The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-13-2021, 04:45 AM   #221
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I'll see it, but I really believe those rumblings the first movie's script was plagiarized and the sequels were what the Wachowskis were only ever truly capable of. Which, suffice to say, wasn't up to much.

I do love all the speeches in Reloaded though. Probably because every Playstation game at the time were full of them.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:28 AM   #222
Sumac
Banned

I have my doubts about greatness of Avatar sequels: original barely remembered as anything, but a CGI performance, which is different from how Star Wars maintained its presence even when there were no movies or big projects.

So there is a possibility that sequels will be nothing, but beautiful, but ultimately empty blockbusters, which are plaguing Hollywood, since the 00s.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #223
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Eh. Maybe. I'unno. "Shot beautifully", sure. Zero argument there.

The rest?

"The planet's called 'Pandora'."
"I know."
"It's like, foreshadowing how if they f*ck with it, they're gonna be unleashing all kinds of havoc unforeseen."
"Yep."
"....That's deep, man."

Except for how NO IT F*CKING ISN'T!!!

That's the sh*t I mean, man. Not only is the movie preachy and its message transparent and paper-thin (not BAD, just... obvious and blunt), but some of it is so "on the nose" that it's all up in there scratching your frontal lobe.

That's some "I'm gonna name my main character Avery Mann, or better yet Norm Hull, so that everybody thinks I'm clever when they get it" level sh*t. You just know the numbnuts who came up with it thought he was the smartest motherf*cker in the room and not at all a gigantic f*cking dumbass.
Who cares what they name things, though? And you didn't even touch on "Inobtanium."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I have my doubts about greatness of Avatar sequels: original barely remembered as anything, but a CGI performance
I don't know... it's not good odds to bet against Cameron. He might have gotten full of himself over the years, but he hasn't shown he is even capable of turning in a forgettable or unsuccessful film.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:14 AM   #224
IMJ
Emperor

The first Avatar was way underwhelming. It dragged and the "Dances with Wolves with Aliens" thing is dead on.

I do remember though thinking that the VFX were absolutely photo real in most instances. They did a great job, even with ships landing and how the trees were responding to the air pressures and whatnot. I have little or not anticipation for the sequels - too little, too late to care. I used to like Sam Worthington too, but his career has died on the vine in the interim.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:04 PM   #225
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't know... it's not good odds to bet against Cameron. He might have gotten full of himself over the years, but he hasn't shown he is even capable of turning in a forgettable or unsuccessful film.
It can repeat fate of the first Avatar: be a juggernaut in the box-office and barely remembered few years later.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:56 AM   #226
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Who cares what they name things, though? And you didn't even touch on "Inobtanium."
Too easy.

I think people care, or they wouldn't poke fun. I mean, bare-minimum effort is bare-minimum effort. Stuff like that is a little bit too Freshman Year for my tastes, y'know? You expect better from people who've been doing this a long time and been successful at it.

It just sort of illustrates what a lot of people are always saying, how with that movie they put a huge deal of effort and care into the CGI, and when it comes to the other stuff it's like "Eh, just tack it on." It makes it seem like the visuals were the only thing they cared about and the entire point of making the movie.

...Which it was. I mean, it's as much a "tech demo" as it is a movie, a showcase for where special effects technology was going. That's fine, they made money with it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 12:01 AM   #227
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Kinda candid. Interesting.

https://gamerant.com/matrix-resurrec...explained/amp/
Old 09-18-2021, 12:16 AM   #228
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I want a Matrix tv show on HBO Max and a cartoon. Will this be the first PG13 Matrix?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 12:19 AM   #229
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I want a Matrix tv show on HBO Max and a cartoon. Will this be the first PG13 Matrix?
If it's PG-13 I won't support it at all. F*** that.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:38 PM   #230
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well it's confirmed rated R. I wonder how dated the movie will look with the black attire and trench coats and whatnot, it reeks of the early 00's. I mean I'm all over it. I watched all the movies also the animatrix is the matrix cartoon we wanted. I forgot how good it is, it's not very rewatchable but man it's still really good at least most of the shorts. I hope we get an animatrix 2 someday. I don't know if I want a Matrix 5 and 6 if 4 is successful but i'm glad we're getting a fourth film, such a great universe.
Old 11-11-2021, 12:04 PM   #231
IMJ
Emperor

Loved the Animatrix.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:27 AM   #232
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Not a sequel."

https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-mat...-not-a-sequel/

Hmm... OK, I'm starting to worry this might end up being something meta to a degree that it might almost become a parody.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:57 AM   #233
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

So it's going to subvert expectations? Fun...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:18 AM   #234
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
"Not a sequel."

https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-mat...-not-a-sequel/

Hmm... OK, I'm starting to worry this might end up being something meta to a degree that it might almost become a parody.
I read that's exactly what it is. More line with MG2 Sons of Liberty
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:52 PM   #235
Sumac
Banned

Wachowski going meta?
Well, if anything, you are either do it right and it become stuff of legends (like MGS2) or you make it wrong and it becomes butt of all possible jokes (MGS4).

Also, I don't really sure what it supposed to be? A spin-off with new protagonists? Weird soft-reboot / sequel? I don't know...
Old 11-24-2021, 04:31 PM   #236
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm just worried it might be something like, Keanu Reeves is not playing some kind of new Thomas Anderson... he's playing somebody else, in a world where the Matrix movies exist as movies. But it turns out he's the Neo in some kind of REAL 2021 Matrix.

Or something.
Old 11-24-2021, 11:13 PM   #237
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think you're reading too much into it, that's not where they're going with the movie, you could say that the first and second movie also subverted expectations. Just so everyone prepares for it I'm sure that the movie will include a trans character who is trans female in the real world and real female in the matrix. That's something they wanted to do since the first movie with Switch but were not allowed since it was too "much" back then for studios.

I watched the Enter The Matrix spin-off movie, the tie in video game (that should get a remaster) that actually has filmed footage with the actors. I know it's been released as an extra on dvds but without the context of what's happening in the video game it doesn't make much sense. In fact by watching this first you get a lot of context over what's happening in Reloaded and you feel less lost but at the same time if you haven't watched reloaded many things in the game don't make sense. Kind of weird but cool in a way, wish more movies had done something like this.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #238
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I'm just worried it might be something like, Keanu Reeves is not playing some kind of new Thomas Anderson... he's playing somebody else, in a world where the Matrix movies exist as movies. But it turns out he's the Neo in some kind of REAL 2021 Matrix.

Or something.
I feel like its the only way to make something surprising in the world of Matrix, because, "Zion is a simulation" was speculated since Revolutions and no-one would be surprised by that. Might as well watch 13th floor movie, which directly plays with this idea.

And I don't see what another original idea, they can introduce in the story, because, repeating OG remise, will be just...boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I watched the Enter The Matrix spin-off movie, the tie in video game (that should get a remaster) that actually has filmed footage with the actors. I know it's been released as an extra on dvds but without the context of what's happening in the video game it doesn't make much sense. In fact by watching this first you get a lot of context over what's happening in Reloaded and you feel less lost but at the same time if you haven't watched reloaded many things in the game don't make sense. Kind of weird but cool in a way, wish more movies had done something like this.
Please, no.

On paper this is an interesting idea - in practice, however, it means that you won't understand jackshit from both a movie and a game, if you play / watch them without the other half being available to you, because, important scenes, which give context to certain events and provide character development, are divided between the two works.

Like, I've played ETM before watching Reloaded and most of the stuff in the game was pure nonsense. After I've watched Reloaded, most of it made sense, but I've noticed that movie was missing a lot of stuff, as if it was cut in a really haphazard way.

So, no, it is an interesting idea, but there is no way to implement it in a nice way, without damaging structure of either work.

Last edited by Sumac; 11-25-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:30 PM   #239
sdp
Megan Fox = April

My interest is piqued, yeah it could be terrible but the trailers are doing a good job in having you get excited.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:33 PM   #240
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Well, I'm excited again.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote