The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-28-2021, 05:00 AM   #1
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

RTX 3060 for 500 or RTX 3060 TI for 650?

MY graphics card started dying after 6 years and 9 months. 3 days ago during games pc started crashing. I called my PC technician yesterday and checked it. What he found is that two of the 3 fans of the card dont work and only one work.
Now i have two choices
buy a new card
buy some fans for the card and replace the two that are burned
It goes up to 87c durigng games and is 50 c when i do other things on the pc like reading on the internet or wartcing a movie or a video or a episode of a series. Now as you know due to very high pc demand since march 2020 due to lockdowns, pc parts are very expensive. While a RTX 3060TI real price is 400, in my country it costs 650 and a rtx 3060 whose real price is 300 costs 500. I would had gone for RTX 3070 that normaly it would had cost 500 but it costs 800! My pc techcician was shocked yesterday when we saw the prices of graphics cards. Even RTX 3060 is much more powerful than gtx 970 but it is not a good choice compared to the other current graphics cards.
So do you agree i must get 3060ti for 650?
Old 08-28-2021, 08:09 AM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
MY graphics card started dying after 6 years and 9 months. 3 days ago during games pc started crashing. I called my PC technician yesterday and checked it. What he found is that two of the 3 fans of the card dont work and only one work.
Now i have two choices
buy a new card
buy some fans for the card and replace the two that are burned
It goes up to 87c durigng games and is 50 c when i do other things on the pc like reading on the internet or wartcing a movie or a video or a episode of a series. Now as you know due to very high pc demand since march 2020 due to lockdowns, pc parts are very expensive. While a RTX 3060TI real price is 400, in my country it costs 650 and a rtx 3060 whose real price is 300 costs 500. I would had gone for RTX 3070 that normaly it would had cost 500 but it costs 800! My pc techcician was shocked yesterday when we saw the prices of graphics cards. Even RTX 3060 is much more powerful than gtx 970 but it is not a good choice compared to the other current graphics cards.
So do you agree i must get 3060ti for 650?
I believe you can get replacement fans depending on what GPU you have.
https://www.gpufanreplacement.com/

I have a 1080 TI since 2017 and the fan on it still works, The thing is I have to use some software to change the fan curve when running a game, The fan won't ramp up when it reaches a certain temperature.

Download this software called MSI Afterburner, You can setup a custom fan curve so that the fans speed up when the GPU reaches a certain temperature.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 08-28-2021 at 08:16 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 03:23 PM   #3
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

i have this GTX 970 since 2014. Problem is, since October i have try to find A RTX 3070 or better but all shops i went are empty. Last time i went was one week ago and the employee there told me to come again back in a month. But then the graphics card was working. ok. So what do you think. Is my PC technician right when he says that it is not worth to pay those very high prices for a new graphics card and that it is better to get new fans to keep using it until prices and avalaibility are reduced? He also told me today that he will serach for fans and buy them then come to me and iwill install them on the card. He had a shop years ago who was selling and fixing/upgrading pcs so he knows where to get pc parts cheaper than other shops. Now i wait for him to buy and bring the new fans. When games crashes it shows a error mesage who says that the D3D device has stopped working or the D3D device has been removed please reconnectt the device.