The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-29-2022, 02:10 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

TMNT #130 discussion

Issue #130 just got released, I thought I make this thread to discuss this latest issue, I thought it was pretty good, It has some emotional moments.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:11 PM   #2
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Now iam ready to kill Leonardo! HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA
Old 06-29-2022, 02:36 PM   #3
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i enjoyed it. i wonder how bludgeon will do as a teacher. also had some good brutality in this one, sheena pulled a killer croc move.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:40 PM   #4
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
i enjoyed it. i wonder how bludgeon will do as a teacher. also had some good brutality in this one, sheena pulled a killer croc move.
Also there were some emotional moments.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:46 PM   #5
mrmaczaps
Banned

Marginally better than the last 2 years but still super weak. Art is "mushy" for lack of a better term... I really wish they'd bring on a better creative team. I don't care about the entire zoo worth of weaka$$ characters. I want some ninja action & just the turtles. This book has become a sh!tty CW comic book series.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 03:54 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man they did a Mortal Kombat fatality on Groundchuck. Kinda funny to see Groundchuck/Dirtbag as mindless zombie mutants here when they're getting major spotlight in the new game and original cartoon comic coming, and in this series they're introduced and killed off in less than 5 issues.

The Punk Frogs are ugly as hell and the artist made them look the same as the Turtles. Some of them looked just like Leonardo, it's really weird they didn't draw all their faces different. I guess this is it for them, I wouldn't be surprised if they move to Florida like they did in the original cartoon.

Venus with Bludgeon is odd if only because I guess she'd be with Karai and the Foot. Still don't know what to make up Shredder now but it's too early. This issue seemed to wrap things up for now setting the next arc up.

Carmen and the other mutants are useless extras though, it is proof the comic introduces way too many additional characters they don't need.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:16 AM   #7
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

Honestly, I'm digging the redemption of Saki.
That's never been done before. And, leaves it wide open for a new villainous take or Shredder.
Could be done using the corpse of Karais father and the dragon scale. Could be a certain scary utrom takes up the mantle.
Either way, it's cool Saki gets to finally be himself, and we get to see that.
There's tons of potential here.
It just needs to be utilized.
And now we know how the four "Dark" turtles get made. I'm hoping it's one insane fight when they square off four on four. Unless they have a surprise, evil Jennika too. Regardless, this is the opportunity to show some decisive, viciously fast paced martial arts action.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:25 AM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nightwalker View Post
Honestly, I'm digging the redemption of Saki.
That's never been done before. And, leaves it wide open for a new villainous take or Shredder.
Could be done using the corpse of Karais father and the dragon scale. Could be a certain scary utrom takes up the mantle.
Either way, it's cool Saki gets to finally be himself, and we get to see that.
There's tons of potential here.
It just needs to be utilized.
And now we know how the four "Dark" turtles get made. I'm hoping it's one insane fight when they square off four on four. Unless they have a surprise, evil Jennika too. Regardless, this is the opportunity to show some decisive, viciously fast paced martial arts action.
How were they created? I am not sure how the dragon scale works.

Reading this makes me feel justified in skipping the title and reading all of the tie-ins.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:49 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

They should really do away with Carmen and the extra mutants like the ant guy, the hippo, the other shark, and so forth. Also Lita and the 3 weasels haven't appeared in awhile I forgot about them. Sheena being axed would be a good idea too.

Weird how Venus and Jennika are here but Venus being a recurring character will make them feel different besides the magic stuff.

Basically it's the same stuff the book has always had problems with and that's introducing way too many secondary and third-tier characters. We really don't need all these C-tier and D-tier characters around regularly.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:29 AM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They should really do away with Carmen and the extra mutants like the ant guy, the hippo, the other shark, and so forth. Also Lita and the 3 weasels haven't appeared in awhile I forgot about them. Sheena being axed would be a good idea too.

Weird how Venus and Jennika are here but Venus being a recurring character will make them feel different besides the magic stuff.

Basically it's the same stuff the book has always had problems with and that's introducing way too many secondary and third-tier characters. We really don't need all these C-tier and D-tier characters around regularly.
I 100% disagree, They are hear to stay, They are great additions to the series.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:57 AM   #11
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:34 AM   #12
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
How are they "great" when they basically do nothing noteworthy?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 10:05 AM   #13
hypered1
Mad Scientist

An audience is an audience even if it's not the one you think it should be.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #14
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Okay, and? Who cares?
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 01:53 PM   #15
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Wouldn't it be better to drop the woke bs and write better stories that appeal to a wider audience, that actually BUYS the books to make more money to sell more related products? Rather than staying stuck in the woke bs that has actual readers dropping off the series or only buying it to have a "complete" run? [I would think the first group would be better...]

This series continues to suck at best. Hopefully this new storyline ends the series. Then fire everyone currently working on the book and start over fresh & new.
Old 07-12-2022, 02:19 PM   #16
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Wouldn't it be better to drop the woke bs and write better stories that appeal to a wider audience, that actually BUYS the books to make more money to sell more related products? Rather than staying stuck in the woke bs that has actual readers dropping off the series or only buying it to have a "complete" run? [I would think the first group would be better...]
Because it's not about telling better stories, it's about 'sending a message'. It's really not about money, they don't care. Whether the comic is selling like hotcakes or flopping like toilet cakes, they don't give a f*ck, and it won't affect the quality of their output. People have been screaming "GO WOKE, GO BROKE" for years now (since 2016, maybe a little earlier), but...it's very clear that 'going broke' doesn't matter to them. At all. In fact, I think a lot of the investors for these sort of projects are willing to throw a ton of money at them if it means, like I said already, sending out the message they want it to.

Quote:
This series continues to suck at best. Hopefully this new storyline ends the series. Then fire everyone currently working on the book and start over fresh & new.
My advice for you, and everyone else, is to give up. It's not going to get better, and the damage has basically been done. I don't think it'll magically improve after the mess that was Mutant Town, and Jennika being forced as one of the TMNT. It's done. Drop it if you hate it, and move on....... Easier said than done since entertainment sucks now, but...yeah. If you already dropped it then...whatever? I guess peek in these threads, and roll your eyes at how awful the comic is now.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:58 PM   #17
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Because it's not about telling better stories, it's about 'sending a message'. It's really not about money, they don't care. Whether the comic is selling like hotcakes or flopping like toilet cakes, they don't give a f*ck, and it won't affect the quality of their output. People have been screaming "GO WOKE, GO BROKE" for years now (since 2016, maybe a little earlier), but...it's very clear that 'going broke' doesn't matter to them. At all. In fact, I think a lot of the investors for these sort of projects are willing to throw a ton of money at them if it means, like I said already, sending out the message they want it to.

My advice for you, and everyone else, is to give up. It's not going to get better, and the damage has basically been done. I don't think it'll magically improve after the mess that was Mutant Town, and Jennika being forced as one of the TMNT. It's done. Drop it if you hate it, and move on....... Easier said than done since entertainment sucks now, but...yeah. If you already dropped it then...whatever? I guess peek in these threads, and roll your eyes at how awful the comic is now.
I want to quit it but its like a bad car wreck & I can't seem to look away as I roll passed the body parts on the side of the road next to the car parts.... lol. 40 issues back, I gave up buying the RI covers... might just quit buying the A covers to save money.
Old 07-13-2022, 11:23 AM   #18
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
My advice for you, and everyone else, is to give up. It's not going to get better, and the damage has basically been done. .
Holding out through Armageddon Game and then I'm bowing out
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 04:14 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's basically what's happening, by issue 150 they will finish the main story arc. Now what they do from issue 151 onward remains to be seen, or if Sophie is replaced, etc.

Tags
tigercuck