The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #21
Bakushan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
I wouldn't say post count is an accurate indication of how hardcore a fan you are. Post count has more to do with how long you've been a member, how much free time you have, how important you deem online interactions (whether you feel the need to respond/start threads or just read), etc. but I'm of the mindset that judging someone you don't know personally without any sort of context is not a productive practice. Now if they make emotionally charged statements to belittle others and elevate themselves then one could extrapolate something about their personality type. But let's face it, those types won't listen to reason anyhow. To each his own is how I feel about it- I just wish we could act like adults and be respectful...
Bakushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #22
ticktack
Foot Soldier

Yeah, the awareness of tmnt franchise as a fan doesn't rely on quantity of posts in some fanforums.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #23
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

People who use the term "casuals" are the reason why the word "fanboy" carries negative connotations. Let's be fair. TNM is to TMNT as The Star Wars Holiday Special is to Star Wars. It's not worth judging people over. There are bigger problems in the world, much less the TMNT fan community....

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 12-30-2013 at 12:15 PM.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's only because "casuals" claim to be big TMNT fans when all they know about the franchise is their nostalgia from their childhood.

They're the same people you see on the street who say, "I love the Turtles" yet haven't watched/read anything of TMNT since they were 10 years old.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #25
Bakushan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's only because "casuals" claim to be big TMNT fans when all they know about the franchise is their nostalgia from their childhood.

They're the same people you see on the street who say, "I love the Turtles" yet haven't watched/read anything of TMNT since they were 10 years old.
I think you can be a huge TMNT fan without watching or reading anything about TMNT in 10+ years.

What makes you a fan is the place they hold in your heart.

I don't sit down and watch the new series often at all, but when a toy comes out at TRU I pick it up. I have over 500 figures, vehicles and toys related to TMNT. I have not read a TMNT comic or watched very much TMNT on TV in the last 10 years. Why am I any less of a fan?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself, I guess......
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #27
dragonside
Hench Mutant

mmm I think its kinda pointless to judge how much of a fan someone is.

Is it really important that we say one fan is better than another fan? I personally don't like the hardcores vs casuals. It doesn't provide any real merit. Instead, why can't we appreciate that people have different levels of dedication. We can admire those that put in a lot of dedication, but that shouldn't mean that those that people with less dedication are "lesser" fans. Fans are fans, and I thought the point of the forum is for fans to share their experiences with other fans. Hence.. forum.

As for being on topic.

I liked the concept, but the episode was weak beyond compare. The power rangers were fine, but the dubbing on the turtles in that cross over was atrocious. The next mutation voices were.... not great, but this was just another level.

I watched it nonetheless, and I think if Next Mutation was executed a bit better, it could've been a much more solid series. The concept itself wasn't that bad.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #28
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well I usually like to defend TNM but I'm afraid of sounding like a broken record since I repeat the same things but I only do because TNM gets a new topic every 6 months and it gets bashed for the same reasons which I always reply about. Point is TNM isn't as bad as people claim, it's by no means great, it's rather average at best but it has good ideas. Definitely worth a watch if you consider yourself a fan of the turtles so you can form your own opinion. I love the OT but I can bash it for as many reasons as people bash TNM for. It's a product of it's time.

As far as the crossover it has its pros and cons and mostly because it's not a TNM episode but a Power Rangers in Space episode, so it had different writers/production team. A big con is the personalities of the turtles is horrendous, they are the most annoying interpretation of the turtles ever, never do they act like this on TNM. I don't know what they were thinking, it's even inconsistent with the rest of that Power Ranger season which is more mature than past PR shows. Now because this was done by the PR crew the martial arts are actually much better than on the actual TNM show. Overall the crossover is bad because of the story but I still like it and I'm glad it happened for one reason, these two shows were my childhood and seeing these two teams shaking hands and have a cool fight with each other more than makes up for the bad dialog/story.

As for the hardcore/casual talk ugh,. Having more TMNT products or having watched everything, knowing every single detail of the franchise or constantly watching TMNT doesn't make you doesn't make you a bigger fan necessarily. . Just that you invest more time. It's all subjective, I probably know more details about this franchise than many on this board and yet they're probably bigger fans than me. Now if you liked the turtles as a kid and you see a shirt on Hot Topic and buy it because you "love" the turtles, that is still a fan of the show, even if he doesn't watch it, sure he's a casual but the more the better, now it's only when someone who grew up with the turtles or whatever and says everything else sucks without knowing the history then yeah he isn't a real fan, but people can be fans of something even if they only like one small aspect of the franchise. Casual is used in such a demeaning term when it shouldn't only to the example above. I'm a rather casual fan of many franchises but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan of them, it's unfair for me to be judged as a "casual".
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #29
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

Yet another thread turned into a penis measuring contest. Hold on while I go get my tape measure.

Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

**** this
**** The Next Mutation
**** this thread
**** the Power Rangers
**** Saban
**** everything
I am DONE.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakushan View Post
A DFW local fan! Nice to meet you sir!!!

And I'm another. My location: the tenth level of Hell, Texas, aka Decatur. So will you guys be attending the reunion concert/party in Feb.? I plan to! See ya' there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
I wouldn't say post count is an accurate indication of how hardcore a fan you are. Post count has more to do with how long you've been a member, how much free time you have, how important you deem online interactions (whether you feel the need to respond/start threads or just read), etc. but I'm of the mindset that judging someone you don't know personally without any sort of context is not a productive practice. Now if they make emotionally charged statements to belittle others and elevate themselves then one could extrapolate something about their personality type. But let's face it, those types won't listen to reason anyhow. To each his own is how I feel about it- I just wish we could act like adults and be respectful...

Agreed. Some of us simply have other things going on that take up most of our time/money, and have less to devote to TMNT.

Quote:
I think you can be a huge TMNT fan without watching or reading anything about TMNT in 10+ years.

What makes you a fan is the place they hold in your heart.
I don't sit down and watch the new series often at all, but when a toy comes out at TRU I pick it up. I have over 500 figures, vehicles and toys related to TMNT. I have not read a TMNT comic or watched very much TMNT on TV in the last 10 years. Why am I any less of a fan?

This, exactly! (Emphasis mine.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Whatever makes you feel better about yourself, I guess......

So true, especially in referring to certain posters around here. Not to name any names....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Yet another thread turned into a penis measuring contest. Hold on while I go get my tape measure.

Want to borrow mine?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #32
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Want to borrow mine?
Wait, which of those things are you offering Not sure I wanna know.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #33
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Yeah the Ninja Turtles met the Power Rangers and it brought me such delight to see the Turtles kick those Rangers asses even if it was when they were the bad guys.

At the time I was coming off the height of my Power Rangers fandom but my fire for Ninja Turtles has never died. I still enjoy some Power Rangers now and again but for someone who saw when Power Rangers kicked Ninja Turtles to the curb and became the current big thing after TMNT's reign it was so satisfying for the Turtles to show the Power Rangers who is still the best.

Would be kind of neat to have Power Rangers and TMNT air back to back on Nickelodeon but for whatever reason they have yet to do that on the network.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #34
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The crossover was amazing, shut yer dirty lying mouths!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #35
Bakushan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
And I'm another. My location: the tenth level of Hell, Texas, aka Decatur. So will you guys be attending the reunion concert/party in Feb.? I plan to! See ya' there!
Yeah... I think I might make an appearance.... lol... Did you buy tickets? Whats your name?
Old 12-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #36
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Wait, which of those things are you offering Not sure I wanna know.

The tape measure, of course, LOL!! (I'm a gal, so I don't HAVE the other one, LOL!! )

Quote:
Yeah... I think I might make an appearance.... lol... Did you buy tickets? Whats your name?
Vicki, or "Duckie" to my co-workers. I'm a fast-food jockey. (aka drive-through girl at my local McD's....) No tickets yet, but the holidays sapped all my extra cash. I'll probably grab a couple in the next week or two.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #37
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Also, I never got on board with the rangers. Always resented them for ending the era of turtles.
I'm pretty sure the Power Rangers had nothing to do with ending Next Mutation.

Last edited by Xav; 12-30-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #38
Ninjinister
無問題

I gotta say, when I was watching "...in Space" as a lad and I saw the Turtles show up at the end of Save Our Ship, I nearly dooked myself.

Quote:
The tape measure, of course, LOL!! (I'm a gal, so I don't HAVE the other one, LOL!! )
Not my place to say either way Could have a collection of them in the freezer for all I know.

(I also just now learned that it's not called a "tape measurer". That's all my dad had ever called it. Guess I'm a handyman casual. OH NOES)
Old 12-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #39
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Not my place to say either way Could have a collection of them in the freezer for all I know.
WHO TOLD??!! LOL!! Heh, just from a few totally deserving @$$hats who ticked me off over the years. All completely justified- I swear!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #40
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

Quote:
Wish I could go. It would take a Miracle on 34th street to see TMNT/Vanilla Ice.

I'd rather see Mikey play the drums then to see him dance.

Last edited by Guitar_Raph; 12-30-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
next mutation, power rangers