The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-09-2020, 09:40 AM   #21
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Side View Post
Are those iTunes and pluto episodes have bumpers?
Do they have side-by side credits / outro ?
By "bumpers" are you talking about the "1,2,3,4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!" at the commercial breaks? I purchased the three seasons through amazon, not Itunes. But I'm pretty sure that it's got both those and the side-by-side credits.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:56 PM   #22
The Good Side
Mouser

So they used the non-watermarked version then !
Interesting . It would be appreciated it if someone confirmed it's the same case for iTunes and Pluto episodes .
The Good Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:26 PM   #23
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

iTunes seem to use the side by side credits (only checked one episode)
Old 10-09-2020, 10:22 PM   #24
The Good Side
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
With bumpers? If so , how many bumpers each episode has for season 3 onward? 3 or 6?

Edit: I think iTunes only has the first 3 seasons .

Last edited by The Good Side; 10-09-2020 at 11:05 PM.
The Good Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:32 AM   #25
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Well they may be incompetent but they're not full-blown super-villains. Willfully not releasing "The TMNT cartoon everyone remembers" would definitely push them into super-villain territory.

4Kids, conversely, is "The Forgotten Show" or "The Boring Show" since it had no overt comedy and no Bebop and Rocksteady. Even before Nick bought it and buried it, it sadly never had much of a range outside of hardcore fans, and a lot of people still don't know it ever existed. They MIGHT know, if Nick had any interest in pushing it, but they don't.

So while I disagree with their notion that there simply isn't any money to be made from pushing the 4Kids show, I can kind of see where they're coming from. I think it's wrong-headed and shortsighted, but in this case they can make a very minor case for not bothering.

I just think it's stupid of them to leave money on the table. Any money is better than No Money. but as I've said elsewhere, Nick/Viacom is stuck in "Big Money or No Money" mode when it comes to TMNT.

its just so odd, the 2003 is by far the best series that have produced IMO.
Old 10-10-2020, 11:03 PM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

I agree. But I feel like that's part of the "problem". The first Nick cartoon was mostly-positively received but some people have huge problems with it. "Rise" wasn't very well-received.

For all its issues, the 2003 cartoon is the closest cartoon show to what TMNT "ought to be" in many fans' eyes, especially if those fans are of a certain age. Sure, liberties were taken. But it's not like they made April and Casey kids for no reason or gave every character a radically different personality/backstory "just because". It has problems, but it hits the right balance between being "TMNT as we know them" from everything we learned as kids across various media, but being aimed at an older/more mature audience - which is what those 80s kids turned into.

For Nick to "put over" the 4Kids series might invite negative critiques of their own shows by way of comparison, and I'm quite sure they don't want to bother with that. Their entire gimmick for ten years with TMNT has been "reinvention". For something that skews more "traditional" to do well wouldn't fit their insistence that "The Old Stuff Wouldn't Work Now."

That's part of it, at the least.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:00 AM   #27
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Are those iTunes and pluto episodes have bumpers?
Do they have side-by side credits / outro ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
By "bumpers" are you talking about the "1,2,3,4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!" at the commercial breaks? I purchased the three seasons through amazon, not Itunes. But I'm pretty sure that it's got both those and the side-by-side credits.
I have the first season on iTunes.

And yeah they have that “1,2,3,4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!” between breaks. The pic is a lot better than what’s on YouTube and bootleg torr**ts; very vivid colors, deep black inks and sharper images - the best I’ve ever seen though it’s not in HD.

Here’s some pics for quality comparison.

Youtube: The worst version. Compression galore.
Spoiler:

Torr**t: Mid tier.
Spoiler:

iTunes: The best version so far. I printscreen the full original pic but imgur won’t let me upload it for some silly reason (too big or something) smh so here’s a mini version to give you an idea what it looks like.

You can get the full experience by watching the vid snippets here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-seaso...-1/id955585446

Quote:
So they used the non-watermarked version then !
Interesting . It would be appreciated it if someone confirmed it's the same case for iTunes and Pluto episodes .
You mean the TMNT title/logo? It’s still there big and in your face unless this is about something else?

Quote:
Yep I’m on Episode 3. The screen split: on the left is the intro and the right is the credits.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:36 AM   #28
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
You mean the TMNT title/logo? It’s still there big and in your face unless this is about something else?

Yep I’m on Episode 3. The screen split: on the left is the intro and the right is the credits.
I think they mean the TV-Y7 logos that are on most of the DVDs
Old 10-12-2020, 02:54 PM   #29
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Oh there used to be a tv logo? Well it’s not there.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:25 AM   #30
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I think they mean the TV-Y7 logos that are on most of the DVDs
Ugh, that was so annoying and pointless a thing to carry over to the DVDs.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:18 PM   #31
nylemon

sure, Nick don't want ruin their own products but the first 3 or 4 seasons are pretty good. Season 6,7 are the less qualified, so you don't know what's in their head. Maybe it's just a small market as well, something may will happen when Nick's done with any series of their own.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:22 PM   #32
nylemon

Are these Itunes and Amazon or Hulu or something like that are annually subscription payed?I'd better pay only tmnt and own them forever. I don't watch other shows.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:17 AM   #33
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Don’t know about Hulu, but iTunes is a one-time purchase for each series of TMNT
Old 10-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #34
nylemon

In fact there's whole 154 episodes on Tencent Video and Iqiyi Video and maybe other platforms which only can be watched if your ip address location is detected in China(I assume), they are free but you must watch long commercials unless you are periodic vip user of the platform. Voice cast is English. With hard embedded Chinese subtitles and big Tencent/Iqiyi Logo on the right-top corner. There was copy right issues on videos ten years ago in China but nowadays they are all copy righted for sure.

2k3 first 2 seasons are actually imported and the Chinese voice casting is pretty cool.
And 1987 has 4 casting versions in China can you believe that (Local channels imported and casting on their own)! I bought VCD but I can not tell which version is that.
2012 only has Taiwan version and the voice are girly. The most famous one about Taiwan voice casting is Microsoft Halo Marine soldiers speak like youth idol TV character

Last edited by nylemon; 10-21-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #35
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
If you're interested in owning good quality episodes on physical media, you might search around the online shop of Monsterland Media (*wink*wink*).
I mentioned this on a "wish list" for Christmas and actually got it. Thanks for the shout. I haven't had time to pop in any of the blu-rays, but I hope to soon. I'm looking forward to it. My iTunes library feels incomplete without the later seasons of the show.