The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-07-2021, 05:26 PM   #8921
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Blah, makes me dread reaching those days.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:31 AM   #8922
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
It hasn't been a picnic, that's for sure. My only consolation is that once everything settles and is done for good, I will no longer have to endure the monthly (or now bi-weekly) hell of female-hood. Eagerly awaiting the day I can finally just stick to a liner for leak security....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 03:09 PM   #8923
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I just worry about, you know, those kinds of feelings and interest being gone with the change in hormones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
...so of course people love to open these things, pull the contents out, and be inconsiderate and not put it back the way they found it.
Too predictable, someone did the same at the other store, but with one of the graduation ones. Likewise the one design that as a display example right in front of their dumb face.
Old 06-08-2021, 03:13 PM   #8924
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I just worry about, you know, those kinds of feelings and interest being gone with the change in hormones.
Going by the types of Comments I frequently get, my FB Photo Albums have been getting chicks through their 40s and 50s for a decade. You'll be fine.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:53 AM   #8925
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

Too predictable, someone did the same at the other store, but with one of the graduation ones. Likewise the one design that as a display example right in front of their dumb face.

Tbh, that HAS been a problem of late. I just can't seem to get excited about that sort of thing. Lately it's more like "eh, not now. Don't feel like it." A lot.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:23 PM   #8926
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I despise work crunch.

People shouldn't have to work in such abhorrent work conditions.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:16 PM   #8927
Leo656
The Franchise

I've been involved in the wrestling business in some capacity since 2009. And if I had a dollar for every time a promoter lied to me I could build a f*cking solid gold house.

Even when you expect it - which is Always after the first time - it never gets any less frustrating. Not ever.

You shouldn't have to be someone's drinking buddy or bitch boy just to get them to respond to a FB message or answer a goddamn phone call.

Swear to God, most days I feel like I'm the only grown man in a business full of motherf*cking teenage girls. And it's not a good feeling.

Old 06-11-2021, 02:07 PM   #8928
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

A deluge of rain on Monday led me to find a bad spot in my Jeep's soft top and a little bit of water seeping through and dripping in. Then realized the whole front half was damp. (Back half over the rear seat seemed dry.) And now, thanks to rain last night and so far all day today I've come to realize the bad spot is not the only place it's seeping through an dripping. Cute. (Maybe the amount of wetness on the seats Monday wasn't only from leaving the windows about a inch... )

And here I just did a good cleaning on it yesterday and even used an upholstery cleaner on those seats because of the dingy marks it left on Monday. So naturally, they were damp again this morning.

Thank goodness for a big piece of plastic we had sitting around that I could throw over it, but I hope the lack of rain in the forecast for next week doesn't change. Have a new top in a box, but the people that could help me get it put on are camping and won't be back until Monday and I've gotta work...
Old 06-15-2021, 07:37 AM   #8929
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Work has been grinding my gears. I barely have any time to sit. It's like, keep track of clients then add on new clients... fix 1 or 2 computers a day, take some home to work on... answer phones... schedule more clients... even on my lunch break all we talk about is work. I asked Ricky if he has any hobbies outside of work. He likes to collect coins. Coins? I told him I was into comics and superheroes and he said about as far as he got was watching a couple Marvel movies but was a Captain America fan as a kid. So we talk about Cap's video game appearances from the 90's. There is not much to relate to with this man at all. I made the mistake of mentioning TMNT and he was like "yeah, I was into that in the 90's. But I grew out of it."

My (original) boss, Mike Doogan, retired and his assistant (Ricky) now officially owns the business. That didn't take long but there was a lot of drama involved. Then the OG boss decides that since his wife is apparently all better, or at least as good as you can get after 6 weeks or so of recovery, after having a stroke, he's just gonna come back to work... not as an employee but as a hanger on. Like, we are very busy and the guy decided it was time to retire and sell his business and he can't let go. He wants to talk to me when I'm with a client.

Meanwhile, Ricky was gonna hire a 3rd guy but that fell through and now I'm 2nd and dead last in command here. Ricky's been working my ass off... started out as 4 days a week when Doogan left now I get Sundays off.

A lot of damn college kids come in here and want free repairs because of school work. Yeah, it'd be nice but... I have to go Back to HELL now. Work sucks!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:35 PM   #8930
Icebot
Foot Elite

I was doing extremely delicate work when a security guard told me to give a voucher to another security guard. I kept telling him I don’t understand because I was trying to concentrate which also made it hard to explain anything to him. After I finished my work 5 minutes later, I asked the guard again what to do and that’s when I understood to give it to the other guard. He told me where the guard was but I kept going the wrong way, the first guard kept yelling at me saying no no that way. I didn’t actually see the second guard and I guess the first one thought I was stupid for that. That wasn’t even part of my job anyway, I understand he was busy guarding something but should he have radioed for help instead of torturing me?
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:14 PM   #8931
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You guys make me glad I work independently.

Granted it has its frustrations because it's all just on me and no one there to help, but I don't miss having annoying coworkers or a superior breathing down my neck.

Grind... the damn lanternflies. Have seen a black bug covered in white spots a few times and wasn't sure what it was. Don't recall ever seeing them before. So... of course they are lanternfly nymphs.

Been seeing one on my potted sapling, chasing it around the tiny trunk trying to shoo the damn thing off, before finding out what it was. A little of the newest growth sitting there with dead ends now. Grr. Officially coated in diatomaceous earth powder this evening. It better do the trick... the other methods suggested for trees aren't too helpful for one this small. Other failed attempts to try to find a solution for a tree with a tiny trunk just left me with sticky trap glue on my hands and now smell vaguely of Goo Gone... (And not the skin kind which I didn't know until this moment exists.)

edit: Though I do have one work grind. My supervisor messaged us that she'll be on vacation starting June 21st until July 5th. We have changeovers next week starting the day after Father's Day, which is a lot of work and sometimes people need assistance from our supervisor or a store needs coverage. So... she's taking off that week? Sure. That makes sense...

There had been some job vacancies and no one covering certain stores so she was having to cover them herself, including those changovers. If they found some people for it, well that's news to me. Because otherwise I've got enough on my plate and better not be asked to cover another one, again.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-15-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:12 AM   #8932
Leo656
The Franchise

One of the action figures I ordered on eBay got cancelled... "due to damage", they said. Refunded, no foul. Just annoying because it's one that doesn't turn up often at a good price.

Oddly enough, I found another one from a different seller for exactly the same price after shipping and tax, down to the penny. So I kinda hope it's not some kinda shenanigans. If THIS one get cancelled for whatever reason I'll be rather upset. Fingers crossed.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:36 PM   #8933
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Good luck. Hopefully it's not the same seller on more than one account.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:01 PM   #8934
Leo656
The Franchise

Right? Guess we'll find out. I'd hate to have to go through an international seller and pay like $40 shipping. Not happening.

Fingers crossed, we shall see.

Old 06-17-2021, 05:22 PM   #8935
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hear ya on that... international shipping is why I had to pass on a copy of the TMNT "The Works" Vol 5 that showed up, after weeks and weeks of no copies being posted. Figures the one that was actually closer to retail price (and not $160 like another recent one just before it via U.S. seller) had to be overseas.

Maybe someday someone will be done with theirs and sell it for a reasonable cost for a used book, instead of 3x (or more) the cost of it new. To think it was easy to find listed and for a decent price when it was the prior one I was hunting for... And now... ugh. I assume these are hot right now because Last Ronin is creating more interest in the rest or Mirage.
Old 06-19-2021, 10:49 PM   #8936
Leo656
The Franchise

Lo and behold, the order for the exact same figure was cancelled. This person sent me a note saying that FedEX lost the item. They refunded my money, but this is very suspicious. The same action figure, from two different sellers, the exact same price after tax and shipping and both got cancelled after a couple of days (although this one was supposedly shipped, then "lost", while the first order was cancelled before it shipped due to "damage"). Very, very weird.

I'm gonna end up paying way too much for this damn thing, I just know it.

EDIT: Aaaaaand of course, no current eBay listings for it, right now. Sigh. The search continues...

Last edited by Leo656; 06-19-2021 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2021, 10:59 PM   #8937
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Damn. They contacted you about it being lost, not the other way around? Kind of unusual... I'd be surprised if it isn't the same seller.

If they refunded, what are they even getting out of doing this then? Can people fraud shipping insurance or something by doing that?
Old 06-19-2021, 11:29 PM   #8938
Leo656
The Franchise

That's what I'm wondering! Like what are the odds that twice in a row, the exact same figure, for the exact same price down to the penny, from two different sellers, somehow would fail to go through?

But then what would the endgame possibly be? It makes no sense.

As a rule I never believe in coincidence, but I'm at a loss as to what else the reason for this could be.

Even just doing a generic online shopping Search for this figure turns up no results at present. As far as I'm aware it's not terribly rare or anything (only goes for about $20-40 when it does turn up), so this is all pretty baffling. I'm about ready to chalk it up to "The Elder Gods simply do not want you to have this figure" right at the moment.

For the record I am trying to buy the DC Direct "JLA Classified Classics" Green Lantern Hal Jordan figure, with the Ed McGuinness-style sculpting. Right now the only one available is a loose/used one with a broken arm. I don't get how they all suddenly vanished. Hopefully they'll turn up again; I suppose there's always a small chance that the one FedEx "lost" will turn up but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Ah well.

Old 06-26-2021, 11:13 AM   #8939
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Comparatively speaking this may not be anything but I'm frustrated, sore from my 2nd shot and being a moron who who decided flip flops are great shoes to wear when walking around several stores.

Monday my wife has a procedure that will have her on bedrest for about a week. She's going to be staying at my parents and I'm taking the week off to stay home with the boys. But thankfully I've been training for this because 9 times out of 10 I'm the one who gets up when I hear the 1st signs of chaos up stairs. I get them breakfast, make sure they bathe, and hold the fort when she takes ages getting ready for errands which we are often late for because of it. Just this morning I went into our room to get dressed. She was just getting up and apologized for me having to be the one who got up...then she stayed in our room a bit longer...

I know it's minor but again...needed to vent.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 01:50 PM   #8940
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When eBay has you logged in already, always does, you write up a product review for something you bought (because there was only one and all that numbskull wrote was the word "perfect" and zero details) and when you hit submit... it goes to a login page... then returns you to a blank review page, all your thought out writing gone, and no massage about it being submitted.

Wtf eBay. I think I've been through this once before...