The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 10:27 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Both the 4Kids and Nick cartoons can be dark and have a TV-Y7 rating.
They can.

Quote:
There is really is no reason why a PG-13 Turtles film couldn't be dark.
No reason in the world, really. There are many properties where the lack of an R-rating actually does hurt the thing... TMNT isn't one of them, and I'm generally the first guy to advocate blood and guts.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:12 PM   #22
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They can.

No reason in the world, really. There are many properties where the lack of an R-rating actually does hurt the thing... TMNT isn't one of them, and I'm generally the first guy to advocate blood and guts.
Agreed. Although I would take an R-rated tmnt movie over pg-13, if done tastefully. I'm fully aware I'm in the minority and it will never happen, but I like my turtles to experiment with language and substances, like teenagers tend to. Some of that would potentially require an "R" rating, but then again maybe not.
I don't think my vision of the tmnt matches up with most fans these days, who would maybe rahter do without that aspect.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #23
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I knew without reading he'd have nothing but good things to say.

I really can't take the man seriously. If it's TMNT, he approves. That's it. I appreciate his work and his enthusiasm, but he has pretty much zero credibility with me.

"Lost Angeles", huh? What happened to his "Fistful of Blood?" Did that already tank? I read the first two issues and it's staple Eastman run-and-gun with some blood-and-boobs thrown in for fun.
Kevin is overly positive and Peter is overly negative. Neither is realistic. However, together their opinions make sense. Kevin wants continued work while Peter does not care which plays heavily into their demeanors.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #24
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Over a decade ago, I saw a TMNT cartoon (aka the 2003 one) which featured Donatello in a future where Mikey had one of his arm's gone, Leo was pretty much blind, Raph had lost an eye, and everyone died at the end except Donatello and an older April. And Donny killed Shredder.

That's 10x darker than anything in these movies. And that was a Saturday Morning Cartoon.

This crap, on the other hand? Has farting rhinos/pigs, a GQ Casey Jones, boners, and a nunchucking vehicle that also shoots sewer lids.

What edge is he talking about? The edge of the cliff that fans wanted to jump off of after watching these stupid things?

The only thing dark about these movies is the BS these people are shoveling into faces.

With all due respect to Mr. Kevin Eastman...but please remind us again about those 'Fight Scenes reminiscent of The Raid & Fist of Legend' that you said would be in these films.

So spot on...

Eastman seems for some, to be able to do no wrong, but he did basically abandon the Turtles in 2000ish... sold out his shares to Peter.... and still here, alot of the time Peter gets the most crap for not finishing volume 4.... at least Pete disapproves of the crappy parts of the Turtles, his or others.... lol.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #25
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Agreed. Although I would take an R-rated tmnt movie over pg-13, if done tastefully. I'm fully aware I'm in the minority and it will never happen, but I like my turtles to experiment with language and substances, like teenagers tend to. Some of that would potentially require an "R" rating, but then again maybe not.
I don't think my vision of the tmnt matches up with most fans these days, who would maybe rahter do without that aspect.
Some teenagers do, some don't. I'd rather not see the bro's smokin dope and shooting heroin.... And please, no animal/human TIMNT bits... Can go further, not seeing everything... We have had origin stories... next up in some meat on the bones.

Opening credits, Marvel like bits of origin (flashback, whatever) and then move the plot forward to something new.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #26
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I would personally like to see what kind of movie Kevin himself would create if he had total creative freedom- write his own script, director and crew adhering to his vision, no compromising to corporate interests or focus groups, what do you all think we'd get?
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #27
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I would personally like to see what kind of movie Kevin himself would create if he had total creative freedom- write his own script, director and crew adhering to his vision, no compromising to corporate interests or focus groups, what do you all think we'd get?
I wonder if he and Peter Laird were hands on with the 1990 movie, since it was pretty much an Indy movie.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
All by himself? It would be like the Mirage "Return to New York" story with violence teetering more towards a "Bodycount" level. With parkour ninjas.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:41 PM   #29
sdp
-

It's cool to see people ragging on Eastman after Laird got ragged on for so many years and people saw him as the savior. I guess we understand now that TMNT really was both Laird and Eastman who put each other in check.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:55 PM   #30
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I just wish they would make a more loyal movie adaptation of the Mirage series. After reading the original Mirage series I realized how much better the movie could have been. Its still a good movie, but it could have been so much better.
Hell I would love to see a movie along the lines of the 2k3 show.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:13 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I just wish they would make a more loyal movie adaptation of the Mirage series. After reading the original Mirage series I realized how much better the movie could have been. Its still a good movie, but it could have been so much better.
You had me until...

Quote:
Hell I would love to see a movie along the lines of the 2k3 show.
... this part.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:37 PM   #32
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
You had me until...

... this part.
Andrew I doesn't matter little you value the 2k3 series. A movie based on the 2k3 series would be infinitely better than any movie we have had so far. You love the Mirage series and the 2k3 is a cartoon is a adaptation of those comics therefore you would think at some level you enjoyed or at least respected the 2k3 series and would probably enjoy a movie based around the 2k3 cartoon with the same tone. Also when I talk about the 2k3 series I am referring to seasons 1-5 only.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:43 PM   #33
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
All by himself? It would be like the Mirage "Return to New York" story with violence teetering more towards a "Bodycount" level. With parkour ninjas.
Pretty much this.
All you're missing is an extremely busty April in a skin-tight jumpsuit and you have a typical Kevin story.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:34 PM   #34
Powder
So tired of this place

Maybe in 1995. Now, I think it'd be something more like The Blue Door.

Think of the 4th movie pitch, Threezero designs, etc. Wildly different, edgy, some sort of trans-dimensional hiccup, new powers, etc.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:43 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Andrew I doesn't matter little you value the 2k3 series. A movie based on the 2k3 series would be infinitely better than any movie we have had so far.
Well, you have a point there.

Quote:
You love the Mirage series and the 2k3 is a cartoon is a adaptation of those comics therefore you would think at some level you enjoyed or at least respected the 2k3 series
Except it's a show that's about 1 part those comics, and about 4 or 5 parts random toy stuff and slapstick stuff that simply wasn't there. And is tonally far, far away.

With exceptions. I did watch I, Monster, and the Kirby episode and those seemed fairly dead-on. "Return to New York" was an embarrassment.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:07 AM   #36
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Maybe in 1995. Now, I think it'd be something more like The Blue Door.

Think of the 4th movie pitch, Threezero designs, etc. Wildly different, edgy, some sort of trans-dimensional hiccup, new powers, etc.
God, I would actually love something like that. It sounds so fresh compared to the Lukewarm Shredder-Stew we've been served for so long. The Foot is one of my favorite aspects of TMNT but I think we need to sidestep it for a while.

Plus, I sort of like those Threezero designs.

Edit: Wow, looks like the ThreeZero Eastman figures are going for upwards of $200-300. Didn't expect them to be that expensive.

Last edited by AquaParade; 08-14-2017 at 10:28 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:50 PM   #37
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
And this is bad, how?
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:08 AM   #38
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Eastman seems for some, to be able to do no wrong, but he did basically abandon the Turtles in 2000ish... sold out his shares to Peter.... and still here, alot of the time Peter gets the most crap for not finishing volume 4.... at least Pete disapproves of the crappy parts of the Turtles, his or others.... lol.
from bits and pieces i've heard in interviews Kevin and Peter were not getting along at all.

it's not so different than a divorce. only that there is no joint custody of the kids.
i imagine it must have been a very painful thing for Kevin to have to do.
but what's more painful? turning your back on something you love that you created,
or staying in a relationship/partnership that has turned sour.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
from bits and pieces i've heard in interviews Kevin and Peter were not getting along at all.

it's not so different than a divorce. only that there is no joint custody of the kids.
i imagine it must have been a very painful thing for Kevin to have to do.
but what's more painful? turning your back on something you love that you created,
or staying in a relationship/partnership that has turned sour.
I don't think it was a not getting along thing. NT:TNM seemed to be the turning point, though.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #40
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
With exceptions. I did watch I, Monster, and the Kirby episode and those seemed fairly dead-on. "Return to New York" was an embarrassment.
With all due respect, nothing will please you mirage fans at this point.

RTNY was a MUCH better improvement over the mirage version.
focused on pure story with fun mixed in, and cut out alot of stuff not needed.

and who wasn't shocked when leo was allowed to cut of shredders head? someone actually got fired over allowing that.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kevin eastman, pd films