The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #41
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Actually, I think both Clone Spidey and Electric Superman are more entertaining to read now, knowing it was just a temporary thing. At the time they were supposed to be permanent changes, and it was just frustrating to read. It's why I'm glad there's no shortage of Elseworlds and What Ifs out there to explore those kooky ideas... we get to have our cake and eat it, too.

Except "Superman: At Earth's End". Don't go near that.
True enough Leo.

I dig AUs more than mainstream continuity anyday, I see mainstream as just a playpen for untested writers and all kinds of ridiculous ideas rather than a"end-all/be-all" straight laced vision of what a universe ought to resemble. Some characters are better suited to AUs than others and Spidey is one of them. I could easily follow and forgive the creative choices in ensemble groups like X-Men, Avengers and FF because of how their roster goes up and down, or with characters like Ms. Marvel and Silver Surfer that have a breif career resurgence for a bit before sales plummet and their books are cancelled.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 01-25-2014 at 08:20 AM.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man