The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 07-02-2023, 10:49 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
FF7 remake was pretty similar.
Pretty much, but that was at least a bit more interactive. This is just a damn movie.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:20 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Getting close to beating this sucker, finally. So it's pretty funny. 90% of the game is like this pseudo Game of Thrones-like deal, where the kingdoms and heavy hitter bad guys are kind of getting whittled down until it's just a couple, and then not even them... and then out of nowhere the endgame becomes exactly like FF X and FF XIII! It's "oh no, it turns out our religion is a lie, our God is evil and we must kill him!" Just rinse and recycle again. I haven't beaten it yet but I hear it ends in a big suicide melodrama like FF XV did, too? What is it with Japanese this past decade with suicide and killing God?
Old 03-04-2024, 07:00 PM   #23
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Getting close to beating this sucker, finally. So it's pretty funny. 90% of the game is like this pseudo Game of Thrones-like deal, where the kingdoms and heavy hitter bad guys are kind of getting whittled down until it's just a couple, and then not even them... and then out of nowhere the endgame becomes exactly like FF X and FF XIII! It's "oh no, it turns out our religion is a lie, our God is evil and we must kill him!" Just rinse and recycle again. I haven't beaten it yet but I hear it ends in a big suicide melodrama like FF XV did, too? What is it with Japanese this past decade with suicide and killing God?
Killing G/god(s) is a JRPG staple.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:26 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
Killing G/god(s) is a JRPG staple.
Gods sure, but THE God in these cases.
Old 03-18-2024, 11:43 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Beat it and the DLC. I have to admit, my tone has changed on the game overall. Yes the quests are extremely stupid (all just fetch quests, or talk to this guy over here and then this guy where over there, maybe fight this monster over here too), it is wayyy too simplistic (bascially you're a party of 1 with occasionally some NPCs and a dog that is useless unless you constantly mash commands at it), it offers only the ILLUSION of exploration, but the story did win me over in the end. And the character growth. Everything was earned here.

Ending was solid. There was a death... but it wasn't the nonsense that FF XV's end was.

Also, I wasn't screwing around unnecessarily and my gaming time was like 60 hours somehow.