The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-24-2016, 08:40 AM   #61
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz845VlMbOg

Uncensored version of Negan, which is much more comic accurate with his particular style of speech.

If JDM lost the facial hair, he'd be perfect.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:18 AM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
If JDM lost the facial hair, he'd be perfect.
Right? I thought he was going to do that in Season 7, given his comment to Abraham about his needing to shave... but every peek at 7 I've seen it doesn't look like it.

I think they're just worried that JDM without facial hair wouldn't look like JDM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #63
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Right? I thought he was going to do that in Season 7, given his comment to Abraham about his needing to shave... but every peek at 7 I've seen it doesn't look like it.

I think they're just worried that JDM without facial hair wouldn't look like JDM.
Probably.

Novel idea: maybe they should worry that JDM with facial hair doesn't look like Negan!?

Actually, more like: Negan without f-bombs isn't Negan.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

* * * SPOILERS * * *

* * * SPOILERS * * *

I have it on good authority that this is what happens. It could be bogus, but I'm thinking it's not, as it's the one same source that leaked that Season 6 would end on a cliffhanger when everyone and their mom was just spouting out fake leaks about who dies.

As I understand it, Negan chooses Abraham. Negan kills Abraham. Daryl cries out/tries to intervene, but rather than kill Daryl, Negan punishes Daryl by instead killing Glenn as well. Then, a little bit after, Negan starts punching Carl to near-death. A saw is near Rick... the deal is, Negan will stop punching Carl to death if Rick picks up the saw and cuts off Carl's hand. Rick says no, he won't do it, so Negan keeps punching. Eventually Rick agrees, picks up the saw... but Negan, satisfied that Rick is sufficiently broken/willing to work for him now, stops him. Rick and his (surviving) crew are sent on their way, Daryl goes off to the Kingdom, and Negan keeps Carl for safekeeping and an insurance policy.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:42 AM   #65
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
* * * SPOILERS * * *

* * * SPOILERS * * *

Negan starts punching Carl to near-death.

too bad Negan just doesn't finish it?
Old 10-23-2016, 08:27 PM   #66
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
* * * SPOILERS * * *

* * * SPOILERS * * *

I have it on good authority that this is what happens. It could be bogus, but I'm thinking it's not, as it's the one same source that leaked that Season 6 would end on a cliffhanger when everyone and their mom was just spouting out fake leaks about who dies.

As I understand it, Negan chooses Abraham. Negan kills Abraham. Daryl cries out/tries to intervene, but rather than kill Daryl, Negan punishes Daryl by instead killing Glenn as well. Then, a little bit after, Negan starts punching Carl to near-death. A saw is near Rick... the deal is, Negan will stop punching Carl to death if Rick picks up the saw and cuts off Carl's hand. Rick says no, he won't do it, so Negan keeps punching. Eventually Rick agrees, picks up the saw... but Negan, satisfied that Rick is sufficiently broken/willing to work for him now, stops him. Rick and his (surviving) crew are sent on their way, Daryl goes off to the Kingdom, and Negan keeps Carl for safekeeping and an insurance policy.
this was pretty dang close!!!

VERY close!!!
Old 10-24-2016, 10:18 AM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
this was pretty dang close!!!

VERY close!!!
Yeah, only thing off was Negan punching Carl over and over again. And Rick's axe, not a saw. And it doesn't appear Negan kept Carl, though I think this part in particular was my own assumption.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:14 AM   #68
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Yeah, only thing off was Negan punching Carl over and over again. And Rick's axe, not a saw. And it doesn't appear Negan kept Carl, though I think this part in particular was my own assumption.
as i was watching it unfold i was thinking to myself - "holy crap! Andrew must have himself one HELL of a source!"

but yeah, aside from a few minor differences it was REALLY close!
Old 10-24-2016, 11:46 AM   #69
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That said, I'm convinced it was Abraham. For multiple reasons.
Yay, I win.

Great episode, but woulda been just as good with out the cliffhanger last season.

Really excited for the blu rays from here on out, so we can have real Negan. He was still great though, just totally mounted and rode Rick all episode long.

Very glad Carl wasn't taken away. He gets to have THAT moment soon enough, I would assume before the mid-season finale.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #70
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Really excited for the blu rays from here on out, so we can have real Negan.
Now I know they shot Negan in the season 6 finale twice so the blu-rays would have an R-rated Negan... but are we sure that's the plan for every Negan appearance ever, going forward? Not just a one time thing?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #71
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yay, I win.

Great episode, but woulda been just as good with out the cliffhanger last season.

Really excited for the blu rays from here on out, so we can have real Negan. He was still great though, just totally mounted and rode Rick all episode long.

Very glad Carl wasn't taken away. He gets to have THAT moment soon enough, I would assume before the mid-season finale.
Really wished they didn't give us the flashbacks and leaving us in the open for the first 20 minutes but the Glenn death was nothing short of perfection
Old 10-24-2016, 12:30 PM   #72
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Spoilers....

I can't believe they went through with the eye socket thing. This was a great episode.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
I can't believe they went through with the eye socket thing. This was a great episode.
You can clearly see the eyeball in the gristle on the ground, too.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:06 PM   #74
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
Spoilers....

they NEEDED to have the whole eye pop with Negan pointing it out to everyone.
that was probably one of his more memorable lines along with Lucile being a vampire bat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Really wished they didn't give us the flashbacks and leaving us in the open for the first 20 minutes but the Glenn death was nothing short of perfection
yeah the first 20 or so minutes were such a waste of time! just more padding like the entire season 6 finale!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:29 PM   #75
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Now I know they shot Negan in the season 6 finale twice so the blu-rays would have an R-rated Negan... but are we sure that's the plan for every Negan appearance ever, going forward? Not just a one time thing?
If JDM is to be believed, that's what they're doing going forward: http://www.cbr.com/the-walking-deads...-to-the-comic/

Almost makes me want to stop watching weekly and just wait for the home release.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:00 PM   #76
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
If JDM is to be believed, that's what they're doing going forward: http://www.cbr.com/the-walking-deads...-to-the-comic/

Almost makes me want to stop watching weekly and just wait for the home release.
if you do you'll be spared many annoying insurance commercials that way!
Old 10-24-2016, 10:08 PM   #77
Coola Yagami
Overlord

People getting their heads beat into bloody mush, A-OK. A few f-bombs... oh hell no! I wish people would have more consistency with what goes and what doesn't fly in tv. Little Timmy got to see two nightmare fuel inducing deaths, back to back. A few swears isn't gonna kill him.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:50 AM   #78
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
People getting their heads beat into bloody mush, A-OK. A few f-bombs... oh hell no! I wish people would have more consistency with what goes and what doesn't fly in tv. Little Timmy got to see two nightmare fuel inducing deaths, back to back. A few swears isn't gonna kill him.
the bloody skull bashing is perfectly acceptable to the sponsors.
they might even try using it in their commercials?

"if only he'd had our insurance before his head became a messy pulp."
Old 10-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #79
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
People getting their heads beat into bloody mush, A-OK. A few f-bombs... oh hell no! I wish people would have more consistency with what goes and what doesn't fly in tv.
It's all self-imposed by AMC. Cable networks don't need to censor anything, even nudity.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:27 AM   #80
ToTheNines
[sic]

Self-imposed, but done in order to appease advertisers. Doubt they'd lose any over it, but they don't want to risk it I guess.