The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Oh sh**, I forgot this was already back. I need to get on it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #82
newfan
Mad Scientist

Watching the final ep, a twist, if you didn't see it coming.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #83
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Getting through it. The wedding episode just happened and everything went crazy.

Pretty strong season. Only two complaints:

1) The season starts out super heavy-handed with the "equality for women" stuff. The episode where Sabrina competes against other males to earn the rank of "Top Boy" and her gal pal competes against all males on a basketball team... the irony is that in both examples, magic has to be used so that they could get the win, but only by cheating. So what's the real takeaway here?

2) Salem! The biggest complaint last season was his severe underuse. Here, so far, he's literally done NOTHING and barely cameos. Even scenes where it makes sense that he would be there to protect her... he's nowhere to be seen, and barely mentioned!
Old 04-26-2019, 01:39 AM   #84
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Getting through it. The wedding episode just happened and everything went crazy.

2) Salem! The biggest complaint last season was his severe underuse. Here, so far, he's literally done NOTHING and barely cameos. Even scenes where it makes sense that he would be there to protect her... he's nowhere to be seen, and barely mentioned!
Yeah there was a lot going on this season, sadly so far a Salem, that doesn't change. Interested to see your thoughts on the rest of it.

Last edited by newfan; 04-26-2019 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:17 PM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Yeah there was a lot going on this season, sadly so far a Salem, that doesn't change. Interested to see your thoughts on the rest of it.
Saw the rest of it. Wow! Things really got even crazier when the Witch Hunters hit the scene. Totally dug it.

Have to admire a show that builds up such a devoted group of people in the Church of Night... only to completely tear it down. And I thought Sabrina opposing the Dark Lord would be a series-wide thing... not definitively taken care of in season 2! Wow.

Season 3 should be wild.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:08 AM   #86
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Saw the rest of it. Wow! Things really got even crazier when the Witch Hunters hit the scene. Totally dug it.

Have to admire a show that builds up such a devoted group of people in the Church of Night... only to completely tear it down. And I thought Sabrina opposing the Dark Lord would be a series-wide thing... not definitively taken care of in season 2! Wow.

Season 3 should be wild.
It sure got even crazier towards the end and I didn't think what everyone's outcome was predicable either.
The last line was kind of cheesy but I'll forgive it

Just a question,
Spoiler:
Was she all powerful in the comics too?....and the Dark Lords daughter!

I also wonder what happened to her twin.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:12 AM   #87
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Spoiler:
Was she all powerful in the comics too?....and the Dark Lords daughter!
No clue, haven't read any. But I should. I think there's not many within the specific reimagining they're semi-adapting.

Quote:
I also wonder what happened to her twin.
Yeah, for sure. I'd almost forgotten about it. I'm also glad they revisited the "random dead witches" thing from the first season that seemed forgotten about. Now we know: the witch hunters. And they have powers!

I love it.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:28 AM   #88
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
No clue, haven't read any. But I should. I think there's not many within the specific reimagining they're semi-adapting.

Yeah, for sure. I'd almost forgotten about it. I'm also glad they revisited the "random dead witches" thing from the first season that seemed forgotten about. Now we know: the witch hunters. And they have powers!

I love it.
I didn't see that coming
Spoiler:
angels
I'm adding spoilers but I don't think many are watching anyway

I had wondered in the last series if Nick would turn out to be her twin, I don't think this now though. Also you'd get that awkward sibling twist when they liked each other differently. Remembering the appearance of the twin around the feet too.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #89
newfan
Mad Scientist

I think only 2 people on here at watching but season 3 will air on the 24th January
Old 12-08-2019, 02:17 AM   #90
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Im watching it too lol. Can’t wait for Ep. 3.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:58 PM   #91
newfan
Mad Scientist

Not doing my usual extent of binging but it could be down to my mood seeming a little flat lately. I remember getting more hooked on the last series as it went along, the story seems to be just getting though so we'll see.

Spoiler:
The old ones have returned (they are supposed pagan witches come to take back the land from the dark lord worshipers). The Coven don't have much of their powers left to stand up to them (at the moment) as their lord is p*ssed at them.
Nick obviously has issues from containing Satan in his body, looks to be going a little dark. Blackwood now is body sharing with Satan, oh and he was gone for 15 years in the short time passing they had. Also Sabrina is queen of Hell for now (though leaving Lilith to manage things)

Still barely any Salem Andrew, so far (not sure if you have started watching yet)

Last edited by newfan; 01-26-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:06 PM   #92
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
This sounds like it would be an interesting show- a la Buffy/Angel- but I can't get past the fact they decided to portray witches as devil-worshippers. Just no. That alone is a big enough turn-off to keep me from watching, when the earlier incarnation was light-hearted fun with witches as protagonists who were just like normal people- but with magick. I simply can't support the further misconception of witches as Satanic followers of Hel/Lucifer who use dark magic to get what they want. Even the plot about competing against guys using magick to cheat goes against EVERYTHING witches actually stand for. It's just sad.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:33 PM   #93
Shark_Blade
Emperor

They don’t even worship satan at the end of Season 2. They’re searching their purpose starting Season 3.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:43 PM   #94
Leo656
The Franchise

I can't watch Futurama because their depiction of Santa Claus blasphemes against everything Santa stands for.

KIDDING. It's a slow day. Nobody's online because of the Royal Rumble so I'm forced to mess with whoever shows up.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:49 PM   #95
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
They don’t even worship satan at the end of Season 2. They’re searching their purpose starting Season 3.

I think that's a little beside the point. It's a depiction, like SOOO many others before, of witches as "E-VIL devil-worshippers doing Satanic rituals and eating babies" (or whatever)! When the reality is that this idea is FAR from the truth. It's sickeningly misinformed and stereotypical drivel. The entire premise of the show began with that as their starting point- that witches follow a "Dark Lord" (aka the devil). Truth is, they(we) don't. Most don't even acknowledge such a being's existence, as it is outside of the spiritual beliefs of (most) witches, who actually worship nature deities! (Probably closer to those "old ones" mentioned as being in season 3- who are apparently the "enemy")

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:28 PM   #96
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't know if it's a huge problem. Most people are fully aware that they're not depicting reality or even attempting to. And not to be mean but most people don't believe in witchcraft, period, so they're not likely to assume that whatever is being presented on a TV show is a documentary or any historical fact or anything. Therefore, they're not being "misinformed", merely entertained.

They'd have to believe in witches in the first place to be "misinformed", and most people simply don't. I wouldn't worry about it.

Like, the movie "Ready To Rumble" makes wrestling and everyone who either does it or watches it look like a complete imbecile and doesn't represent my "sport" very well at all, but it's still good for a laugh once in a while. I can't even get mad at it because it's just so stupid that only a moron would watch it and think that it's in any way accurate. In fact, most wrestlers I know love it, despite the fact that it's objectively terrible and paints a really awful picture of the business and its fans. They just look at it as a fun romp with some famous wrestlers doing horrible cameos and nothing more. It ain't worth getting mad at.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:14 PM   #97
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I really don't care if they're portraying witches correctly or anything. It's pretty clearly doing something fantastical and not intended to set the record straight or anything.

Saw the first three episodes. Pretty good! I miss some of the... random wtf moments of the first two seasons (like, Hilda being killed by her sister suddenly and buried in the yard, stuff like that) but it's pretty good. Also I notice it appears to be a lot less less "agenda packed" than the first parts of the second season.

And c'mon... yeah, the Salem thing is beyond ridiculous. He shows up for 5 seconds in the first episode just to say hello and why he shouldn't go to Hell with them, and I'm pretty sure he was just greenscreened into the shot. I get that Kiernan is allergic to cats but they need to figure this sh** out.

Also, I noticed they used the actress that plays Cheryl's mom on Riverdale.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-27-2020 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:00 AM   #98
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm on ep 6 and yikes, poor Hilda.
Spoiler:
(and her boyfriend, she was turned into a spider by the pagans, mated with him and killed him...and Zelda had to shoot her, with fading powers I have a feeling she might not be coming back as easily as usual... but we'll see)

So far as representation, yeah this is fiction and not supposed to represent real witches but I have cringed watching this when thinking the stigma that Witches get.

Edit: I spoke too soon about not binging this time, finished the last few eps as there were only 8 this time.
Spoiler:
So, one of the deaths stuck, there are now 2 Sabrina's (from different timelines) one ruling hell and the other having her life, but apparently terrible consequences will come of that and also Blackwood has now unleashed that evil thing he had earlier in the season. Oh and Zelda might possibly have a girlfriend
. Thought I'd update in this post than make another

Last edited by newfan; 01-27-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:27 AM   #99
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Enjoyed it pretty well and glad it looks like it will continue. Only complaints is that I'm not too crazy about the whole...
Spoiler:
...time paradox Sabrina thing and too predictable that she'll probably just have to fight herself later... The "teen makes a dumb decision while thinking she knows best" part is a bit too on the nose.
And...
Spoiler:
...Aunt Zelda and Marie LaFleur at the end was waaaay too random and thrown in there. Personal cringe factor aside, way to have absolutely zero lead up to anything between them. I can only guess that maybe it's an intended cliffhanger and LaFleur is more than she says/appears and has her own motives and perhaps Zelda is affected by a spell?

edit: I mean, a lot of the time they actually spent together was when Zelda was laying there almost dead. Not really the best circumstances to build a relationship. But that also gave LaFleur plenty of unseen time off screen while watching over her...

Also, the cat needs more of a role in this....

Liked this season overall though.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-29-2020 at 10:34 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #100
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Enjoyed it pretty well and glad it looks like it will continue. Only complaints is that I'm not too crazy about the whole...
Spoiler:
...time paradox Sabrina thing and too predictable that she'll probably just have to fight herself later... The "teen makes a dumb decision while thinking she knows best" part is a bit too on the nose.
And...
Spoiler:
...Aunt Zelda and Marie LaFleur at the end was waaaay too random and thrown in there. Personal cringe factor aside, way to have absolutely zero lead up to anything between them. I can only guess that maybe it's an intended cliffhanger and LaFleur is more than she says/appears and has her own motives and perhaps Zelda is affected by a spell?

Also, the cat needs more of a role in this....

Liked this season overall though.
Agreed with both, on the first she does seem to think she knows best... I like how Ambrose often seems to know these things, I like his character.

On the second point, yes, I was surprised too with it being random, no build up or hints first. Guess they wanted a surprise.