The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What score would you give TMNT:OOTS out of 10?
10 (EXCELLENT) 3 6.82%
9 (Amazing) 3 6.82%
8 (Great) 12 27.27%
7 (Good) 7 15.91%
6 (Average) 7 15.91%
5 (Mediocre) 8 18.18%
4 (Bad) 2 4.55%
3 (Really Bad) 0 0%
2 (Terrible) 2 4.55%
1 (ABYSMAL) 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #61
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

BlackNerd and IGN are pretty much the only reliable sources when it comes to TMNT Reviews... I would say ComicVine as well but their Out of the Shadows review never mentioned just how unpolished the game is. They focused on those pointless complaints people are giving the game on this thread when they could've atleast point out what the game could really improve on, such as the presentation!

The realistic models could work great if they're basing this on their own version in this video game franchise but the fact that its based on the Nickelodeon cartoon just shortens their demographics. It still looks cool but disjointed.

Btw BlackNerd already mentioned he loved the game because he can't put it down. It's that fun!

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #62
Powder
So tired of this place

So you're like 13, right?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #63
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
BlackNerd and IGN are pretty much the only reliable sources when it comes to TMNT Reviews...
IGN is well-known to have dogs**t for reviewers.

Nobody's challenging your liking the game though, bud. If you like it, that's good. Doesn't change anything for anyone. But your insistence that everyone else needs to feel the same way and at the same time ignore the flaws they've found is completely ludicrous.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #64
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
So you're like 13, right?
Would explain some things, seems to be all over the place.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #65
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Boy. I can only imagine the meltdown if this BlackNerd person rips the game apart.
why must you try to use frying pan grease to kill a fire?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #66
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
why must you try to use frying pan grease to kill a fire?
I really didn't. No idea why you're singling me out. It still would've been hilarious.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:25 PM   #67
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I really didn't. No idea why you're singling me out. It still would've been hilarious.
Your post was just the one I saw at the moment...it could of been anyone really

just timing
Old 08-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #68
Peanut
Second Gear

I like how dude mentioned not only IGN (lol) and a terrible YouTube celebrity, but also f*cking Comic Vine, a site that knows absolutely nothing about video games, despite working in a office with Giant Bomb for years.

Also, just gonna put another review from a big site right here. Continue to call us all liars. When you get reviews like that, there's something wrong.

Last edited by Peanut; 08-31-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #69
Shadowsculptor
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I like how dude mentioned not only IGN (lol) and a terrible YouTube celebrity, but also f*cking Comic Vine, a site that knows absolutely nothing about video games, despite working in a office with Giant Bomb for years.

Also, just gonna put another review from a big site right here. Continue to call us all liars. When you get reviews like that, there's something wrong.
I think the fan reviews are more important than bigger publications. Especially on certain licensed games. Sites like GI and GT, keep talking about "nostalgia" and "out of the sewers" they are not very big turtles fans because TMNT is very relevant today. This game isn't just a "blast from the past" You will just have to play it yourself and decide. (like how everything should be done, form your own opinion)

From what Ive read there has been generally a positive fan response. Everyone I've played with and talked to on Xbox Live seems to like it. Im ranked very high on the worldwide leaderboards, so friend requests and challenges have been pouring in, I've gotten a lot of feedback to back up the claim.

People from other message boards seem to borderline LOVE it, and I know some people here like-love it aswell. I guess it could really depend on what kind of gamer you are and your view on games like this. Im an avid gamer, Ive played everything. Im usually very lenient with my games because I understand the work that goes into them and can look at it form different perspectives, learn and adapt to the developers controls and vision. If its crap its crap, or if its a cash in, its pretty apparent. What is apparent to me is that OOTS was indeed a labor of love for the developers. I can respect that.

What this TMNT game has is ambition, it may not be perfect, but its a step in the right direction. I know some of you may argue about the 15 dollar price point, and that it shouldn't matter, etc. but it has to come into thought with a title like this. The developers clearly thought a little too big on this one. This game suffered from restricted time and budgeting I'm positive. Its got some major issues but some positive spin needs to be put into it. I would back a kickstarter for a properly budgeted TMNT game in this style. More levels, more unlockables like a playable Shredder, Polish, a much better camera, better online modes (arcade mode is a missed opportunity!) ditch those crap cutscenes... and were going in the perfect direction.

Heres to hoping the new retail release TMNT game in October will be a fun one, more of what the casual TMNT fan/casual gamers expect. A pick up and play, fun, rated E, TMNT game so theres a little for everyone, but the best of both worlds to satisfy all the fans because a game like OOTS is what Ive been waiting for.
Shadowsculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:59 AM   #70
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsculptor View Post
I think the fan reviews are more important than bigger publications. Especially on certain licensed games. Sites like GI and GT, keep talking about "nostalgia" and "out of the sewers" they are not very big turtles fans because TMNT is very relevant today. This game isn't just a "blast from the past" You will just have to play it yourself and decide. (like how everything should be done, form your own opinion)

From what Ive read there has been generally a positive fan response. Everyone I've played with and talked to on Xbox Live seems to like it. Im ranked very high on the worldwide leaderboards, so friend requests and challenges have been pouring in, I've gotten a lot of feedback to back up the claim.

People from other message boards seem to borderline LOVE it, and I know some people here like-love it aswell. I guess it could really depend on what kind of gamer you are and your view on games like this. Im an avid gamer, Ive played everything. Im usually very lenient with my games because I understand the work that goes into them and can look at it form different perspectives, learn and adapt to the developers controls and vision. If its crap its crap, or if its a cash in, its pretty apparent. What is apparent to me is that OOTS was indeed a labor of love for the developers. I can respect that.

What this TMNT game has is ambition, it may not be perfect, but its a step in the right direction. I know some of you may argue about the 15 dollar price point, and that it shouldn't matter, etc. but it has to come into thought with a title like this. The developers clearly thought a little too big on this one. This game suffered from restricted time and budgeting I'm positive. Its got some major issues but some positive spin needs to be put into it. I would back a kickstarter for a properly budgeted TMNT game in this style. More levels, more unlockables like a playable Shredder, Polish, a much better camera, better online modes (arcade mode is a missed opportunity!) ditch those crap cutscenes... and were going in the perfect direction.

Heres to hoping the new retail release TMNT game in October will be a fun one, more of what the casual TMNT fan/casual gamers expect. A pick up and play, fun, rated E, TMNT game so theres a little for everyone, but the best of both worlds to satisfy all the fans because a game like OOTS is what Ive been waiting for.
This. Perfectly put! Casual Gamers on Xbox Live love the game and it's got a 4 star rating which is refreshing since all these other sites are destroying the game.

Even to all you people that hate it, would you honestly say it deserves a 2/10 for an Arcade game? Or are Gametrailers, Gameinformer and Gameblog just terrible reviewing sites?

I'm leaning more towards the latter...

Fav Comic - IDW Series
Old 09-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #71
Powder
So tired of this place

Again I ask, you're around 13 years of age, right?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #72
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Most of the places I've seen on-line are giving 2.5/5 stars...not good.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 09-01-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #73
Tazi
Mad Scientist

All those big gaming sites, other times give good reviews to bad games, because they don't wanna risk of getting pre-release review copies from big publishers.
They're anything but credible source.

This comment is brought to you by Mountain Dew.

And Doritos.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #74
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

The misspelled Peter Laird's name....

Just saying'.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #75
Yorae
Hench Mutant

I gave it a five. I liked the presentation and designs. The environments are really pretty and the turtles blend in nicely. I also love the dialog and voice acting and all the easter eggs. The Lair looked cool too.

The gameplay, however, is bothersome because of the clunky controls. The sluggish attacks plus a non cooperative camera killed the experience for me.

I could tell the team worked very hard on the game, but at the end it seemed like they rushed it to meet a deadline. I think they should have held onto the game for a couple of months more to iron out all the kinks.

That being said, am I the only one who got a rush of adrenaline at that title screen? Starting the game with a screen like that is surely a plus in many a fan's book
Yorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #76
Ninjinister
無問題

Jesus TF Christ this entire topic's gonna end up in the disintegration unit.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #77
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
This. Perfectly put!
You do realize his post was pretty much exactly what I said, except I said it in fewer worlds with less hyperbole, right? You know the post I made that caused you to attack me? Are you just picking and choosing what you want to read, or are you really that dense?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #78
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

So...someone who doesn't know that much about games can't play one and formulate their own opinions or be entitled to them? ...

You call me out for saying everyone's opinions should be similar to mine when you continuously put bad reviews to prove what exactly? That I called you liars and there's something objectively wrong?

Come back to me when you can quote me calling everyone liars here and when you actually find the difference between objectively and subjectively!

Because objectively, there is NOTHING wrong here. There is nothing wrong with a group of people putting love and care into a game they created.

Fav Comic - IDW Series
Old 09-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #79
Peanut
Second Gear

Wow! I'm just...wow. Definitely done in here.

Enjoy the game, everybody! I'm out this joint.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #80
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Good riddance.

Fav Comic - IDW Series

Tags