The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2023, 01:31 PM   #81
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I have no problem with it, This sort of thing is what fuels the fandom, Especially on places like DeviantArt, Which loves to ship characters all the time.
Old 03-23-2023, 02:02 PM   #82
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I have no problem with it, This sort of thing is what fuels the fandom, Especially on places like DeviantArt, Which loves to ship characters all the time.
Agreed. Fan fiction is good. We all like fan fiction. But it needs to remain fan fiction, not creep its way onto official material.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:14 PM   #83
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be fair the more recent issues has steered the series back toward action and Mutant town is on its way out. Granted some of the Sophie created characters are probably sticking around after.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:16 PM   #84
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
To be fair the more recent issues has steered the series back toward action and Mutant town is on its way out. Granted some of the Sophie created characters are probably sticking around after.
You can already tell her next big thing is gonna be numerous feuding ninja clans. Which I'm (very) cautiously optimistic about.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:01 PM   #85
CyberCubed
Overlord

I feel like Sophie's writing is better when Tom Waltz and the person who replaced Bobby oversee her work or give her a narrative to follow. When she's left to her own devices she comes up with those dull stories like battle of the bands or all the shipping stuff and political stuff in her run.

As long as they reduce the focus on all these extra female characters like Lita, Sheena, Jennika, Carmen, the weasels, Mona Lisa, etc. It should be fine. For example nobody had a problem with Sally or Alopex so just being female has never been an issue.
Old 03-23-2023, 03:09 PM   #86
neatoman
Emperor

"Her writing is good when it's essentially written by someone else" is hardly what I'd call a compliment. It's not that it's wrong, it's clear that most of the plot in these issues isn't really her idea, but you could replace her with just about anyone and the issues wouldn't be that much different.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:14 PM   #87
CyberCubed
Overlord

I assume the story plot ideas are from Tom Waltz since he's the constructor of the Armaggeddon game as a whole, but she's still able to write some of the dialogue and how its handled. She's still writing the main ongoing so some stuff has to be her own.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:41 PM   #88
neatoman
Emperor

You can still tell which parts are hers and not outlined by someone else, sure, but when the core of it all is someone else's work it's not like it really matters who the official writer is.

And... I wouldn't exactly call the dialogue itself the strong point of these past few issues, you said yourself that the reasons for the weasels literally murdering Ray were poorly communicated.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 06:37 AM   #89
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Fans will ship characters regardless, if there is any pandering (or any pairings for that matter).
You just want to jack off to some fanfics and fanart.
I have an advice to you: make them yourself.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote