The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #341
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, it's going on hiatus because there's no new episode this Friday, and I don't think there's a new one for next Friday either. I hate when this happens!

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #342
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I wish that Nick would follow the traditional season schedule. It seems messy having a few episodes here on this night then a few weeks off then a new day and time for a few more then repeat. I was hoping for one more episode before any sort of break since I am a fan of the Punk Frogs.

As for A Foot Too Big, does anyone believe this will get him over his crush on April? It needs to go. Nick did what it wanted and giving Donatello more qualities to appeal to children.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #343
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Agree, I miss the old days of predictable tv show scheduling. None of it's normal anymore, and cartoons seem to be the worst at it. Can't TMNT just own a time slot that will be theirs alone, even when it's on break and just has a repeat.

As for Donnie, really doubt it. Ain't nothin' probably gonna get that boy over her unless she forces him to have to.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #344
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I wish that Nick would follow the traditional season schedule. It seems messy having a few episodes here on this night then a few weeks off then a new day and time for a few more then repeat. I was hoping for one more episode before any sort of break since I am a fan of the Punk Frogs.

As for A Foot Too Big, does anyone believe this will get him over his crush on April? It needs to go. Nick did what it wanted and giving Donatello more qualities to appeal to children.
He's nice, compassionate, smart, a good fighter...with a crush. What's the problem?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #345
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
He's nice, compassionate, smart, a good fighter...with a crush. What's the problem?
Oh he's not the problem. It just the way this thing is being written. That's the real problem.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #346
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

It's not going to go away until April makes her true choice and that might not happen until the end of the series. I'm fine with it, but for those who aren't, I guess you'll just have to deal with it for the long haul.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #347
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
It's not going to go away until April makes her true choice and that might not happen until the end of the series. I'm fine with it, but for those who aren't, I guess you'll just have to deal with it for the long haul.
I just want to know. I can understand Donnie's crush, 100%. She's the first girl he really laid eyes on, and that she just happened to get kidnapped right in fron of him, and he was able to save her. In his mind, he might even think it's some sort of fate.

But with Casey, who was apparently a top hockey player at once, still in highschool and all, what exactly was it in April he saw? Why did he persue her so much? After watching what happened with Irma, and now hearing about April's mom, and Kirby looking all weird eyed in the season 2 finale, my cousin thinks that there is something up with Casey. She thinks maybe he's secretly been sent to keep an eye on April (perhaps even unknowingly) but what do you all think about that? Why haven't we even seen his family yet? Yeah, he talks about them, but we haven't seen them yet, nor has April or one of the Turtles mentioned seeing them or asking Casey about them.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #348
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

You know, I don't think there's anything up with Casey in that regard. Remember, we haven't seen April's aunt and have heard April mention her a few times in the series, so that doesn't really bother me at all. I think Casey likes her because she's a girl and he figures that because he's a hockey player and all, he'll get what he wants. It happens with jocks all of the time where they strut around thinking they're going to get the girl just because they're a good athlete. I see that with Casey, though April doesn't approve of his flirting in this regard and feels he comes on too strongly. I'm hoping she'll address more of this soon and that he'll lay off of it for a little while.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #349
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
You know, I don't think there's anything up with Casey in that regard. Remember, we haven't seen April's aunt and have heard April mention her a few times in the series, so that doesn't really bother me at all. I think Casey likes her because she's a girl and he figures that because he's a hockey player and all, he'll get what he wants. It happens with jocks all of the time where they strut around thinking they're going to get the girl just because they're a good athlete. I see that with Casey, though April doesn't approve of his flirting in this regard and feels he comes on too strongly. I'm hoping she'll address more of this soon and that he'll lay off of it for a little while.

We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #350
madyankees
Hench Mutant

I hope April and Casey gets sent to dimension x for a while and come back as adults. Now that will definitely go a long way to kill off apriltello
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #351
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by madyankees View Post
I hope April and Casey gets sent to dimension x for a while and come back as adults. Now that will definitely go a long way to kill off apriltello
I hope not. I love Apritello. I hate Casey! I wouldn't mind if Casey died in this series, won't be no sweat off of my back.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #352
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I hope not. I love Apritello. I hate Casey! I wouldn't mind if Casey died in this series, won't be no sweat off of my back.
i have to say that this incarnation of Jones hasn't grown on me yet. Hoping they have him mature over time. He seems rather full of himself this time around.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #353
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, not overly impressed with Casey. (Granted I never was with adult Casey either.) Suppose I like him slightly better than when he first showed up. Maybe. But.. meh. Little pain in the ass mostly. Whether April ends up with Donnie, someone else, or no one, I'd just rather it not be Casey; always been done, too predictable, and bored of their pairing. If Turtle lovin' is what it takes to freshen it up, so be it. lol
Old 10-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #354
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, not overly impressed with Casey. (Granted I never was with adult Casey either.) Suppose I like him slightly better than when he first showed up. Maybe. But.. meh. Little pain in the ass mostly. Whether April ends up with Donnie, someone else, or no one, I'd just rather it not be Casey; always been done, too predictable, and bored of their pairing. If Turtle lovin' is what it takes to freshen it up, so be it. lol
haha! Little pain in the ass is right! I've never seen a Casey at this stage in life, so I suppose the teenage years have something to do with it. He does have his moments though. To quote Leia from Empire Strikes Back, not many but he does have them. Maybe we'll see more character development with the arrival of Hun and hopefully when he sets out to find his dad and sister. My better half was actually wondering if Casey was going to have to go on his own vision quest before returning to NYC. April too. I never really thought of that. Ciro is probably working on fleshing this kid out and giving him more depth, especially now that they're out of the city and Casey is with them 24/7. I've always enjoyed Casey going off the deep end, but I would like to see a few more moments like the one he had with April in Buried Secrets. It'd be neat to see him bonding with each of the turtles here and there. I guess the thing that bugs me about this kid is how insensitive he can be at times, but he does seem like he's trying to think before he speaks or acts as the series progresses. Okay, there was that scene where he and Leo were dissing Bigfoot, but I forget whether or not he expressed any regret afterwards. Need to watch this one again.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #355
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Okay, there was that scene where he and Leo were dissing Bigfoot, but I forget whether or not he expressed any regret afterwards. Need to watch this one again.
Not that I recall after seeing it a couple times. In pics posted some pages back he did at least look a little guilty/remorseful, along with Leo, when Mikey was yelling at them. (In spoiler http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=274 )
Old 10-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #356
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Seth has the ability to sound like the Leonardo we are familiar with (he tends to have this, smooth, deepness in his voice, but without any gruff, if that makes sense) and Seth can and has sounded like that in past movies, so hopefully they can work out the kinks and find the right tone with him. Because it seems like the other cast and crew are taking him in like he's been apart of the family the whole time.
He had a higher pitch when he was younger, not sure he has it anymore. Did you know he voiced a part on Batman: The Animated Series, for one episode? Nor did I, but I recently discovered it as I've been geeking out on BTAS recently, rewatching the series. He was only about 18 or so when he voiced the character, back in the early 90s. His voice was higher pitched (obviously younger). Part of me couldn't help but think, "Why couldn't THAT Seth Green be voicing Leo now?!" Sounds more like how Biggs sounded, which would help with continuity. Not to say I hate Green tho. We'll see if his pitch/tone changes at all.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #357
Sumac
Banned

This episode reminded me about some OT eisodes and one 2k3 episode about green monster (I forgot its name), that, also, took place at Northhampton (sic?).

I didn't find anything interesting about this episode, save for the cute scene between April and Don in the end. So far Season 3 doesn't look interesting.

I give this episode 1 Big Foot out of 3.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #358
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
This episode reminded me about some OT eisodes and one 2k3 episode about green monster (I forgot its name), that, also, took place at Northhampton (sic?).

I didn't find anything interesting about this episode, save for the cute scene between April and Don in the end. So far Season 3 doesn't look interesting.

I give this episode 1 Big Foot out of 3.
I have a feeling it's going to get worse. I am going to assume, about the time these episodes started to be scripted and made, was about the time a mere occassional episode writer and editor all of a sudden was given the job as head writer and executive producer. Doesn't help he tends to pen the worst episodes he's written so far, so again, expect the least of the show until this guy is given the boot.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #359
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I have a feeling it's going to get worse. I am going to assume, about the time these episodes started to be scripted and made, was about the time a mere occassional episode writer and editor all of a sudden was given the job as head writer and executive producer. Doesn't help he tends to pen the worst episodes he's written so far, so again, expect the least of the show until this guy is given the boot.
I retain some hope for the best. For the time being.
Besides, previous Turtles series were through a lot, so it's not the first time, when there is a drop in a quality.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #360
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

The episode you're thinking about from 2K3 is Monster Hunter, and yes, it did feel like that, though I liked The Finger much better than Abigail Finn any day of the week. He was just awesome, and the fact that was voiced by a former pro wrestler is the icing on the cake for me.