The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-07-2020, 09:15 PM   #41
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Funny how people project themselves into what's "normal".
April was 115, a normal health weight. If you fat, its time to diet. get over it.
We've seen the pictures. Most of you are more than big boned. That doesn't mean April is in anyway underweight. Normalizing obesity is wrong.

And if you fat and you trying to say fat is normal, well, these days, I guess it is, but its now 1/3rd is fat, and that's not a good normal, even if it the new normal.

This is why so many of you are getting sick. Put the GD pizza down.
Also, the turtles would weigh almost twice that. Bone shells would be heavy AF.
Thank you for the professional health advice, I would've not found it anywhere except for a tmnt forum.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:21 PM   #42
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Thank you for the professional health advice, I would've not found it anywhere except for a tmnt forum.
When people proselytize on behalf of obesity, I consider it a public service to clap back.

Now drop and give me 20.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:29 PM   #43
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
When people proselytize on behalf of obesity.
That wasn't done in this thread though, like at all.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:49 PM   #44
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
That wasn't done in this thread though, like at all.

Nope not at alllllllll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I was gonna say, I definitely remember April explicitly stating in at least one episode of the old cartoon that she was either 27 or 28 but I couldn't remember which.

I also think 115 lbs is extremely light for a woman about 5'8 with that amount of "curvature". I'm about 5'8 with a fairly "slight" but reasonably athletic frame, BMI about 26%, and I weigh on average anywhere between 160 and 175 depending on a variety of factors. Granted, I'm a dude, but my arms and legs aren't significantly thicker than any average person, be they male or female. The median "healthy" weight for anyone who stands 5'8 would be between 130 to 150 based on a variety of factors. A woman at that height who weighed 115 would be borderline anorexic-looking. They definitely wouldn't have such large, full breasts. I used to perform physical evaluations on people almost every day and there really isn't a ton of variance in body types and body structure. One of my most fit female clients is about 5'7 with almost no body fat, with fairly ample, er, "assets", and she recently weight in at about 142.

Given the way she's drawn, I'd put FW April at about 130-ish if she's 5'8. That's about average, especially given how she's neither drawn to be "buff" nor a stick figure.

This does roll right into something I always used to laugh about in fighting games, though, with the characters' body weights being just completely wrong. Like half the guys in Street Fighter II or whatever would always be underweight by a good 30-50 lbs based on how muscular they were drawn to be and what their listed height was. Always gave me a chuckle, but moreso once I started working in the fitness industry and was constantly looking at data on what weights generally went with various body structures.

Bottom line, video games are generally bullsh*t when it comes to getting vital stats correct. But I guess that's to be expected, given how most games are programmed by stick-thin, chain-smoking Japanese people who probably don't work out. How're they supposed to know? They're just making up numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
So konami FW April is underweight and JP bio card 2k3 April is in the lower end of normal weight by bmi standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Agree that 115 lb is rather light for someone 5'8 and doesn't really match how she's designed. That was my average weight for the whole of my adult life up through my 30s and always been thin at that weight and only 5'4. She'd have been rather thin at that weight.

lol Sells more merchandise.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #45
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Yeah, those posts are totally advocating that we should all become fatasses.

Your reading comprehension is beyond horrible, assuming that you're not trolling.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:19 AM   #46
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, those posts are totally advocating that we should all become fatasses.

Your reading comprehension is beyond horrible, assuming that you're not trolling.

I get the feeling somebody is a fat ass.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:11 AM   #47
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Leo is a personal trainer and wrestler, so he knows what's a healthy weight and I'm certain he'd be pretty accurate to deduce what would be a more accurate weight on how a character is drawn.

But it's clearly abundant that the T in TommyT stands for troll, when I'm using the BMI standards and he thinks it's proselytizing fatness

Quote:
When people proselytize on behalf of obesity, I consider it a public service to clap back.
Quote:
Funny how people project themselves into what's "normal".
April was 115, a normal health weight. If you fat, its time to diet. get over it.
Quote:
We've seen the pictures. Most of you are more than big boned. That doesn't mean April is in anyway underweight. Normalizing obesity is wrong.
The BMI Standard is:
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

And if Konami FW April is 5'8" with a weight of 115lbs her BMI is 17.5, so underweight.

If JP Bio card 2k3 April is 172cm tall and weight 56.7kg, her BMI is 19.2

But, by all means. The BMI Standard is flawed as it's not favorable to short people and the only factors are height and weight it can be wrong. After all, Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime is by MBI Standard considered a whopping Obese 31.

But the end of the day, TommyT is just trolling, it was clear from the get go, and should be really obvious when he listed his wife's cup size. Cup size means jack **** without band measurement( ex. 34A is actually the same cup size as a 32B and 30C ), so he's just spouting out words and terms he thinks means something to keep up his trolling charade
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:07 AM   #48
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

If April O'Neil did share a romantic relationship with anyone, it was probably toned down to the point of non-existance just so the kids would focus on the action scenes, new mutants to appear in the show, and so on.

As for April having Casey's number, they were probably buddies. Maybe he would call her up whenever he decided to go do his vigilante duty within the city. After all, the ratings for Channel Six can only go up when the street punks are filmed getting their butts handed to them by a hockey mask wearing lunatic when the Turtles weren't available.

Last edited by DarkFell; 04-08-2020 at 02:05 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:28 AM   #49
TommyT
Banned

Like hell.

"And if Konami FW April is 5'8" with a weight of 115lbs her BMI is 17.5, so
NORMAL WEIGHT.

15-20 BMI is healthy and NORMAL. It is dangerous to fall below a certain fat index for women. Men can get as low as 5% and still be fine. fit individuals fluctuate between 10-15.

over 25 is obese. 30 is edging into MORBIDLY OBESE.

If you're over 25, you are in fact, fat. Reality is a place, try it out, and my god don't lecture me on what's normal.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:49 AM   #50
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Keep trolling
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:17 AM   #51
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Wives love it when you talk about their cup size on the internet with strangers.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:10 AM   #52
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
If April O'Neal did share a romantic relationship with anyone, it was probably toned down to the point of non-existance just so the kids would focus on the action scenes, new mutants to appear in the show, and so on.

As for April having Casey's number, they were probably buddies. Maybe he would call her up whenever he decided to go do his vigilante duty within the city. After all, the ratings for Channel Six can only go up when the street punks are filmed getting their butts handed to them by a hockey mask wearing lunatic when the Turtles weren't available.
I always saw it as the typical random asspull. Like that one episode where Splinter cured the Turtles with mothballs, because. "How do we get Casey into this story? Um... IDK, say April has his number. Never mind he probably doesn't even own a phone, just do it." Even as a kid I was like

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:09 AM   #53
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Maybe April and Vernon had a thing going on privately lol.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:31 PM   #54
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Wives love it when you talk about their cup size on the internet with strangers.
She's actually pretty proud of her body. She works hard for it, and she's the one chirping in the background that "fit-shaming" is what lazy people do.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:12 PM   #55
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Maybe April and Vernon had a thing going on privately lol.
I would doubt it, but Vernon undoubtedly had the hots for her even if they were both competitors.

In one episode I can't remember the name of, Vernon fakes being unconscious so April could give him mouth to mouth.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #56
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
He has a point though. Being overweight brings health issues. I mean there aren't really any health benefits to being overweight.

Quote:
I would doubt it, but Vernon undoubtedly had the hots for her even if they were both competitors.
More than that, in The Big Break-In he really seems to care.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:30 PM   #57
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Uh, but Irma was clearly thirsty for the D tho.
The 'D' being Donny

There were a couple of hints April was into Mikey sometimes, it informed a lot of my fics over the years.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #58
Leo656
The Franchise

Wow, this went off the rails quickly!

Truly, it's the End of Days when Kappa of all people jumps to my defense. Thanks, by the way.

It's like, until the virus came and took'er jerbs, I only put chicks on a scale and did body fat measurements and all that almost every day for 10 years. No, yeah, I went to school for this sh*t but I have no idea what's "healthy", and 125 is totally fat, you guys.

I mean... in SOME sense, the guy wasn't 100% wrong, insofar as normalizing ACTUAL obesity is unhealthy and I say the same thing all the time, but... well, as I well know, sometimes you can be "right" on principle but still so completely off-putting about delivering the message that nobody listens to it anyway.

So, uh... I been out, and I see the guy's Banned. What'd I miss?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:09 PM   #59
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
So konami FW April is underweight and JP bio card 2k3 April is in the lower end of normal weight by bmi standards
Japan is weird when it comes to weight for example Kanna Kirishima from Sakura Wars is a 6'6 tall muscular woman, so of course her weight is 171 lbs

By the way I know its not wise to speak ill of the banned but its kinda funny how Tommy can't understand how 110lb for a 5'8 adult woman is underweight but thinks Rise has bad anatomy

Last edited by PApagreg; 04-25-2020 at 07:21 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:15 AM   #60
LennyD
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So as we know April is nearly always romantically paired with Casey in nearly all incarnations. However in the OT Casey was a wacko and he and April never got romantically involved. Besides that April never got with anyone else on-screen either, and never mentioned wanting to date anyone.

In the Konami Arcade games based on the OT, they said April was 27:

https://live.staticflickr.com/3182/2...8e8699f2_b.jpg

Do you think OT April ever had a boyfriend? Or was, "married to her job?"

At age 27 she was nearing 30, so I'd find it surprising if she never had a romantic partner at all by then.
I was in love with april from the moment I set eyes on her. Too bad cartoons aren't like "who framed Roger rabbit?" In reality. I would marry that woman. Sigh
LennyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil