The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 06-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #201
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Saw this in a Facebook group and thought it was brilliant. I never thought of doing this before, but what a great way to have your cake and eat it too!

Guy nicely box-knifed his box into a frame for wall display. Brilliant.

https://i.imgur.com/AQebhawl.jpg

F*cking brilliant.

MOTU fans are the coolest. I was looking on the .Org at some guy's foamcore Grayskull Dungeon diorama and I must've jizzed at least twice. These cats are nuts, in a good way.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:10 PM   #202
IMJ
Foot Elite

Managed to stumble upon a Battle Armor He-Man and two of the Deluxe Hordak's at a local Target today, which were good finds because they were sitting there unpunched, which means that I can also cancel my (more expensive) BBTS pre-order on those....
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:48 PM   #203
joe-eyeball
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Managed to stumble upon a Battle Armor He-Man and two of the Deluxe Hordak's at a local Target today, which were good finds because they were sitting there unpunched, which means that I can also cancel my (more expensive) BBTS pre-order on those....
I just found both of those at target yesterday. I also found a Castle Grayskull at Wal-Mart which allowed me to cancel that on BBTS. I remember Leo said they were placing the Grayskull boxes in the mega construx section instead of the figure aisle and when I checked , there one sat!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:58 PM   #204
Leo656
The Franchise

Despite some foolish rumors, Mattel insists that the Origins line is continuing, and apparently they now can do more She-Ra characters if enough people ask.

http://thefwoosh.com/2021/07/mattel-...of-sdcc-event/

As I suspected, they kind of dulled the roar for "Origins" a little while they prepared to release "Masterverse" alongside the new cartoon series but they presently have no plans to end it, with more stuff to be announced soon.

The brief bit about playsets not being a good fit for the modern retail market kind of makes me think they won't end up doing a Snake Mountain or anything, but we'll see. I mean, he's not wrong - the cost of decent-sized playsets nowadays means that most people just won't buy them; one of the few cool things from the "Rise of TMNT" toy line was the sewer playset but that thing just sat around for months until it got Clearance'd - but since they did Grayskull I'd love to see them do Snake Mountain even if it's the only other one they do.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:24 PM   #205
joe-eyeball
Hench Mutant

58BD12AA-5A63-402F-A238-09784E31AC86.jpg

Not crazy over these and certainly not going to bite given the price! Don’t hate the designs but I definitely don’t love them and I don’t like the scale. I’ll stick with origins.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote