The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-28-2021, 09:29 AM   #8901
Leo656
The Franchise

So a couple of weeks ago, I bought a bunch of downloadable games and DLC for various Xbox games I had, and then I abruptly got an "Error" message saying that my account had been blocked from purchasing any more content. I'm assuming that this was because I'd spent about $50-60 bucks on a series of small transactions within a single hour, and thus Microsoft is trying to "protect" me from either spending like a drunken sailor or making sure my account wasn't hacked. Very annoying, but whatever.

But apparently, I can't fix the problem. I figured I'd just call Customer Support and speak to someone to get it resolved, but of COURSE since it's 2021 and things have "progressed" so much there's no way to speak to an actual human being. I go online and click through the Support tabs, where they advertise that they can "arrange a Call or Online Chat", input my issue... SURPRISE, there IS no Call or Chat for this specific problem. I tell them I'm getting a payment error message - Error 80153021 for anyone interested - and of COURSE that Error number isn't one of the selectable options. When I look up that error message, it says it means I have an "Outstanding Balance" on my Microsoft Account, but that's not possible. I don't have anything recurring with them, all I've ever done is make occasional DLC purchases on a prepaid debit card. It says I can try using an alternate payment method, but I don't have one.

This is a situation in which I MUST speak to an actual person in order to resolve the issue, but OF COURSE that simply isn't possible because everything now operates on the oh-so-wonderful online automated system, where you have to select your issue from a series of boxes and if it can't be resolved then Oh F*cking Well.

Guess I'm stuck having to buy those stupid Microsoft Points cards for any future DLC purchases. At least they still make them. But still, this is infuriating, and the fact that their Support Network is useless is simply unacceptable.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 04:50 PM   #8902
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Don't ya love it. Trying to get customer service for Boost Mobile and had to resort to posting on their community forum last night after not being able to simply find a direct contact.

Luckily it looks like someone who I assume is staff did reply, but not keeping my fingers crossed because it looks like others had the same issue and was a pain and no sure if they ever got it resolved. It might be some cruddy thing they're doing to the low cost prepaid plan people they inherited from Virgin Mobile...

Aka why the hell am I getting all these incoming text charges more than once a day, as seen on the payment history on their site, when they DON'T show up on my phone and it's just eating away at my prepaid balance... Not right.

My other grind is (still) my Walmart. I don't know what the hell happened with that place but their backroom has been a wreck for a few weeks and they aren't bothering to put the vendor/rep shipments where they normally go. It's cleared out enough now that I can at least get to my normal designated spot this week and last, but they aren't bothering to put my stuff there. Even a woman working back there yesterday said people were just throwing stuff anywhere.

Yesterday I was able to finally fine my oldest missing box from three weeks ago, in some other nearby aisle and under some other random boxes, plus a small one, but one that had come just the day before? Nope. You'd think it would be on the surface somewhere and visible. They COULD have just stuck it up on my self! But of course there is Redbull and other crap there now. Wtf.

At least I ran into my fellow vendor for our competitor and could discuss that mess with her since she shares my annoyance, if not more-so because she has far more work to do there than I do, and has already had her own supervisor in once to talk to people at Walmart about this. Mine intends on also stopping in there soon.

Just so frustrating and ridiculous as it cuts into our limited time we are given to get our own jobs done if we're having to waste our time even trying to find our stuff to begin with.

I don't want to assume, but I'd been told they'd gotten some new manager in and going by the timing it really does seem to have gone to hell since that one showed up.

Haven't met that new woman myself yet, though she's given my competitor a hard time about using the shopping carts. Typical manager type getting nitpicky over the stupidest stuff possible instead of focusing on what's important. She wants us to use their regular big stockroom cart things instead, that I really never see available because their own staff need them of course, and my own shipments are usually only one or two boxes, not enough to use their stockroom carts, but they're often heavy enough that I at least need something put put it in.

I still use a regular shopping cart as of now and I swear, if I run into her and she says something... she can screw off with that considering how they are right now negatively impacting our ability to do OUR jobs.

One of these days I may do their post-purchase survey and make a comment saying for managers to please remember that vendors are also customers, often buying things on the way out. Because they were as hell seem to forget and fail to treat their vendors with any respect.

That was long... But that and other work frustrations definitely made yesterday one of those days you just want to say screw it and burn down the world.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:18 PM   #8903
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Trying to get across the issue I'm having to Boost Mobile's people, so being a phone company you KNOW that is going to be pure crap.

I've got all these repeated charges for text messages that don't make any sense, and often two or three times a day. Yet NONE of these have shown up on my phone.

Just had one of their people tell me "The Text M20 are text messages sent from your phone to out of network which you are charge 0.15."

Pardon? So he ignored that in the info that I showed them they are listed as INCOMING texts. And the big problem is I don't send texts on this phone. It's a little flip phone that is very limited on the length of text messages it can get so there is little point in using that feature. (Not to mention it's a pain in the ass to type it out with the keypad.)

And the only ones I'd ever get, besides reminders from now former Virgin Mobile to top up (don't get those anymore), are spam, but the text section of my phone is empty. So even if I'm being spammed it isn't coming through... which means I can't see the damn number and can't try to block it and they are just draining my balance and I have no power to make it stop. Cute.

First texts I've even sent on this thing in MONTHS was to and from my email address just to test it that it CAN receive it and it isn't somehow broken somewhere... it got those just fine (at no cost), so WTF are these other charges about.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-29-2021 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:52 PM   #8904
Leo656
The Franchise

So to follow up on my issue, I was finally able to get someone on the phone today by going through the main Microsoft website rather than the Xbox Live Support website; the latter was what I was directed to go through, but as mentioned previously that got me nowhere. So by doing it the other way I finally got someone on the phone.

So the first person, I was on the phone with for about a half hour, but she had to transfer me to someone else. That time, the call ended up taking almost TWO HOURS, but we more or less seem to have resolved the issue. Hopefully.

Long story short, there's some kind of error on their end that a few other people are having but they have not been able to completely figure out yet, and lucky me, I'm the first one to have This Specific Version of the problem.

The game I tried to buy a few weeks ago, they were finally able to get me to download, but I had to jump through a few hoops to get there. Absolutely nothing they tried would let me download it to my Xbox 360, so they had me download it to my Xbox One after giving me a credit (since I'd technically already bought it a few weeks go; their information confirmed that the transaction went through but they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't actually put the game through, nor why my account was blocked from making purchases). Even then, I had to purchase the game on my laptop through the Microsoft website and direct them to apply it to my Xbox One; THAT finally worked, and once it was purchased I was able to download it to my Xbox 360 as well, so now I have it on both.

They couldn't explain exactly what the problem was, nor could they assure me that it won't continue to be a problem in the future. But they said that if it does happen, I should be able to do the same thing to resolve it, simply get the DLC using my laptop and all that. They also said that they *think* it's mostly a 360 problem, but that if I run into it using the Xbox One then the same work-around should resolve it.

I haven't tried to make any purchases since then, so I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully no more issues.

Old 05-02-2021, 01:15 PM   #8905
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Have a tiny oak I intend on trying to make a bonsai and bought a legit bonsai pot for it some weeks ago. Think it's been having a rough time in the sun since it was recently put out, and yesterday noticed it seemed weirdly...loose. Decided today to go ahead and repot it and come to find the looseness is because it was somehow completely broken off from its roots.

Not a clue how that happened and the break doesn't look fresh. Maybe when I found it knocked over a bit ago (possibly the work of a squirrel?) but I wouldn't have thought it would have actually broken it. Though maybe the wind from Friday but hat seems too recent for a break that doesn't look new enough. I really don't want to think that someone may have done it on purpose, but it's rather hard to fathom how this even happened.

Poor little thing has been looking a little droopy (no wonder...), but still green (a little possible sun scald aside). Does have one thin little root I suspect it may have put out after the fact, since it's above the break unlike the rest, and the tree is still tiny and around/less than a year old, so maybe there is still some hope.

Just makes me quite sad that this somehow even happened.

Back inside and kept the roots in the old pot as well on the off chance that side decides to regrow should the rest give up... We shall see, I guess.

5/2 -- On the phone issue it seems there are others, also former Virgin Mobile customers, with the same complaints. I see them being replied to, but of course their staff never gave me answers and have stopped replying to me. Yeah, that's cute. Haven't gotten any new charges of that sort for a few days, so maybe they corrected something, but wish they'd actually tell me if they had.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-02-2021 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:38 PM   #8906
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Today's grind is a story about how I kind of hate the entitled form of pedestrians who don't think their own safety and well being is any bit their responsibly, only yours.

Could have hit this stupid girl today. Went to turn into a grocery store parking lot, in an entrance lane that from the road angle the view is initially partly obscured by a bush at the start of the turn... so unexpectedly here was this stupid woman just walking right down the middle of entrance lane, in a very bad and dangerous spot for anyone to be on foot. It is not only an entrance into the parking lot but it is also a cut through to an adjacent road so cars go through there frequently.

You would think any normal person would have reacted. You'd think most would move over to protect their own life after realizing they are in a bad spot. This one? Nah. Didn't move, didn't react, didn't even look at my car. She just kept looking right past me, still walking right toward me in the middle. What is wrong with her exactly.

If she had at least LOOKED AT MY CAR and reacted like she realized this was a bad spot then fine, it's forgivable. But entitled people who act as if their well being is 100% YOUR responsibility, not theirs, kind of piss me off. Dangerous for her and quite rude to drivers who shouldn't have to risk another car hitting them because they have to suddenly stop because you are where you should not even be. I also don't want to have to peel them off the front of my car, thanks, or upset my own plans by trying to tend to them and call for help.

Here is a nice Google street image of a senior lady conveniently walking in the same damn spot as this girl today.

A senior with a walker I can sort of understand, albeit still problematic and dangerous... but notice there is a frigging SIDEWALK that even she isn't even attempting to use, or at least stay close to if the bush is blocking a portion of it. Nope, middle of the road it is.

But this able bodied dumbass today really has no excuse, unlike a senior who needs a flat surface for that walker. For you see... there is a rather small grassy embankment right between the parking lot and the road that people cross all the time because there is a commonly used bus stop right across from it on the other side of the road... or rather in between in the median.

This girl is lucky I did not run her over. Though if she ever gets herself hit doing this crap one day, well she worked hard to earn it. Clearly this one is looking for a Darwin award.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-07-2021 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:02 PM   #8907
Leo656
The Franchise

"New Jersey Speed Bumps", we call 'em.

Seriously, ones like that are where we either pull over, or at least just slowly pull up next to them and be like, "The F*CK exactly do you think you're doing?" Shakes 'em up a bit but they gotta learn sometime, and if it ain't That Way it'll be The Hard Way.

Old 05-07-2021, 07:19 PM   #8908
IMJ
Foot Elite

For all you know that was a veiled suicide attempt.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:48 AM   #8909
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I had a guy friend ask me if it is homophobic to get offended if you get angry at someone for assuming you are gay? He said that because he is a male nurse this happens to him a lot. He got angry when someone he recently became friends with asked him if he could hook him up with his cousin and he was open to the idea until he was told his cousin was another dude. He said he got really annoyed and it became a fight where he got called homophobic for getting mad. But he said he is getting a little tired of people assuming he is gay because he is a male nurse. Personally I make it a point not to assume anyone's sexual orientation, especially not to make assumptions do to their occupation. I don't think anyone should do that. So I guess I want ask this question here too. Was he out of line to get pissed at this?

Varian's Dad: Very well you may travel with me

Varian: Really? Yes! YES! ROAD TRIP! Varian and Dad going to see the Ki~ii~ing! Heh, Heh. I will pack ham sandwiches!

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:21 AM   #8910
Leo656
The Franchise

Nah, I think he was pretty justified. It's not fair to make assumptions of a person based on career, although I will confess that certain vocations, like "nurse" or "nanny", unavoidably carry with them the stigma of being staffed by either women or gay dudes.

But yeah, stigma or not, and regardless of how prevalent (or even occasionally accurate) that stigma may be, it's still unfair to jump to assumptions of a person's sexual orientation over it.

Assumptions in general are kinda sh*tty. Like I once had a girl I was talking on the phone with ask me if I was fat after I mentioned that I play video games a lot. Like alright, sometimes that's true, but not in my case and not in a lot of other peoples' case, either.

As for what qualifies as "homophobic", that much is kind of a gray area that seems to vary by individual. A girl I was friends with tried to play a "thought game" with me one time, and asked me what I'd do if a gay guy grabbed my junk. I was a lot younger and saltier, then, so my default response was "I'd punch 'em out," and she was like "See? You're homophobic!" And I was like "Not really," and declared my opinion that if a guy grabbed a woman's breast unsolicited then she wouldn't be out of line in reacting the exact same way, that it wasn't the orientation of the "grabber" that was the issue but rather the unsolicited and overly-forward attempt at contact. She accused me of trying to skirt the issue and insisted that I was, indeed, homophobic, but I still kinda think she was just full of sh*t. Pretty sure I'm not.

But what is and isn't "homophobic" these days seems to mostly be an oft-changing and ultimately personal definition that varies by the individual.

Last edited by Leo656; Yesterday at 03:26 AM.
Old Today, 10:41 AM   #8911
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I've never been too fond of people wanting to play matchmaker to begin with, as if they assume they actually somehow know what really does it for you about a potential partner... but to also assume someone's orientation without proof? And based on their employment? Wow. No, I agree, that's quite insulting in general. I think jumping to those conclusions just leaps right over the "homophobic or not" part and doesn't even matter. Intrusive assumptions were made and it's rude to do that, that's all that matters, imo.

Not to mention the rudeness of making knee jerk reactions (i.e. yelling "phobic!") when someone doesn't agree with what you want to do... That idiot overstepped personal boundaries with someone they hardly know, so they were sort of asking for that argument.

I hope that other person who assumed things about male nurses learned something.

Grind... people who leave things to nearly last minute that should have been scheduled far enough in advance. I hate anything being last minute.

Since it's the week after a major card related holiday, one of the biggest selling holidays in fact, that means a heck of a lot of work changing everything over to the next upcoming season. (Hence my silence here.) Yesterday should have been easier since all my big ones were done Monday through Thursday and Friday was just going to be my "normal" post office and Walmart visits. Worn out from the rest of the week and was looking forward to an easier day...

But nah. After 8:30pm Thursday night, while still at one of my stores (though cleaning up and close to leaving) my supervisor messages me and asks me if I could cover another store. Which would have to be the next day.

And why? Because it was her son's college graduation...

She's still new to me, having taken over this zone early this year and only met her once so far... and she's nice... but wtf, a graduation? Woman you knew that was coming up. We should have scheduled this a week and a half ago.

I do feel for her as she's covering two areas right now and we're short on people, so she's got to cover most of those vacancies herself, on top of personal family things after a recent fire in their garage that injured her husband, but still... I could have been asked to cover an extra sooner than 8:30 the night before. She's lucky I was still at it or I might not even have gotten her message until the next morning.

Last edited by IndigoErth; Today at 10:47 AM.
Old Today, 11:59 AM   #8912
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Nah, I think he was pretty justified. It's not fair to make assumptions of a person based on career, although I will confess that certain vocations, like "nurse" or "nanny", unavoidably carry with them the stigma of being staffed by either women or gay dudes.

But yeah, stigma or not, and regardless of how prevalent (or even occasionally accurate) that stigma may be, it's still unfair to jump to assumptions of a person's sexual orientation over it.

Assumptions in general are kinda sh*tty. Like I once had a girl I was talking on the phone with ask me if I was fat after I mentioned that I play video games a lot. Like alright, sometimes that's true, but not in my case and not in a lot of other peoples' case, either.

As for what qualifies as "homophobic", that much is kind of a gray area that seems to vary by individual. A girl I was friends with tried to play a "thought game" with me one time, and asked me what I'd do if a gay guy grabbed my junk. I was a lot younger and saltier, then, so my default response was "I'd punch 'em out," and she was like "See? You're homophobic!" And I was like "Not really," and declared my opinion that if a guy grabbed a woman's breast unsolicited then she wouldn't be out of line in reacting the exact same way, that it wasn't the orientation of the "grabber" that was the issue but rather the unsolicited and overly-forward attempt at contact. She accused me of trying to skirt the issue and insisted that I was, indeed, homophobic, but I still kinda think she was just full of sh*t. Pretty sure I'm not.

But what is and isn't "homophobic" these days seems to mostly be an oft-changing and ultimately personal definition that varies by the individual.
Kinda wish you got a girl to roughly grab her ass, like give that cheek a firm squeeze, and when she instinctively shoves her off like 'HEY WTF?!' You can casually be there and say "hey, let's not get all homophobic now'. Then give her that Kevin Nash 'see what I mean' eyebrow.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 PM   #8913
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Kinda wish you got a girl to roughly grab her ass, like give that cheek a firm squeeze, and when she instinctively shoves her off like 'HEY WTF?!' You can casually be there and say "hey, let's not get all homophobic now'. Then give her that Kevin Nash 'see what I mean' eyebrow.
if someone is crazy enough to think everything is homophobic, then even an 'example' of why it's not, pointed out and spelled out wouldn't help.

personally, I don't think 'trans' is a thing...and more of a mental issue or a genetic one that can be corrected with meds...rather than simply 'a feeling'. that would make me extremely homophobic and un educated to some. and then they'd demand i'd use pronouns to prove otherwise.. rather than simply my opinion on a complicated matter.

so yeah, I agree. what is or isn't basically is in the eye of the beholder these days.

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 PM   #8914
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Assumption based on stereotypes are never a good thing. You are a nurse? You are gay. You wear glasses? You are a nerd. You still care about ninja turtles at 35? You are a man-child who spends lots of money on toys. People who base their opinions only on stereotypes are gonna be very disappointed at some point in their life. It's good to have your own opinions but not all opinions are worth listening.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:44 PM   #8915
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

To throw one out there based on job assumptions...

At the new hire orientation for my previous employer it was just a handful of women there. Mostly a couple for my position on the floor and some new cashiers, the usual sort of store jobs and those that would be assumed that women would be doing.

However, there was one young woman, and the only black new hire there, who was being hired as a new mechanic in the auto center. Needless to say I think most of us were surprised, but nothing seemed "masculine" about her or anything, she just seemed like a regular lady...who happened to know about cars. Only assumption I ever made was that this is a girl breaking the mold a bit, so go her.

The world needs female mechanics who might relate more to female customers just as much as male nurses are beneficial for their own strengths (including in the literal sense of heavy patients).

Discouraging people from the work by assuming and pushing a message that people like them don't or shouldn't be doing it will only hurt the world in the long run...