The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The Future of Animated Tmnt crossovers

Even before the making of Turtles Forever, people were intrigued by the idea of turtles from two different cartoons meeting each other.

Then came Turtles Forever in 2009, and the Nick crossovers in 2016/2017. After all these crossovers, you would think many people became bored of this idea.

I can't speak on behalf of others, but I am still very much fascinated by the idea of 2 different sets of animated turtles meeting each other, and am curious to what the future of these crossovers will be. Do you want to see more animated tmnt crossovers in the future? If Yes, what would to see happen?

Me Personally:
1. I'd want future animated crossovers to focus on the turtle incarnations not yet covered in another show(2003 turtles especially, maybe Nick turtles meet Rise?)
2. No more 80s turtles. (Ok maybe a cameo would be fine, but I think they've had enough of the spotlight in Turtles Forever, and even then, were done full justice in the Nick crossovers afterwards in terms of bringing the original VAs back and portraying them more accurately), so I think its best to let them Rest in Peace.)
3. Have a different approach to the story, something different from having to save all turtle dimensions from being wiped out.
4. Possibly have a movie/cartoon crossover?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:48 PM   #2
sdp
-

Unless all the turtles are meeting each other, I'd rather any new team just meet the OT instead of say the previous team.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:47 AM   #3
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

[QUOTE=FredWolfLeonardo;1733815]3. Have a different approach to the story, something different from having to save all turtle dimensions from being wiped out.

They could maybe fight off a Krang or Kraang invasion or something.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:45 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

With or without the FW Turtles, I'd say let these things just die, please? It's a circle jerk to have two or more incarnations of the same thing crossover.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
circle jerk
I didn't know what this term meant, and boy did I recieve a nasty shock when I googled its definition.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
Overlord

I'm not a fan of it, but I'm afraid all four animated TMNT series (MWS, 4 Kids, Nickelodeon and Rise of the TMNT) will crossover and suddenly we'll have 16 turtles on the screen at the same time!
Old 12-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #7
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

I kinda feel like the crossover thing loses impact each time they do it.

Really, (while I doubt they'd make this) the crossover that would be most interesting to see would be FW/Mirage with no "current" version involved. Just the two most "Classic" versions in a very contrasting multi-dimensional adventure.

But, yeah while both the FW Turtles and the Mirage Turtles were a little mis-characterized, Turtles Forever still did the crossover thing first and they did it best. Trying to recreate that just seems less special each time.

Though the Nick versions did represent the FW better and if they do keep making these, hopefully one will represent the Mirage Turtles better too (I like the "motion comic" thing they did with them, though).
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #8
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
I kinda feel like the crossover thing loses impact each time they do it.

Really, (while I doubt they'd make this) the crossover that would be most interesting to see would be FW/Mirage with no "current" version involved. Just the two most "Classic" versions in a very contrasting multi-dimensional adventure.

But, yeah while both the FW Turtles and the Mirage Turtles were a little mis-characterized, Turtles Forever still did the crossover thing first and they did it best. Trying to recreate that just seems less special each time.

Though the Nick versions did represent the FW better and if they do keep making these, hopefully one will represent the Mirage Turtles better too (I like the "motion comic" thing they did with them, though).
Why not an Archie-Mirage crossover? (in comic form)
Old 12-09-2017, 12:03 PM   #9
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Why not an Archie-Mirage crossover? (in comic form)
I guess because Archie arguably isn't as "classic" but I still think comic tmnt should only cross over with comic tmnt, unless its a cameo like how the Mirage turtles had in Turtles Forever and Trans-Dimensional Turtles.

I think a neat idea would be to have to 2 different tmnt movie universes released during the same time frame and then they could have a crossover later on. Make one really light and funny while the other is dark and serious. A tmnt cinematic multiverse so to speak.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 12-09-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #10
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I think a neat idea would be to have to 2 different tmnt movie universes released during the same time frame and then they could have a crossover later on. Make one really light and funny while the other is dark and serious. A tmnt cinematic multiverse so to speak.
That's perfect (if needed at all). Mirage (debuting May 1984) is just four years older than Archie (debuting August 198.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 12-10-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #11
dragonside
Hench Mutant

I'd honestly like to see an adaptation like the Spider-verse, where all the spider-men meet.

However, we did see this, with Rocksteady and Bebop comic (sort of).
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:28 PM   #12
pferreira
Foot Elite

They're better off just creating individual adventures for each incarnation.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:59 AM   #13
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I guess because Archie arguably isn't as "classic" but I still think comic tmnt should only cross over with comic tmnt, unless its a cameo like how the Mirage turtles had in Turtles Forever and Trans-Dimensional Turtles.
If you ask me, Archie defines the "classic" era of TMNT just as much as Mirage, FW, and the Golden Harvest films do. Just think of how many classic TMNT characters that are well known to the fanbase, but barely existed (or didn't exist) in either Mirage or FW TMNT were defined by their Archie incarnations (Wingnut and Screwloose, Man-Ray, Wyrm, Null, Maligna, Cudley, Ninjara, Ace-Duck, etc.), not to mention concepts and images like the Turnstone, Stump Wrestling, Raph in the Dark suit, and frankly a much better take on Slash then what the cartoon had to offer.

Yeah, I'd be all in favor of a Mirage/Archie crossover. In fact, I remember reading that Peter Laird was even planning one for awhile, that incorporated Kirby's warp-crystal to make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira
They're better off just creating individual adventures for each incarnation.
Yeah, I keep saying that they oughta do like DC/WB and have a line of made-for-video animated movies. It could be a way to keep old incarnations live with occasional new adventures, and do direct panel-to-screen adaptations of comic stories without having to fit them into a kid-friendly TV show.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #14
Overlord

The Archie comics became a major source in some countries, where catching the animated series wasn't so easy.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
The Archie comics became a major source in some countries, where catching the animated series wasn't so easy.
What does that have to do with anything?
Hahahaha!
Old 12-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #16
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What does that have to do with anything?
It could potentially make a Mirage/Archie crossover more popular in those countries.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:45 PM   #17
Overlord

Archie–Mirage crossover would maybe help more people discovering Mirage.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #18
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Archie–Mirage crossover would maybe help more people discovering Mirage.
Or you know, promote the Mirage Studios comics like the true progenitor of the franchise it is, make as much of it as easily obtainable as is possible and stick closer to it in adaptations.

While the Archie series can be... Neglected as the cheap, outdated, poorly made piece of crap it is.
Hahahaha!
Old 12-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm willing to bet there's a 90% chance the 2012 Nick Turtles crossover with the 2018 show at some point.

1. Both shows are made at Nick.

2. Ciro and the Nick VA's would jump at the chance to revisit their incarnation since they would be brought back for the crossover.

3. As we get further into the 2018 show, say around Season 3 or so, that would be the year 2020 or more. By that point all the kids show grew up with the Nick show in 2012 will be old and nostalgic for it. Perfect time for a crossover.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:41 AM   #20
Overlord

second season

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
3. As we get further into the 2018 show, say around Season 3 or so, that would be the year 2020 or more. By that point all the kids show grew up with the Nick show in 2012 will be old and nostalgic for it. Perfect time for a crossover.
We don't even know if we will get a second season.