The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-31-2022, 01:20 AM   #21
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Hmm...I wonder if Barlow will agree to work for me and give me some of his mutants for my army.. If not i will kill him. It seems what he do is mutate humans and animals and then add some robotic parts to them to make them even more powerful. Such mutants that are half mutants and half robots will be more useful for my army than normal mutants that i have now.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:59 AM   #22
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Some concept art from Sophie's twitter:

Spoiler:
Old 03-31-2022, 05:41 AM   #23
neatoman
Emperor

Well, the human form is cute but... It sure opens up a lot of questions given what we already know.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 06:52 AM   #24
ChosenOne
Banned

So Venus was human and mutated into one of the Frogs, and Barlow then grafted pieces of the cloned Turtles to her body, right? Or is it the other way around?

But she doesn't have the dragon scale on her back yet, so I wonder what that blue energy that's keeping her alive is...

When we add together Barlow's access to the dragon scales, the technology and genetic material to produce Turtle clones, and the mention of Raph's captivity by the EPF, it becomes pretty obvious they have a hand in this and someone there is clearly Barlow's mysterious benefactor with a view to generate bad PR for mutants.

On top of everything else we know is coming, it would be pretty insane (in a good way) if he were back.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:37 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
This book continues to suck and this issue went DARK and not in a good way. The art sucked. Both a & b covers are terrible and that last page... I got no good words for this book. Hope for cancellation & move on. l:
I don't see the problem with this issue, the Utrom/Tricraton plot continued at a good pace and Dr. Barlow and his mutation experiments is actually interesting so far. This issue would feel perfectly at home in Tom Waltz run, it's almost written the exact same way.

The art I could take or leave, but I guess its fitting for this type of story.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:53 PM   #26
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This issue would feel perfectly at home in Tom Waltz run, it's almost written the exact same way.
It is, isn't it? Funny that. Funny, funny, funny.
Old 03-31-2022, 04:03 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Ugh, the fact that Venus started out as human makes all the other **** done to her a lot worse.

Honesty she should just take herself out. She can't even be demutated back to normal since her body isn't entirely hers.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:15 PM   #28
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I'm more invested in what's been happening in the last two issues plus the annual but I'm pretty f#cking tired of "new, edgy teenage mutant ninja turtles". How many mutant turtles has this series had now???

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So... Uh... Barlow is the Rat King in disguise or his puppet, right? He clearly seems like he mutated into a rat and has two rat servants. Not to mention how he is somehow able to tap into the mystical nature of the Dragon. I don't really feel like putting this in spoilers, it seems kind of obvious that there is some connection. If it doesn't turn out there is one, it would certainly be a red herring.
Honestly, if Barlow has no connection to Rat King then that's just kinda sloppy worldbuilding. How many creepy, ratlike antagonists do we need? But it's also so incredibly on-the-nose...
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:27 PM   #29
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
How many mutant turtles has this series had now???
  1. Leo
  2. Raph
  3. Don
  4. Mike
  5. Slash
  6. Slash Clone #1
  7. Slash Clone #2
  8. Jennika
  9. Lita
  10. Tokka
  11. Venus

And that intentionally leaves out alternate timelines and background trash.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:09 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

I count Future Lita too, she was around just as much as the Slash clones and wasn't just a background character.
Old 03-31-2022, 07:32 PM   #31
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

In either case, we can basically say a dozen. God damn that's a lot of turtles
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:35 PM   #32
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I don't think the Slash clones really count, since they weren't really characters, but even without them there's still 10, which is quite a lot.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:20 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Lita at the very least should not have been a turtle, she could have been any other kind of reptile or amphibian mutant. I really don't know why they added her when they just had Jennika mutated 3 issues prior.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:27 PM   #34
Allio
Foot Elite

I kind of find those other turtles fitting the classification of say Doggie Krueger in Dekaranger/power Rangers SPD where he is treated as an “extra” hero.

So you would have the main team + Sixth (in this case the 4 turtles and Jennika) and the extra turtles (Slash, Lita, Tokka, Venus)
Old 04-01-2022, 10:15 AM   #35
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

I mostly liked this one. I am stoked that we are getting more pre-101 type vibes. I am hoping that the good Doctor is actually talking to Null. I could see a history where he was a contracted scientist who was working for her.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 05:35 PM   #36
red1981
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
I mostly liked this one. I am stoked that we are getting more pre-101 type vibes. I am hoping that the good Doctor is actually talking to Null. I could see a history where he was a contracted scientist who was working for her.
i think hes working for null
red1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 06:14 PM   #37
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

I think he is working for krang. he mentioned wanting the body so I suspect krang want him to separate him from leatherhead.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:51 PM   #38
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

So far, I'm glad that the plot finally seems to be back on track, and I'm glad that the tone has finally changed back into an action-adventure story from an overly gooey slice-of-life. And I usually like slice-of-life, but even I have my limits.

Thought I am slighly worried about Seri, given that she's being aged up and given the context of her only other appearnce back in Mirage, as well as the fact that Michaelangelo is currently the only turtle with no love interest. I really don't want any more weird romances in this comic, especially right on the cusp of finally getting back on track.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:28 AM   #39
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
I think he is working for krang. he mentioned wanting the body so I suspect krang want him to separate him from leatherhead.
Good catch. I assumed he meant the rest of the Dragon's body, which the EPF must have in storage, but that works too.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:29 AM   #40
ShaneHero
Mouser

Does anyone know where the Kevin Eastman 127 Huntsville Con cover can be purchased from?
ShaneHero is offline   Reply With Quote