The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-29-2017, 12:38 AM   #101
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Cause they will have the other division who had done previous bad games work on it, TMNT needs a developer that actually cares, and puts a lot of time and effort to make a game that everyone and the critics will love, and not make a game that's just a cash grab.
Sounds to me like, especially since it's Activision that was doing this at the time, more of a publisher problem. If the publisher gives the devs 100 bucks in September and says "have it out by Christmas" or whatever, there's only so much they can do.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:08 AM   #102
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Question

so who has them now ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:19 AM   #103
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Regular people don't want that or care about that.
No, you don't care. There's a difference...

Quote:
I'd love to see a kind of remake of TMNT 1 on NES with 3D maps and even more involved gameplay.
Considering TMNT 1 is seen as quite poor you're in the minority there.

Quote:
For... nostalgiacs. No mass market appeal, niche low-cost, low-profit market only.
Yeah because cared about games like Shovel Knight, Super Meat Boy, Freedom Planet etc. Andrew you may know a lot about TMNT but your knowledge of what people want to play leaves a lot to be desired...
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #104
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

What he means is that if you take the basis of the NES game and possibly translate it into a 3D game and maybe expanding upon it, it can turn out to be interesting. You just need to execute carefully.

The ability to play as your favorite turtle and explore around the city and enter different buildings, sewers, facilities, water, etc. is actually a great idea for a game alongside fighting enemies. It can also provide us with some challenging puzzles that can keep us on our toys. The dam level challenge may be annoying in the NES game but if you take that idea, bring it into a 3D space, and tweak it a bit, it gives us a sense of variety to add to the game. Sort of like the Riddler challenges from Batman Arkham City. It gives a variety of things and activities to do. Options.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:23 PM   #105
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
What he means is that if you take the basis of the NES game and possibly translate it into a 3D game and maybe expanding upon it, it can turn out to be interesting.

The ability to play as your favorite turtle and explore around the city and enter different buildings, sewers, facilities, water, etc. is actually a great idea for a game alongside fighting enemies. It can also provide us with some challenging puzzles that can keep us on our toys. The dam level challenge may be annoying in the NES game but if you take that idea, bring it into a 3D space, and tweak it a bit, it gives us a sense of variety to add to the game. Sort of like the Riddler challenges from Batman Arkham City. It gives a variety of things and activities to do. Options!
And maybe drive around the city in the Turtle Van.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #106
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Well I'd rather it'd be a stealth vehicle but you get what I'm saying. Turtle Van could be an alternative skin though.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #107
Prowler
Emperor

The 1st TMNT NES game done right would make a pretty damn good game. Fix the controls, especially the god damn jumping, and don't respawn enemies. There. Suddenly the game seems a whole lot smoother, right?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:13 PM   #108
AquaParade
Banned

I'd like to see a tmnt rpg in the style of FFXV or even Persona. Turn-based or not, I think that direction could provide a chance to feel like you're playing as the whole team, and also allow for a focus on story and characters.

Maybe something like X-Men Legens, even.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #109
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'd like to see a tmnt rpg in the style of FFXV or even Persona. Turn-based or not
Now we're talking. That'd be a hell of a thing to see. Not turn-based, though... that would seem odd in a TMNT game. The action needs to flow.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #110
Prowler
Emperor

What about asandbox GTA like TMNT game with Sleeping Dog's combat system?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:51 PM   #111
sdp
-

sandbox games are expensive, it'll never happen.

Another Smash Bros. or Power Stone clone should be a good fit for TMNT. It's been done before with Smash Up and Mutant Melee but they both failed to live up their potential but it's there.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:01 AM   #112
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'd like to see a tmnt rpg in the style of FFXV or even Persona. Turn-based or not, I think that direction could provide a chance to feel like you're playing as the whole team, and also allow for a focus on story and characters.

Maybe something like X-Men Legens, even.
A TMNT RPG would be interesting and fun.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #113
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
sandbox games are expensive, it'll never happen.
I'd say if they do a sandbox game it should be something they should build up to. Iike maybe the first game is set in a small area which gives you limited area to explore . If it sells well aND you get to do a sequel you upgrade to like a handful of hub worlds and if you manage to do a third you've proved theres enough interest in your series to justify doing a fully free roam new york complete with tmnt vehicles and buildings and sewers you can enter

Tags
activision, video games