The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-31-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
How was YOUR 2006?

Hello

You probably know what this thread is about, so go ahead and share it with us

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I went to the last E3, met a ton of my idols. I witnessed by favorite game developer rise from the ashes and raise hell like when I was young. I played a lot of good games, got some health issues taken care of, started laying the foundations of a career, began learning piano, swam in the Pacific ocean, I became a multiplatform gamer (Xbox 360), and got a ton of headshots on Live with PDZero, Halo 2, and Gears of War. I finally got my Wii and am enjoying what is now my favorite game on my favorite console (Zelda/Wii). Christmas was good for the whole family, our relatives were dicks all year, so we were dicks to them. Always fun.

Then there was the crap. I gained weight. My dad had heart bypass surgery. I still have no female companionship in my life. Money is tighter. Almost got run over twice. There was other stuff, but I don't care to try to remember. I stick with the happy memories, so it was a good year. 2007 looks to have promise, so here's hoping. Might take a trip to San Fransisco to visit the GDC expo, and try to get tickets to a TV show in LA on the way home. That's not even mentioning that several games I've waited forever on will arrive as well.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
Katie
Just...way too serious.

what a year of extremes for me.

Bad car wreck in January left me having to learn to walk again...but out of adversity I gained love. Through the rest of the year I had him to keep me going. HE was hands down the best part of this year.

Then more bad in the end with the shooting, which pretty much turned my life upside down, and my own stupidity which brought chaos and uncertianty to my love life.

I plan to keep the best memories of this year, and leave the bookend tragedies behind me. Viva 2007!! may it bring peace and happiness back to my life and to all.

Last edited by Katie; 12-31-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

2006 has really changed my life. In 2005, I applied to numerous universities in order to get into a graduate teacher's program but no one accepted me. So, in 2006, I tried again and being persistent...I applied to 10 schools. Out of the 10 schools that I applied to, 2 accepted me. But another 4 or 5 asked for an interview so I was one of the finalists. In the midst of these interviews, a self-ran part-time job and stress levels, I finished my degree at Oregon State University. I moved to Southern Oregon for my graduate program in order to become a teacher. I am handling my stress levels in a 1 year graduate program rather well. I missed my brother's college graduation due to Denver's blizzard during the winter holidays. Now, I am half-way done with the program and I am scared/nervous. As a way to remind myself that I can get through this program, I have a TMNT mini in my school bag. Well, time has flown quickly in the last 365 days.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
Raven
follower of Jesus

I finished High School so that was a big step for me, lost a family memeber which took a tole on me as well. But besides those it was the year where I started to take up making films, I've found a new love that I can express my self with. Plus I've found a college that can teach me both art and film making here in MN that I cant wait to go to next year. Heh for the first time I dyed my hair to pink which through a lot of people off, other wise it was just a year of change and learning. Hope 2007 is even more fun.

Oh yeah and I entered the art contest on the offical Ninja turtles site and actually won, I was really shocked about that. Heh I got a really sweat prize with it, a 1st issue reprint of vol 1 with a sketch from laird. I'm trying to find something to put it in so I dont ruin it. Heh its been a good year for me art wise, I made male artist unchallenged at my school and even got in the paper for some of my art that I did at school. So yeah good year for art.

Last edited by Raven; 01-01-2007 at 02:51 AM.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:47 AM   #6
discordiatookie
facehugger

mine was a mixed bag, probably like most folks, but there was more good than bad. Here's a list:

*got my first tattoo
*still with the missus (our 1st year of being engaged is over! still not set a date yet)
*got a new nephew and a new niece (kieren and eden! one's my bro's, one's my sis's, and my other sis is brewing up a child right now - 7 months preggars!)
*seen both babyshambles and dirty pretty things live
i'm sure there's more cool stuff, but right now i cant think of any... oh yes! i joined the forums

crap stuff:

*got into a grand of debt with the credit card! i blame nintendo, ebay and concerts... i've learnt my lesson though!
*got into my first drunken fight (wasn't my fault! honest!)
*put on weight (i'm now 14 and a half stone! )
*still in the same crappy dead-end job
*never got a Wii yet

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:30 AM   #7
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate

Bad. Period.

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:28 AM   #8
Ra
It's my desire?

Pretty good, actually. I made new friends all over the place, I got to see two of my comedy idols live in their good bye tour (though I didn't get to meet them...), I saw myself come along quite a bit as an artist, I managed to get a position at the anime club as a member of the commitie for a few months...alright, it was my best year to date.

There was the bad stuff. I had fights with my parents, my mom and dad were arguing quite a bit, I had an infected finger (definately bad there), I offically lost touch with an old from from elementry school I swore to be best friends with forever...but out of it all, I came out smiling. I had the best year of my life, so I enjoyed it. May as well try to make the best of life while you are still on top

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:29 AM   #9
Barkworm
Super Moderator

This was a pretty good year but I ruined a lot of it by being a complete emo kid for a while. Never.Again. The year did lack some sort of accomplishment for me though.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #10
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
This was a pretty good year but I ruined a lot of it by being a complete emo kid for a while. Never.Again. The year did lack some sort of accomplishment for me though.
I pick this one as well.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
iris
moddy mod mod

hmm... ain't i little miss sunshine

In 2006:

I never did get laid off like I expected. I quit.

I wasn't crushed, stepped on, licked, kicked, or otherwise mauled by any farm animals. (I look forward to this changing in 2007.)

I still had the same number of fingers and toes as I had in 2005.

Jon finally self-published his album, after three years of 'almost done.'

I finally throttled back on the marketing obsession.

My immediate family members and close friends survived any brushes with death.

I lost religion, woke up, and got over my PTSD.

Nobody sent me hate mail, even after Jon published his album.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #12
Duke
Mad Scientist

Hmm...I've actually thought about how to describe 2006 for about a month now and the only thing I can say is "2006 was both the best and worst year of my life." That probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me but that is the only way to describe it. Some of the greatest things to ever happen to me occurred in 2006 along with some of the absolute worst. So, I guess I'm left praying 2007 beats 2006 as the best year of my life and comes no where close to touching 2006 for the worst year of my life.

Happy New Year!
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #13
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

BAD
  • I was diagnosed with Diabetes.
  • I got in a fight with my best friend. We now hate each other and haven't spoken in months.
  • I went to high school.
  • I was dumped for the first time.
  • I gained weight.

GOOD
  • I dumped my boyfriend.
  • I met Alaina and Aaron.

Damn.

EDIT: Actually, make the best friend one good, she's gross. :'D
Old 01-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #14
Death's Head
Foot Soldier

Good-I've found an exercise routine that may work for me, in the end of it all.

Bad-Just about everything else. School has been hectic, with poor grades and frustration on my part being common. That, and my mother consistently grounded me. I still am.

I'm hoping for the best, for this new year and age.
Death's Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #15
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

How does one define a 'bad' year? I figure, I'm here in 2007... So it must have been good.

Really, though, it had it's moments of good. But alot of bad, too. Family illness, and my own going on four-and-a-half-month illness really dampered it all.

But we're here... So here's hoping it gets better.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:03 PM   #16
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm ok with people bringing up old threads, I've never understood why it is considered a crime by some.
One fact: all the people who were around here in 2006 are now nowhere to be seen.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:58 AM   #17
Icebot
Foot Elite

My mother passed away in June 2007 from ALS so 2006 is a year for me to remember the last full year I had my mother. So it was our last 4th of July / Thanksgiving / Christmas, etc. together.

There were good things about 2006 like season 3 of ninja turtles 1987 being released on DVD and that allowed me to see episodes I haven’t seen in a decade so that was awesome! My sisters and I started to really like each other so I like to remember that.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 02:42 PM   #18
ABrown
Banned

Could you imagine if you told your 2006 self that 15 years later everyone would be walking around wearing face masks.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #19
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I wouldn't have been so surprised by the masks as I knew they were (and are) pretty common in places like Japan. I would have been more surprised to know that in the future I would have visited this board through a phone on a regular basis. Damn, I would have been even more surprised to know that 15 years later I would have been here talking about 2006!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:31 PM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Could you imagine if you told your 2006 self that 15 years later everyone would be walking around wearing face masks.
I think 27-year-old me would have been more surprised to know she'd be adding "pandemic" to the list of things she'd see in her lifetime... (Hopefully older me won't show up and tell me it isn't the only one.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote