The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-22-2021, 02:20 PM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I am fairly sure that Japan-only shows won't get woke, partially, because, of Japanese culture, partially, because, of their national pride. Not so sure about shows that would be made with international audience in mind, but its telling that a lot of creators in Japan itself are pushing against SJW crap.

So, if anything SJW would be able to massacre dubs, but that's why subs exist.
I don't even think it's that. They're just doing what they're doing. I've seen posts on Twitter from Mangaka literally confused as to what us stupid Americans are squawking about.

They have a story, an idea, what if s guy can sprout chainsaws from his arms, what if a guy has an alien fused to his hand, what if girls discover they have magic powers, etc and just run with it. They don't care about forced diversity or other woke ******** unless it naturally comes to mind in the story.

Ironically anime has messages too. Messages that oppose the left. Work hard, earn your reward, value friendship, all of this falls against the left that feels entitled to everything cause POC and are willing to drop their friends at the drop of the bat cause someone voted from for the wrong guy.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 05:07 PM   #42
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Stop cultural imperial imperialism...let PoC make their own stories!
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #43
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

On another note, I feel that Izuku has gotten less ... fresh-faced, as time went on.

He became less like Steven Universe, and became more of a generic, good-looking anime boy.

I don't like it one bit.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 11-26-2021 at 03:16 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:15 PM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
On another not, I feel that Izuku has gotten less ... fresh-faced, as time went on.

He became less like Steven Universe, and became more of a generic, good-looking anime boy.

I don't like it one bit.
I guess? Midoriya was never chubby or anything? Maybe the art style got more defined, but he always looked like generic good-looking hero character.... especially when he's not crying and whatnot.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-26-2021, 03:23 PM   #45
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I know.

It just feels like the overall stylization/aesthetic of his character design became ... superficial. It feels like Horikoshi wants to market him as a well-defined boy toy. Even when he already has characters who serve that purpose ...

He no longer feels like a relatable cinnamon roll. It's disappointing.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:42 PM   #46
Allio
Foot Elite

You should probably just watch Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kin. Probably more up your alley.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:56 PM   #47
Prowler
Emperor

I Enjoyed the first 2 seasons of MHA a lot. But seasons 3, 4 and 5 have pretty much been more of the same and it feels like not much has changed.

The series has an interesting concept, but the author doesn't seem to explore it well enough and doesn't seem to be good at doing world building. It's basically just Heros and UA Students fighting against the League of Villains over and over again. The formula doesn't change and the series doesn't take any risks to break the status quo.

It's still entertaining enough, but it's not a great series by any means. Not every major shounen series can be One Piece and not every shounen mangaka can be Oda, I guess.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 01:01 AM   #48
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Based on the signals present, it feels like the author definitely desires an ending for this series. I don't begrudge his decision. In fact, I am glad that he ceasing work on this franchise.

Imagine working day in and day out, with planning, storyboarding, sketching, drawing, inking, writing, and coloring - that's time-consuming. So, you do all of that on a step-by-step basis, while finishing with the last step. Seemingly, you're noticing that you're having time to spare. Then, you're coming to the realization that you have get going on the next chapter assignment. You're not even getting a chance at checking/correcting your mistates; you better be filling out those manga panels.

Crunching in a small office/apartment is just not the way to live. It's just not worth the physical, emotional, and mental toll it takes on the human body, nor is it worth the time that would/will certainly become irreplaceable.

My heart aches heavily for him and his colleagues. I genuinely hope that they're able to recuperate after this experience.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 12-11-2021 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:59 AM   #49
Sumac
Banned

Yeah, poor author...making millions from his work...what a poor guy, my heart bleeds for him and his piles of money...damn, I wish I was poor like that!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:50 PM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Yeah, poor author...making millions from his work...what a poor guy, my heart bleeds for him and his piles of money...damn, I wish I was poor like that!
What good is wealth when you're practically working yourself to the bone with no time to actually enjoy it? Sure, he might have a hell of a retirement saved, but most of us enjoy spending money while we're still young.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:12 PM   #51
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Manga authors don't even get paid that much.

The money mostly goes to the top executives and production committees.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:29 PM   #52
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
What good is wealth when you're practically working yourself to the bone with no time to actually enjoy it? Sure, he might have a hell of a retirement saved, but most of us enjoy spending money while we're still young.
He can stop at any time.
Knowing insane work-ethic of Asians it is unlikely, but still.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:03 AM   #53
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

For sure, the author can take a(n) definite ( ,or even indefinite ) intermission.

Over time, however, the total viewership and monetary value would decrease as a result. The rate of manga volumes/chapters would slowly deplenish. The higher-ups would be displeased with the ongoing development, and would then force the author to continue work.

That's why I hope he will be able to finish his manga definitively. He shouldn't be pressured to work on something that he's increasingly become weary towards.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 12-11-2021 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2021, 05:01 AM   #54
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

So, I had just waded through Chapter #337 of My Hero Academia.

It mostly sucked. The author had suddenly introduced an important plotline, and then quickly concluded the same plotline. Why make it pointlessly short and inelaborate?

Also, the last page made me laugh ... again.

I can't comprehend it. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 12-19-2021, 08:17 AM   #55
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

The series is planned to end in about a year. Im glad that they are actually going through with ending it!

My Hero Academia Manga Series Will End In 1 Year
Old 12-19-2021, 01:04 PM   #56
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

That's actually an estimate of the time frame. It may take until early 2023 to finish it all.

But still, that's good.

On a related note, a fan-favorite will play a significant role within the final act.

Also, I just read Chapter 338. It's a tonal dissonance that meshes tired, sexist objectification with an underdeveloped, undignified story/character arc. Just, what a way for a chapter to go.

I'm only reading the manga on a sunk cost fallacy. Otherwise, this manga ...
Old 12-19-2021, 02:34 PM   #57
neatoman
Emperor

Just like how Dragon Ball ended in 1988... Wait...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:00 PM   #58
Allio
Foot Elite

Truly the boku no hero academia zetto shippuden was the best arc of the franchise.
Old 12-19-2021, 04:09 PM   #59
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

Also, I just read Chapter 338. It's a tonal dissonance that meshes tired, sexist objectification with an underdeveloped, undignified story/character arc. Just, what a way for a chapter to go.
Im not sure how I feel about the story right now...its in a home stretch and is going fast. However, a little bit of fan service never hurt no one.
Old 12-19-2021, 05:13 PM   #60
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

But still, was it really necessary?

It just felt tone deaf to the chapter at hand. Not to mention, it felt massively disturbing.

I ... just don't know why Horikoshi felt the need to insert that in.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 12-19-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Tags
papenbrook triggered