The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-07-2021, 11:54 AM   #241
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I think they meant current Lara Croft, not Classic Lara Croft
I have a suspicion that a lot of people ignore modern Lara.

Whenever I see someone talking about Lara in Internet they usually talk about OG Lara, not "brutal crying murder Lara".

In general, it is understandable: modern Lara is bland and boring, she barely has any unique character or coolness. But at least she has smaller boobs so kids won't turn perverts and male feminists would not be triggered.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:13 AM   #242
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well, they're building sets and there's pics up... so it really seems like it's happening this time.

https://screenrant.com/indiana-jones...tos-locations/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:23 AM   #243
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, they're building sets and there's pics up... so it really seems like it's happening this time.

https://screenrant.com/indiana-jones...tos-locations/
The first thing you see when you walk into my photo studio set up is a wall of Indiana Jones stuff facing the door. I sincerely hope they pull this one off because as much as I want more Indy, it really feels like much too late on this one.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:21 PM   #244
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Started filming.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ire-Moors.html
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 02:26 AM   #245
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

First pic of Ford in costume.

https://screenrant.com/indiana-jones...-ford-costume/
Old 06-23-2021, 12:29 PM   #246
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Ford reportedly injured his shoulder on the set:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...143912333.html

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 04:40 PM   #247
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Every day at the moment, on my way to work, I walk past - actually, through - what is about to be the set. They've turned a substantial part of Glasgow city centre into 1969 New York, creating fake shop fronts (a travel agency with lots of Pan Am posters, a sandwich shop with a prominent period Coca Cola sign, lots of pharmacies) and replaced the normal traffic lights with older (yellow) ones.

Lots of American flags everywhere, and in one shop front a sign welcoming back the astronauts Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins, so perhaps a small clue to the theme of the movie there.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 04:44 PM   #248
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Supposed to be around a shuttle launch or something. With nazi intrigue.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:52 PM   #249
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Supposed to be around a shuttle launch or something. With nazi intrigue.
"Hail, Hydra?"

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:32 PM   #250
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Interesting. Is the macguffin going to be associated with the space race? Could be cool.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:17 PM   #251
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I hope we will only see nazis in flashbacks. Nazis in the 60s? Please, no.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:24 PM   #252
CyberCubed
Overlord

I get the feeling Harrison Ford isn't going to be able to finish this movie, and they'll fill his scenes with CG and stunt doubles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:25 PM   #253
Leo656
The Franchise

I love how they immediately just threw up their hands after the last movie and just said "FINE, he fights Nazis again", even though that makes zero goddamn sense for the time period this movie supposedly takes place in.

Like yeah, he fought Nazis in the only two good movies of the original trilogy but it's not like he's "The Nazi Hunter". He did do OTHER things.

People so fundamentally misunderstood what the fourth movie was trying to do, by creating a plot that leaned on things that were culturally-relevant during that era instead of rehashing what the earlier films did. The earlier films were set in the pre-WWII era, where Nazis and stuff were culturally relevant. In the 1950s, that's where people's obsession/fascination with outer space and extra-terrestrials and other sci-fi concepts took serious hold, so it only made sense to have a plot centered around aliens and whatnot. If you look at some of the most popular and enduring films and stuff from that era, it's mostly aliens/sci-fi type of stuff. It made sense, people just didn't "get it" because it was a bit too different from what they were used to.

So now he's back to fighting Nazis. In the 1960s. As a senior citizen. Because THAT all makes sense.

Ah well.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:29 PM   #254
Sumac
Banned

Watch they will tie it to MLK and "reviewers" gonna gush how this movie "is topical and says a lot about rise of fascism in US".

In reality, I think, they can't top jumping the shark moment with aliens form ID4, so, whatever. As long it is not a complete dogshit, I probably will be interested in watching it. Somehow. Someday.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:39 AM   #255
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I hope we will only see nazis in flashbacks. Nazis in the 60s? Please, no.
I think that's more likely. In fact, I think it'll be at the beginning of the movie, akin to the River Phoenix as Young Indy sequence from The Last Crusade. Ford, digitally youthened (well - middleageified) and body doubled, in action against Nazis during WWII, and then probably a similar dip the fedora/raise the fedora transition to 70 year old Indy, and the main action will have some relevance to his wartime mission.

Maybe an ancient human object is discovered on the moon, and as an archaeologist with a history of keeping state secrets, Jones is brought in to consult...?

Oh, noticed today - One of the shops is Remy's Drugstore. Wasn't that the name of his Belgian friend during WWI? Coincidence?

Last edited by Musashi; 07-13-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:41 AM   #256
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Had disney done some deep scouting for an actor who could mimic and do well harrison ford, they could've done a new young indiana jones as well as eventually han solo movies. they moved with the project too fast and found someone that didn't feel like harrison ford and failed at it.
I wish Mutt was in this.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:55 AM   #257
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
...People so fundamentally misunderstood what the fourth movie was trying to do, by creating a plot that leaned on things that were culturally-relevant during that era instead of rehashing what the earlier films did. The earlier films were set in the pre-WWII era, where Nazis and stuff were culturally relevant. In the 1950s, that's where people's obsession/fascination with outer space and extra-terrestrials and other sci-fi concepts took serious hold, so it only made sense to have a plot centered around aliens and whatnot. If you look at some of the most popular and enduring films and stuff from that era, it's mostly aliens/sci-fi type of stuff. It made sense, people just didn't "get it" because it was a bit too different from what they were used to...
Good point. 1969 is maybe a little early to be all about shadowy government conspiracies, that's more a mid-70s thing, so what would the cultural zeitgeist of the late 60s suggest for Indiana Jones...? Eastern religions? Mind altering drugs? Anti-war protests? Hmmm.
Old 07-13-2021, 12:49 PM   #258
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
so what would the cultural zeitgeist of the late 60s suggest for Indiana Jones...? Eastern religions? Mind altering drugs? Anti-war protests? Hmmm.
All of that plus hippies and rock music. Indy at Woodstock?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 01:49 PM   #259
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
All of that plus hippies and rock music. Indy at Woodstock?
Actually, thinking about it, Indiana Jones is a university professor in 1969... Having been a rebel against the establishment before any of his students were born, and someone who knows for a fact that the world's religions (and extra-dimensional aliens) are actually real, he might have an interesting outlook on 60s youth counter-culture.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:42 AM   #260
Sumac
Banned

I am afraid it will be ignored as always.