Lita and accidentally break them. “No Tokka, you’re too big for the rocking horse!” A lot of the comic recently has just come down to “how cute can we be here”. I really wish they weren’t babies. Them being babies always bugged me so much when I’d watch Tmnt ii as a kid. I just wanted them to be threatening enemies without being comic relief.
staypuftweepel is offline   Reply With Quote