The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-28-2022, 12:34 PM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

What have you done this summer so far?

And how much of it was spent not on these forums? Lol.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:53 PM   #2
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Took care of my parents during the week they had Covid

Bought a new $5000 AC after the old one broke down due to the heat

Sounds fun, right?

Old 07-28-2022, 12:59 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Not enough.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 01:45 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Uh... work on work days, sit on my ass on non-work days/hours and away from the heat searing the area to a crisp lately. Okay sometimes I'll actually move and brave it and take pity on our poor potted plants out there and go give them some water. The nearest thing to any summer activity I can offer you.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 01:50 PM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

Get yelled at a lot and thrown out of my house.

I really don't like Summer anymore.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 02:09 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I just went out and potted up a little vine-ish type plant we had a piece of in a glass of water in the kitchen, does that count?

Though, admittedly, as an east coaster I'm bored. Where are our hurricanes? "Careful what you wish for" and all, but keeping an eye on the status of one at least makes summer a little more interesting. Rain is getting a bit lacking without the remnants of the gulf coast storms coming through here.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 02:23 PM   #7
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

I went to a mini golf place with pals for my birthday in June, watched some of the Trigun anime, worked on some turtle art, rewatched seasons 1 and 2 of the Fred Wolf series with a few 2012 tmnt episodes

before all of that, I went to see the comedian Joe Lycett on tour and attended my first convention while in cosplay as Sonic

I bought some art and badges at the convention and I met some new people, I also got to perform a song for the cosplay talent show.

I've played a bit of Sonic Mania Plus on the Nintendo Switch which has been fun

I also watched Howls Moving Castle (I had seen a bit of it years before but not the full thing, it was a good movie)
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:29 PM   #8
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Been taking photos in towns and villages.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:34 PM   #9
IMJ
Emperor

Bought a new Mountain Bike and did a lot of that. It's the first bike I've owned probably since I was 15 and I'm totally hooked. The air, the sense of freedom, the work. It's more awesome in my head than having a bike should be. Also discovered some stuff in my town here that I didn't even know we had - some amazing nature trail stuff, a real cave (this was jaw dropping - I live in Illinois so finding an accessible cave was a real shock) and some other stuff that was a neat surprise.

We also tried our hands at some basic backyard farming this year. Something else that I haven't done since I was a kid with my parents. I'm hooked. Next year I'm going to clean and clear out this area that's now mulch and plants and do a proper array of maybe 5 or 6 various plants and see how that goes.

Also, that Mountain Bike has got me moving a lot more than the trap I had fallen into and since March I've been sneaking in a lot more workout activity, which I was desperately needing. I've also been drinking more protein than I have since probably 2017, so I've spent this Summer peeing pretty frequently.

Also remodeled my office, did 130 tiles of grout refresh at home and installed new floor and doors at Property #2.

Spent some time at a couple different backyard parties which was fun. The kind of parties you were bored at as a kid with your parents, but now sitting around with BBQ and drinks with a bunch of 40, 50 year-old somethings is just fine.

I sold my Zl1 a couple months back so I've pretty much abandoned the car scene completely and unfortunately I didn't get my ass into a pool even one time this year, let alone a lake or something. That would've been nice.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 02:48 PM   #10
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

** I worked at four swimming pools. A fifth pool job might be in the wings since it's open year-round, and the current location that I work for will close soon.

** I had a minor surgery to remove a fatty lump off of my butt. Currently dealing the remainder of this infection and more stitches could be a thing. (Some of them might have separated near an edge of the incision.)

** I found and temporary fostered two cats that I found at one of those pools that I worked at. I was heartbroken for a few weeks when the kitties went to Animal Defense League. My kitties weren't kind towards the other kitties that I found, and 8-10 hours of being gone for work isn't always beneficial for new kitties.

An honorable mention: I wanted to go back to college for the Fall Semester. A $1500 hospital bill might push me to go in the Spring / Fall Semester of '23.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote