RK cometh!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...6/1100-149239/

Talk soon…

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
corvus
Stone Warrior

Seems like a pretty Fred Wolf Rat king to me.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

Seems like a promising start to the chapter. Didn't get a sneak peak of the Rat King though... Wondering if he will just be a one issue character.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
Seems like a pretty Fred Wolf Rat king to me.
Who said that would be a bad thing? 4KIDS is just a clone dressed up like him and Nick's design is Phantom of The Opera opposed to traditional look so the original cartoon is the perfect inspiration. However,all I see to connect the Fred Wolf incarnation would be the flute used to hypnotize the rats opposed to a natural power. We just see The Pied Piper of Hamlet's brief image not The Rat King himself so we don't know what he will look like in the interiror. I am hoping Bobby will follow up on my request to have the character design and what decisions went into his appearance in IDW.

Icegaze,Tom said no character will be used only once as a rule in order to better flesh out each character and make them impact the storyline.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
corvus
Stone Warrior

Idk anything about the Nick one. The 4kids one sucked. Mirage is where its at.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

Wow, Tom!

I don't know what it is but the last few issues along with this preview have been hitting the sweet spot for me.
Can I ask whether or not the recently announced tmnt 3ds game is the very game you are writing the story for?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #7
corvus
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Wow, Tom!

I don't know what it is but the last few issues along with this preview have been hitting the sweet spot for me.
Can I ask whether or not the recently announced tmnt 3ds game is the very game you are writing the story for?
I know what it is. The turtles are in New York, back together. All the cool characters have been introduced and exist and can strike at any moment. Its a perfect period for fantastic stories. Also the contained story format is really appealing to me.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
boywonder26
Hench Mutant

Can not wait to read this!!! Its good to see the relationship between Leo and splinter deepen ,and also I love the relationship that's starting between Aprils parents and Casey, I wonder if Aprils parents will step in between Casey and his dad...
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #9
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Now may not be the ideal time to bring your parents into Foot controlled New York, April. But then again we know the Foot can reach North Hampton if they really wish too, at least now you have them where you can see them and try to keep them safe. I wonder if April is hoping to have her Dad help her with anything related to Stockgen?

Regardless, Casey could sure use some positive parental figures in his life. You know, besides the giant ninja rat master.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:58 AM   #10
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I like the fact that Casey started out as a kind of bright-eyed kid in this series, despite having an abusive alcoholic father, and is turning into more of a hothead like Raphael, like he was in the original Mirage series at times. If Eastman does any Raphael and Casey centric filler issues later on, Tom will have set him up to use those characters in a way that he's used to using them.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:20 AM   #11
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Cannot wait, woot love this series.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:38 AM   #12
RedRocBoy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Thank You Tom.
RedRocBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #13
Raven
follower of Jesus

You guys are killing me! This looks awesome.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #14
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Great Preview! I can't wait for this issue!!!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #15
nimajneb
Stone Warrior

Really looking forward to this Tom, what a great day TMNT and The Last fall (which looks awesome btw!) and then wild blue yonder and V Wars next week.

IDW has taken the top spot for me in recent months...

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #16
Uki
Hench Mutant

I'm pumped for Rat King; this series just keeps delivering! From Pigeon Pete to this, awesome!
Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #17
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
I know what it is. The turtles are in New York, back together. All the cool characters have been introduced and exist and can strike at any moment. Its a perfect period for fantastic stories. Also the contained story format is really appealing to me.
Yeah. The book's in its third year and really hitting its stride. They've spent the first few years setting up many of the iconic characters (look how much City Fall alone did for our villain roster) and done nods to a lot of the classic storylines that everyone was clamoring for (the Baxter/TCRI combo of the origin, the war against the Foot, the adventures in space with Krang added in, Northampton, travels with Renet) while adding in the touches that make IDW unique (the reincarnation story, whatever Kitsune's up to, Old Hob). Now we're getting to the point where the book can tell original stories that surprise the long-time fans while still retaining that classic TMNT feel.

This book has been a great slow boil for the first few years and we're finally getting to where dinner's being set out on the table. Can't wait to see what we're building up to in #50.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #18
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

^this. I couldn't agree more. Thank you tom and all the other guys at idw for crafting such an engaging universe that pays homage to what's come before while still being its own thing. Month after month this book does not disappoint and now with so many players on the board its only getting better
Old 07-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #19
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Yeah. The book's in its third year and really hitting its stride. They've spent the first few years setting up many of the iconic characters (look how much City Fall alone did for our villain roster) and done nods to a lot of the classic storylines that everyone was clamoring for (the Baxter/TCRI combo of the origin, the war against the Foot, the adventures in space with Krang added in, Northampton, travels with Renet) while adding in the touches that make IDW unique (the reincarnation story, whatever Kitsune's up to, Old Hob). Now we're getting to the point where the book can tell original stories that surprise the long-time fans while still retaining that classic TMNT feel.

This book has been a great slow boil for the first few years and we're finally getting to where dinner's being set out on the table. Can't wait to see what we're building up to in #50.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
^this. I couldn't agree more. Thank you tom and all the other guys at idw for crafting such an engaging universe that pays homage to what's come before while still being its own thing. Month after month this book does not disappoint and now with so many players on the board its only getting better
You guus nailed it! Its a great time to be a TMNT comic fan! I absolutely love this series!
Old 07-16-2014, 04:52 AM   #20
SDCC
Foot Soldier

TMNT #36 - Reviews and Discussion

Hi there guys,

First up here's my review of #36 at my blog -http://www.superdstuff.com/2014/07/tmnt-36.html

So then, what did you all make of it?

Tags
rat king, tom waltz