Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2021, 07:57 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Well this is just your own opinion and I'm sticking with mine. Let's leave it at that.
That's not what's gonna happen, though.

Instead you're going to continue to constantly and repeatedly respond to people's in-depth and well-thought-out rationale about what they don't like about the run by constantly saying, "Well, *I* like it, therefore it's good."

If you EVER brought anything to new to a conversation besides, "Well, *I* like it, therefore it's good," that'd be a different story. But you don't add anything to the debate or say anything of substance in support of your position. It's just "Well *I* like it, therefore it's good." Over and over again. Literally every time anyone spells out exactly what their grievances are, and what they'd rather see instead, there you are with your non-rebuttal. It's annoying. Everybody KNOWS that you like it, but if you can't even be bothered to actually provide a substantive reasoning as to WHY then there's no need to CONSTANTLY try and tell people they're "wrong" for not liking it. THEY can at least support their opinion on the subject with something heavier than, "Well, it's my opinion."

There's no need to constantly repeat yourself every time anyone has a dissenting opinion on the subject, since you're not capable of supporting your position. You are perfectly entitled to have that opinion, but there's no need to constantly and repeatedly try and "clap back" at people who disagree. Other people who share your opinion are far more capable of actually articulating as to WHY than you are.

"Well this is just your own opinion and I'm sticking with mine. Let's leave it at that." What you're REALLY saying is, "I don't want you to talk because I disagree with you." You are NOT going to "leave it at that" and every single person here KNOWS that. The very next time anyone says what they don't like about the book, you'll be there again, with "Well *I* like it, therefore it's good." You are INCAPABLE of "leaving it at that." What you REALLY want is for people who disagree with you to shut up and go away.

And that's not gonna happen. So spare us all the phony "Let's agree to disagree" spiel. You absolutely do not know how to do that.

If all you can do is constantly repeat the refrain of "Well *I* like it, therefore it's good," perhaps allow other people who can actually articulate their position on the subject (whether Positive or Negative) carry on the conversation. You're not contributing any new information, and it comes off as hyper-defensive and whiny BECAUSE it's just the same thing, over and over and over again with no deviation or supportive statements. It's tiresome. Iit has NOTHING to do with your opinion on the topic - which again, you are allowed to have - and everything to do with the fact that you're not SAYING anything of substance but constantly butt in on other people anyway simply for disagreeing with you.

Once again, for clarity: You DO have every right to your opinion, but it doesn't need to be constantly repeated AND your pleas of "Let's agree to disagree" are disingenuous and fake. And that's why you get on people's nerves. Not because you like the book and they may not. It's because THEY can have an actual conversation, and you apparently can't.

Either get better at supporting your position, OR butt in on other people less often. People are allowed to like the book, but I'd much rather hear from people who can actually say WHY and not just "Well, I like it because I like it" over and over and OVER again. At least add some texture to your "argument" if you're constantly going to chime in, rather than constantly repeat yourself without actually saying anything.

I'm not being a dick, by the way, I'm giving you tips on how you can improve yourself and your presentation. We disagree on much, but that's not my problem with you. My problem with you is that you talk a lot without SAYING anything. So by all means, work on that and get back to us. But if your response to every single person who disagrees with you is, "Well, I disagree"... you don't have to do that. It's redundant and not interesting to read.

MikeandRaph's post, by contrast, is interesting to read NOT because our opinions are similar, but because he's actually presenting his opinions in a textured, detailed and well-spoken fashion. "Opinion --> Supportive Statements --> Declarative Conclusion." That's how it's supposed to be done.

So again, since you are NOT going to "agree to disagree" with people who disagree with you, please at least work on your presentation and get back to us once you have something more than "This is how I feel" to hold up your position. Nobody is saying "Don't post." But get better at it. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Though that's true of any comic book anywhere, ever.
But... even "Heroes Reborn"? Or the work of Chuck Austen? LIES. You are a LIAR, sir.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote