The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-27-2020, 09:16 PM   #61
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm kinda crushing on the chick in the above-posted pic, myself.

My tastes are generally all over the place.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 10:58 AM   #62
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

In the episode "Leatherhead: Terror of the swamp" April says "Oh, great! I'm doomed to be a decrepit twenty-eight-year-old hag!"

The Konami arcade game was released on October 11th 1989 and the Leatherhead episode was aired on November 3rd 1989, so either that was a mistake or she had aged up after the events of the arcade game.

as for love interests, half the time she's too busy working or looking for a news story to think about romance.

Rex-1 was sweet to her but he's a robot (as she states at the end of his introduction episode)

she and Irma have sweet moments, but she is "married to her career" part of her personality and part of the time, (being the 80s career woman) there are sometimes moments where she isn't working where she's either at her or Irma's apartment or with the turtles

if April did get a lover, she'd want someone who understands her and loves her for who she is and not just for her looks.
NeonTurtledude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 09:10 PM   #63
Prowler
Emperor

April worked a lot and had a very hectic life ever since she met the Turtles. A boyfriend would be hard to write into the series. Plus, the series is not a romance. I doubt most of its audience would have much interest in a romantic subplot involving April.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 09:29 PM   #64
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

April already has a lifelong companion: the rope.

Get it? ‘Cause she’s always getting kidnapped and…

Aw, forget it.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:52 PM   #65
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

On top of being a "married to her career" type... maybe she was actually rather socially awkward? I mean, look at the company she kept. The likewise awkward girl from work, mutant Turtles, a crazy guy... Maybe she really just wasn't all that skilled at forming romantic relationships, let alone average platonic ones.

I mean, the one time she thought she could be really hitting it off and he, well, turned into Bugman. lol Accepting flaws has limitations and no one wants a partner turning into THAT in the middle of you know what. Talk about traumatized.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:16 PM   #66
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
On top of being a "married to her career" type... maybe she was actually rather socially awkward? I mean, look at the company she kept. The likewise awkward girl from work, mutant Turtles, a crazy guy... Maybe she really just wasn't all that skilled at forming romantic relationships, let alone average platonic ones.

I mean, the one time she thought she could be really hitting it off and he, well, turned into Bugman. lol Accepting flaws has limitations and no one wants a partner turning into THAT in the middle of you know what. Talk about traumatized.
I think she was simply a career oriented woman. I know TV isn't real life, but whenever I eat h shows or movies set in NYC, there's always several female characters who fit the archetype. April clearly loves what she does for a living. Honestly, I still think journalist is the best job for her. You could do so much with that. Lab assistant April lost her job early on because her boss was a nut job, and then she ended up just running an antique store. Kinda makes all the time and money spent studying science at uni a waste doesn't it?

I mean, who else at her workplace other than Irma would make a good friend? Burne? Nope. Vernon? Lol no way. We never got to know the rest of the Channel 6 staff well. Blodgett only showed up in one episode and others were background characters with no names.

April was probably just a rather introverted person. People erroneously often think that introverts are people who are shy and socially awkward, but that's not the case. April seemed very "normal". Plus, in a competitive workplace like hers in a very competitive city like NYC, it can't be easy to make friends. Irma wasn't competing with April's spot as Channel 6's humber 1 reporter like Vernon was.

As for Brick Bradley, I think she just found him handsome. No idea if she'd fallen in love with him if he had not turned into Bugman.

In the first Red Sky season, April mentioned she had a former boyfriend or something who worked at some place in the past that the Turtles were investigating. I haven't seen that episode in ages but you probably know which one in talking about.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:56 PM   #67
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

In the first Red Sky season, April mentioned she had a former boyfriend or something who worked at some place in the past that the Turtles were investigating. I haven't seen that episode in ages but you probably know which one in talking about.
I always chock that up to one of those random hand-wave whatever excuses to keep the plot going. Kinda like 'hey remember that one guy Splinter took in as a pupil for a while but he abandoned us that we never ever saw in any episode ever until his 'return' episode. Or Splinter conveniently having a treasure map on his kimono and it never being brought up.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:11 AM   #68
serpentnight
Random Punk

Not so sure

In the Season 7 episode 'Night of the Rogues' Splinter asks April if she knows how to contact Casey Jones and she sheepishly replies: "Yeah, I've got his phone number but..."
serpentnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 10:40 AM   #69
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentnight View Post
In the Season 7 episode 'Night of the Rogues' Splinter asks April if she knows how to contact Casey Jones and she sheepishly replies: "Yeah, I've got his phone number but..."
Yeah, that was kinda random/convenient too. At least for the OT versions of April and Casey, there's no reason she would even have his number. Especially since they never even interacted in any of Casey's previous episodes.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil