Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-05-2024, 12:36 PM   #1
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants Unleashed [Multiplatform; late 2024]

https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusi...-ninja-turtles

Quote:
Summer of last year, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem hit theaters and blew away both critics and fans, easily becoming one of the best TMNT projects released in decades. While a follow-up film is in the works, we’re also getting a tie-in game for Switch, and it’s coming out later this year.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants Unleashed is coming from Paramount, Nickelodeon and Outright Games, with development behind handled by A Heartful of Games. While we don’t know the full details on this title yet, we do have some bullet points to share.
Quote:
The 3D brawler/platformer picks up after the events of Mutant Mayhem; the Turtles have been accepted by society following their heroics against Superfly and his band of mutants. Unfortunately, their dream of attending high school as average, everyday students is suddenly interrupted by a new wave of mutants invading New York City. Featuring an all-original storyline, Mutants Unleashed aims to have the same brand of humor as the 2023 film.

Players take control of the four hero turtles, each with a unique playstyle, as they fight their way through the sewers and streets of New York. Outright Games touts how immersive both the world above and below ground is, as well as the cast of familiar faces for the brothers to meet and fight. As co-op is a massive piece of the history of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles video games, players can enjoy two-player local co-op in Mutants Unleashed.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants Unleashed is set to arrive near the end of this year for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Takeaways:
  • 3D brawler/platformer
  • the game picks up after the events of Mutant Mayhem
  • a new wave of mutants invades New York City
  • all-original storyline
  • looks to retain the same brand of humor as the 2023 film
  • take control of the four turtles, each with a unique playstyle
  • fight your way through the sewers and streets of New York
  • features a cast of familiar faces
  • two-player local co-op

Honestly, this looks higher quality than I would have imagined. I probably will be getting this! Let's discuss!

Last edited by Zulithe; 03-05-2024 at 12:51 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:01 PM   #2
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Yeah, it certainly looks more interesting than I was expecting, given the publisher's track record. Also surprised that they're not rushing it out and it's coming late in the year. Might be worth keeping an eye on.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 03:17 PM   #3
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Looks cool. Still not expecting much but hopefully It is a fun game at the least.

Glad this isn’t a mobile game

The fourth image has way too much fog going on. I hope they tone that down because the artwork for the game looks quite nice.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 04:07 PM   #4
The Deadman
Foot Elite

So we're getting this AND the arcade port? Good lord we're being spoiled as Turtles gamers.

Last Movie Watched: Infested (2023).
Last TV Show Watched: Ghosts US (S1:E10).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 05:38 AM   #5
TMNT2012
Mouser

My god guys. We wait months for an update on this, then get 2 games announced within days of each other? A 2012 based arcade beat em up & Mutant Mayhem sequel? We are being spoilt and I love it. Looks surprisingly good - I was concerned and still am sceptical, as their current catalogue isn't anything to shout about, but if it's fun at least, then that's more than I was expecting.

I will say, I figured it would be a quick, cheap cash-in for the movie arriving on home video, but if its out later this year, then I'm hoping to be proven wrong.
TMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 06:52 AM   #6
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Caught more photos that have been released online and they look pretty nice! This definitely has a better look to it overall than I was expecting, and hopefully, it turns out to be a good one.

I remember being cautious when I saw that it was published by Outright Games, but apparently, the developer team behind it had some pretty good reviews on a hack-and-slash/3D brawler game they made called Heart&Slash.

Guess we'll see how this goes! I would still love more games based on the classic series, but I guess 2022 was that year to be spoiled with Shredder's Revenge and Cowabunga Collection.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:06 AM   #7
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

more screenshots

Old 03-06-2024, 09:10 AM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

TMNT has a pretty solid history in licensed gaming, so I'm sure this will be solid.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 11:18 AM   #9
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Your sarcasm is showing! It's only a 39.99 game so we know how those tend to go. At least I think the graphics look pretty and match the MM style very well. How well it will be as an actual game, guess we'll find out.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:21 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
TMNT has a pretty solid history in licensed gaming
Better than most, but fairly checkered, I'd say. We got one original game, about 30 rehashes of an arcade game after that then a handful of half-finished or barely-there games that nobody played (the 2007 game, the 4Kids games, Mutants in Manhattan, Out of the Shadows, etc.). And the latest additions in the past few years are just one game that re-packages the 30 rehashes of the arcade game together in one box and the other one is a brand new arcade game rehash.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 03:09 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

The track record for 3D TMNT games has always been poor though. Anything that isn't a 2D game has never done well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 05:56 PM   #12
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

^ Another reason why 2022 was such a great year for Turtle video games. Both of the most successful releases in years dropped within months of each other.

I'll definitely give this a shot. Might use some Amazon credits to get it a cheaper price when it eventually goes on sale. We thinking fall or holiday 2024?
Old 03-07-2024, 06:34 PM   #13
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Your sarcasm is showing! It's only a 39.99 game so we know how those tend to go. At least I think the graphics look pretty and match the MM style very well. How well it will be as an actual game, guess we'll find out.
That perception might be more about you than me, man. I wasn't being sarcastic. TMNT does have a good history in gaming. This game will probably be fun. It doesn't mean that I suddenly like "Mayhem".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Better than most, but fairly checkered, I'd say. We got one original game, about 30 rehashes of an arcade game after that then a handful of half-finished or barely-there games that nobody played (the 2007 game, the 4Kids games, Mutants in Manhattan, Out of the Shadows, etc.). And the latest additions in the past few years are just one game that re-packages the 30 rehashes of the arcade game together in one box and the other one is a brand new arcade game rehash.
Did you ever play TMNT '07 on the PS2? I loved it - mindless fun. And the PS4 game was terrific as well - sort of in the same vein as the PS4 Transformers game.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:13 PM   #14
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

It's a reflection of my perception of you.

I'm glad you are on the positive about this game though. Make sure to buy a copy and support it please
Old 03-07-2024, 08:38 PM   #15
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Keep your expectations in check, this is a movie licensed game after all and we all know how those are. Definitely wait for reviews before buying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
So we're getting this AND the arcade port? Good lord we're being spoiled as Turtles gamers.
Not until we get that Last Ronin game.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 04:31 PM   #16
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

If this is anything like Battle for Bikini Bottom, and judging from the description and screenshots It just might, I will be 100%ing it.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 04:41 PM   #17
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Just because its 40 bucks at the start doesn't mean the game is bad.

Last Movie Watched: Infested (2023).
Last TV Show Watched: Ghosts US (S1:E10).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 06:58 AM   #18
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose18 View Post
If this is anything like Battle for Bikini Bottom, and judging from the description and screenshots It just might, I will be 100%ing it.
I doubt it's anything like that game. We need to see gameplay footage.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 12:45 PM   #19
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants Unleashed - Walmart Edition (PS4/PS5/Xbox/Switch) up for preorder at Walmart ($39.99)

Includes:
-Steelbook
-Deluxe Edition Pin Set
-Deluxe Edition Artbook
-Key Chain Set
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-M...n-5/5337847059
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-M...tch/5337847068
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-M...n-4/5347546353
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-M...s-X/5337847060
Old 04-11-2024, 02:51 PM   #20
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

There is a Gamestop Exclusive Unleashed Defender's Edition at $199.99 edition, lol.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games...-5/407863.html

Quote:

The Collector's Edition is loaded with exclusive collectibles such as an iconic pizza van statue, a gnarly neon pizza sign, a radical artbook PLUS access to the season pass for more awesome content!

The TMNT: Mutants Unleashed – Defender's Edition includes:

Season Pass
Pizza Van Statue
LED Sign
5 Pin Badges
4 Patches
Mouse Mat
Notebook
Pen
Artbook
Poster
Stickers
Collectors Box
So... this game will have a season pass apparently. I think that's new info.