The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-09-2021, 08:12 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Oh, that's definitely a different matter.

We have a store here named 2nd and Charles (not sure how wide spread it is or if anyone on this forum might be familiar?) that's an awesome mix of half used and half new stuff... It's primarily a used book store, but also resells a lot of games, albums, comics, pop culture stuff (typically new, including some exclusive to the store and a big section Funko Pop), other toys and collectables, etc... That store is frigging candyland and fun to browse. I dare Cubed to visit one and not stay a while. lol

Only been a few times and I haven't bought a whole lot, but I usually check if they magically have "The Works" vol 5 I'm looking for... So far no luck.

God, last time I was there I took a glace over their rare book section. Carefully looked at a couple old titles over a century old, from 1908 and 1911. Too cool.
Since the pandemic began, I haven't been to places like bookstores again. I miss going to those places. Another reason why I can't wait for this **** to be over.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:12 PM   #22
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
We get it, Cubed. You never leave the house and never pay for anything. We totally got that.
Lol.

I really want to meet this guy in person, he seems like a great guy to hang out with locked up in the house.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:32 PM   #23
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
We get it, Cubed. You never leave the house and never pay for anything. We totally got that.
I wouldn't brag about that if I were him.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:14 AM   #24
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

This is about the only shopping that I do.

DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

I used to actually enjoy grocery shopping. Feels like a long time ago.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
This is about the only shopping that I do.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...4222?s=612x612
For food or for stock images?

My shopping today consisted of looking in Dollar Tree for anything that might come with little weapons that MIGHT be able to work for 2012 TMNT figures. Figures from eBay for my nephew, but sans weapons. (Anyone know any cheap sources besides the overpriced and limited offerings on eBay?)

No clothes or jewelry... just little plastic pretend stabby things. lol (Did manage to find a pair of swords -- with a figure we can just pretend is Karai -- and a machete to start with.) Am I not womaning right?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-10-2021 at 02:46 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:22 PM   #27
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Mostly for food.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:37 PM   #28
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

My shopping today consisted of looking in Dollar Tree for anything that might come with little weapons that MIGHT be able to work for 2012 TMNT figures. Figures from eBay for my nephew, but sans weapons. (Anyone know any cheap sources besides the overpriced and limited offerings on eBay?)

No clothes or jewelry... just little plastic pretend stabby things. lol (Did manage to find a pair of swords -- with a figure we can just pretend is Karai -- and a machete to start with.) Am I not womaning right?

There is a site that sells just action figure accessories, but I forget the name of it. You can also look on Ebay for accessories lots, which are usually cheaper than trying to buy pieces individually, and they often have some great pieces included.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:48 PM   #29
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
You and me both. Esp if something is super soft and fluffy... I have often had to tell myself no, I don't need yet another blanket, or other item. I'd hoard that sort of thing like a crazy lady hoards cats if I let myself.

Oh, gawds. Blankets. Sooo many blankets. We have enough of what hubby calls "warm fuzzies" aka kitty magnets, for a family of ten. And of course, most of them have, in fact, become feline napping spots around the house.

Now, I didn't mention jewelry before, but although I rarely wear much, I DO have quite a bit. Mostly cute holiday pieces like snowflake earrings and pendant, a pair of earrings for Easter of little colored eggs, hearts for Valentine's, shamrocks for St. Patty's, and so on. Of course I have some nicer stuff for special occasions, with real gold and gems, that sort of thing. A few pieces of religious jewelry as well, like the Goddess rose pentacle I wear every day, a tree of life set, etc. That pentacle is probably the ONLY piece I wear regularly, though. Even my wedding ring is hardly ever worn, but that one never leaves my neck!

Old 03-13-2021, 02:49 AM   #30
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eqMSCPWxz8w

Man , 90s models , zoinks
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 09:28 AM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Anyone find it ironic a number of women in this thread started a discussion of what they like buying/shopping and what they get from the store out of the blue, essentially proving the point of my initial question?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:25 PM   #32
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You mean like purposely mentioning things that were outside of your assumptions about clothing and jewellery?

It's only ironic to a person who sits around naked in a bare apartment and stares at an unpainted wall all day because they literally never shop for anything.

If you're really so desperate to feel validated that you know some kind of magical "secrets" about how women supposedly operate, a nearby craft store finally opened yesterday and was able to go get the (cotton?) necklace cord I'd been wanting to get for several months to turn a metal/pompom spider into a pendant for Halloween. Feel better?

What's really iconic is that as someone who doesn't leave the house you waste money on pants.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-13-2021 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:33 PM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

This is gonna turn into another Cubed thread where he claims all women are secretly bi, isn't it?
Old 03-13-2021, 12:35 PM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh don't even get that started.

How do we know he isn't just secretly fishing for tips on how to be a woman?
Old 03-13-2021, 12:38 PM   #35
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Oh don't even get that started.

How do we know he isn't just secretly fishing for tips on how to be a woman?
I don't think he wants to be one. Maybe he wants a gf though. I remember Cylons having a theory that CC got laid when Cubed wasn't posting that often here a couple of years ago, but nah, no way that's what actually happened.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:18 PM   #36
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
It's only ironic to a person who sits around naked in a bare apartment and stares at an unpainted wall all day because they literally never shop for anything.

What's really iconic is that as someone who doesn't leave the house you waste money on pants.
Pleeeeeeeease post more.

Despite the fact that these two statements contradict each other, I find them individually hilarious. For one thing, it's kinda funny/odd that you'd assume he'd be naked... although maybe? Not sure we need to know for sure...

I'unno... post more, you're funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
This is gonna turn into another Cubed thread where he claims all women are secretly bi, isn't it?
...Did it stop being true?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:36 AM   #37
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Why would anyone even assume women only shop for clothes or shoes or jewelry? Glad Indigo mentioned crafts, because that's one of my biggest weaknesses. Finding items to use for my turtle lair, or for various craft projects I've been doing, is one of the things I love shopping for. And candles. Love, love, LOVE scented candles!!!!

Old 03-14-2021, 11:25 AM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Finding items to use for my turtle lair
You know you're a TMNT fan when, at least in my case, you notice some new wooden doll furniture items in passing last week (basic stuff like chairs, dressers, etc) at Dollar Tree and you immediately think they could be a good size for Turtle figures. Alas, I have no lair.

The real truth about women... we pretty much buy a bit of everything. That's called living.

edit: Pretty sure what someone buys or the styles they like says a lot more about them as people and less about them as a gender demographic.

Case in point, I think... other than the cord for the spider, my last jewelry purchase -- since some are so sure that's a woman specific thing -- was a katana shaped bracelet for super cheap. Had wanted one for a while and lucked out and found someone selling (eBay) what is probably the knockoff of the Walking Dead one, but that's perfect. Again, I'll probably rarely use it, but the point is it's a katana, so that's awesome.

I've got thoughts of using one of those 3D printing sites that will produce metal items to try to make a TMNT inspired pendant, but still mulling over that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Pleeeeeeeease post more.

Despite the fact that these two statements contradict each other, I find them individually hilarious. For one thing, it's kinda funny/odd that you'd assume he'd be naked... although maybe? Not sure we need to know for sure...

I'unno... post more, you're funny.
To be fair, I guess work from home nudity is more reasonable in warmer months.

Not enough going on around here these days to post to, sad to say.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-14-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:51 PM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

To be fair, I guess work from home nudity is more reasonable in warmer months.
You're just gonna drop something like that and walk away.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:50 AM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

There are people who walk around their house naked all day? I always wear a T-shirt and shorts or sweatpants when I'm in the house. I'm not a savage.

Might as well be living out there in little tea huts in the dirt and the woods if you don't want to wear clothes. Maybe a loincloth at most.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote