The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-10-2022, 08:42 AM   #1
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Any one feel kind of bad for Rise Leo?

Unlike the past Leo’s he didn’t even want the job, that’s why he let Raph take the position in the first place.

Than he gets picked at the worse time, as far as I know the movie will be his first test as his leadership role which is an end of the world type thing.

I hope we hear his thoughts on the situation.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 04:14 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

His relationship with the leadership role and Raph's claim to the role mostly seems to be a "Let's allow the guy who wants to be in charge think he's in charge" type deal. It's pretty obvious throughout that Leo really leads the team by planting ideas tricking people into doing his bidding, while allowing Raph to believe he's in charge because that's distracting to the enemy and because it satisfies Raph's ego.

It's not an arbitrary last minute thing Splinter just does to troll the viewer, in-universe he probably caught on to what Leo was doing all along and decided it was best to make it official.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 04:19 PM   #3
Leo656
The Franchise

Of course I feel bad for Rise Leo. After all... he's in "Rise".

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 06:35 PM   #4
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Who else gets the feeling that the movie will have a Leo vs. Raph conflict over the change in leadership? You know, like the 2007 film versions?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 11:56 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
His relationship with the leadership role and Raph's claim to the role mostly seems to be a "Let's allow the guy who wants to be in charge think he's in charge" type deal. It's pretty obvious throughout that Leo really leads the team by planting ideas tricking people into doing his bidding, while allowing Raph to believe he's in charge because that's distracting to the enemy and because it satisfies Raph's ego.

It's not an arbitrary last minute thing Splinter just does to troll the viewer, in-universe he probably caught on to what Leo was doing all along and decided it was best to make it official.
This, exactly. So no, I don't feel bad. Leo's running things from the sidelines with a cool demeanor, he'll handle it just fine.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:04 AM   #6
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

He's a thief, a vandal, a liar, and a braggart.

He's got all the leadership qualities.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:24 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Rise Turtles in general are too silly to feel "bad" for any of them, they're just cartoon characters. This is something any of them would shake off in 2 seconds into the next scene.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:05 AM   #8
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Who else gets the feeling that the movie will have a Leo vs. Raph conflict over the change in leadership? You know, like the 2007 film versions?
We did have one scene released before the official trailer that looked like they we’re about to fight with Donnie and Mikey trying to hold them back so yes?

I think Splinter will explain things though as he’s in that scene too so it shouldn’t get too crazy.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:10 AM   #9
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Rise Turtles in general are too silly to feel "bad" for any of them, they're just cartoon characters. This is something any of them would shake off in 2 seconds into the next scene.
It doesn’t look like that will happen in the movie, Leo looks pretty stressed out in a few scenes.

I know they are cartoon characters but at the same time you can get attached to them that you hope they are fine emotionally

One piece anime other shows you have favorite characters you root for.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:40 PM   #10
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
We did have one scene released before the official trailer that looked like they we’re about to fight with Donnie and Mikey trying to hold them back so yes?

I think Splinter will explain things though as he’s in that scene too so it shouldn’t get too crazy.
The more things change...
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:04 PM   #11
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
It doesn’t look like that will happen in the movie, Leo looks pretty stressed out in a few scenes.

I know they are cartoon characters but at the same time you can get attached to them that you hope they are fine emotionally

One piece anime other shows you have favorite characters you root for.
I think what Cubed means is that the Rise characters are like slapstick cartoons such as Looney Tunes whom you mostly laugh at as opposed to feel sorry for.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:15 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah that's what I mean. It's like feeling bad for Daffy Duck after he gets shot in the face with a shotgun. It's just cartoon violence so it doesn't mean anything.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:22 PM   #13
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I feel sorry for Wil E Coyote in how he keeps on failing to catch Roadrunner, and for Tom in how he almost always gets defeated by Jerry.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:35 PM   #14
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I feel sorry for Wil E Coyote in how he keeps on failing to catch Roadrunner, and for Tom in how he almost always gets defeated by Jerry.
That's mostly because of how much of a troublemaker Jerry is when Tom is trying to commit to a task he's been entrusted with but it's still all meant to be good fun. The real treats are those few moments where Tom wins.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:51 PM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Honestly, I feel that the general tone and style of Rise makes it harder to conjure up much sympathy. Agree with the Looney Tunes example.

In various iterations, you feel bad for Leo or Raph badly beaten by their enemies and laying there unconscious, unknown if the harmed Turtle will survive; you feel bad for 2003 Leo dealing with some major PTSD and beating himself up with misplaced guilt; you feel bad for a lot of things they go through as the sympathy was earned. Rise... Sure, if something tragic happened it might get some sympathy, but they tried too hard to make them annoying teen stereotypes and after they acted so stupid much of the time it's hard to feel sympathy over any "boohoo this is hard" moments.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:24 PM   #16
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Honestly, I feel that the general tone and style of Rise makes it harder to conjure up much sympathy. Agree with the Looney Tunes example.

In various iterations, you feel bad for Leo or Raph badly beaten by their enemies and laying there unconscious, unknown if the harmed Turtle will survive; you feel bad for 2003 Leo dealing with some major PTSD and beating himself up with misplaced guilt; you feel bad for a lot of things they go through as the sympathy was earned. Rise... Sure, if something tragic happened it might get some sympathy, but they tried too hard to make them annoying teen stereotypes and after they acted so stupid much of the time it's hard to feel sympathy over any "boohoo this is hard" moments.
Yeah, basically this.

The show cares more about pushing memes than making us care about the characters and their struggles.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 01:54 AM   #17
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

You know, I was kinda hoping we'd get to see Leo's response to being leader and seeing how the rest of the team took it but the movie jumps ahead 2 years later.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:05 AM   #18
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

I felt bad for Rise Leo in the movie, seeing him hear Casey tell him the truth about the future and what happened to his brothers, the future scene reminded me a lot of the the Same As it Never Was episode from the 2003 series

but it was good to see him get some character development
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:52 PM   #19
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Of course I feel bad for Rise Leo. After all... he's in "Rise".

ALRIGHT, WE GET IT!!!!
We get that yall hate rise. Whats the point of purposefully entering a thread on a category dedicated to something you dont like. What do you gain?
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:02 PM   #20
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Boy View Post
ALRIGHT, WE GET IT!!!!
We get that yall hate rise. Whats the point of purposefully entering a thread on a category dedicated to something you dont like. What do you gain?
What do we gain? Triggered responses like this.

Seriously, though, no need to get so upset over this.

Personally I feel sorry for Rise Leo because he got demoted from a wise leader to a wisecracking sidekick. And that’s a pretty big demotion.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 08-12-2022 at 11:08 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote