The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-04-2022, 09:48 PM   #3521
italianice388
Stone Warrior

and the production delays are insane
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:16 AM   #3522
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
I’ve been Mia for a while… but this super 7 line, seems to go cheaper after the figures get released…. I bought in , in to the first inicial waves.. but they always seem to go cheaper 2-5 months after.. I hate this..
You forgot to mention that they're also fixed. Anyone (me) preordering day 1 is not only getting these at their most expensive, they're also getting the inferior version.

I'm not saying that's always going to be the case but that's pretty darn accurate so far.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:24 AM   #3523
mikey0
Foot Elite

Preternia’s review of the Raphael reissue: https://www.preternia.com/2022/06/su...sion-2-review/
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 11:42 AM   #3524
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Preternia’s review of the Raphael reissue: https://www.preternia.com/2022/06/su...sion-2-review/
I think that article inadvertently highlights one of the big problems with Super7 - wait a bit and you'll get a cheaper, superior figure.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 02:13 PM   #3525
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
I think that article inadvertently highlights one of the big problems with Super7 - wait a bit and you'll get a cheaper, superior figure.
I'm definately taking a step back. Super7 TMNT you can get for $39.99 at amazon. This shows they are now over-produced and the resellers are taking a loss to move the product. How can a line sustain itself when people start seeing this kind of trend with Super7?
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:35 PM   #3526
SleepDrifter
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I'm definately taking a step back. Super7 TMNT you can get for $39.99 at amazon. This shows they are now over-produced and the resellers are taking a loss to move the product. How can a line sustain itself when people start seeing this kind of trend with Super7?
Since these are made to order Super7 will continue to produce figures. Kyle recently said in the most recent interview with SpeakyGeeky, they will continue to produce TMNT figures for as long as they have the license. Brian also recently hinted that the TMNT license is also their bread and butter. So although you may be seeing a decline in how many retailers will be purchasing these by the dozen, it’s unlikely they will stop the line while they continue to pay for the term of their license.
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:24 PM   #3527
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
Since these are made to order Super7 will continue to produce figures. Kyle recently said in the most recent interview with SpeakyGeeky, they will continue to produce TMNT figures for as long as they have the license. Brian also recently hinted that the TMNT license is also their bread and butter. So although you may be seeing a decline in how many retailers will be purchasing these by the dozen, it’s unlikely they will stop the line while they continue to pay for the term of their license.
Now, if they can only figure out a way to incentivize early adopters (not that they are obligated in any way to do so).
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 06:50 AM   #3528
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Now, if they can only figure out a way to incentivize early adopters (not that they are obligated in any way to do so).
Right. Seems pretty obvious now that pre-ordering these is NOT the way to go, and instead you should wait until they hit Amazon, NTWRK, etc for less than retail. Maybe you'll even get lucky and it will be a re-release with improved articulation and more accessories!
Old 06-16-2022, 12:21 PM   #3529
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Maybe you'll even get lucky and it will be a re-release with improved articulation and more accessories!
and sold for less
Old 06-16-2022, 01:02 PM   #3530
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Not TMNT but there's a new wave of Toxic Crusaders up from Super7. I'm sure I'm not the only one that mixed these in with their vintage turtles as a kid. They look fantastic and I'm actually semi tempted... unlike TMNT, I don't see these being available for less later on and likely won't get the re-release treatment either.

https://super7.com/collections/toxic...timates-wave-3

Last edited by mikey see; 06-17-2022 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:26 PM   #3531
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Not TMNT but there's a new wave of Toxic Crusaders up from Super7. I'm sure I'm not the only one that mixed these in with their vintage turtles as a kid. They look fantastic and I'm actually semi tempted... unlike TMNT, I don't see these being available for less later on and likely won't get the re-release treatment either.

https://super7.com/collections/toxic...ts/new-combo-4
A shame we never got a TMNT/Toxic Crusaders crossover with Playmates holding both toy licenses (and TROMA almost doing the first TMNT movie).

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 03:06 PM   #3532
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I'm seriously considering these, given that completing the vintage lineup costs as much or more in this case. And I'm glad to see the paint splash effect on Junkyard's legs and Toxie's mop, hopefully they apply that to more of the series as it just doesn't feel right to me without that. I ordered and then canceled all the Toxies so far because I talked myself out over the pricing, plus the fact that it was just him. Harder to resist if a full set is in the cards.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 05:18 AM   #3533
Robogeek1973
Thug

Quote:

Picking up Toxie and Junkyard at the very least.

I look forward to seeing Junkyard chasing Scratch up a tree pics.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:00 AM   #3534
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I just wish there was a bit of an all-in discount. Like, ok they're $55 apiece. Or you can get the bundle for $165... why even offer that option when it's the exact same price? I remember getting a $5 discount for one of the early TMNT waves. Gimme $5 and I'll spend $160, I'm that much of a sucker.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:42 PM   #3535
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I just wish there was a bit of an all-in discount. Like, ok they're $55 apiece. Or you can get the bundle for $165... why even offer that option when it's the exact same price? I remember getting a $5 discount for one of the early TMNT waves. Gimme $5 and I'll spend $160, I'm that much of a sucker.
yeah even 5 bucks for an all in bundle would be nice.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 08:57 PM   #3536
teemu
Stone Warrior

Someone at joe con was selling Super7 TMNT ultimates (and a few of other brands) for $25 each.....again, super7 has overproduced these, made to order or not.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:06 AM   #3537
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I just hope the GI Joe Ultimates get the same treatment. I'm not grabbing those at $55 apiece but if they can be had for $30-$40 I'll definitely pick up a few.

To stay on topic, seems like we'll hopefully start seeing this next wave pop up in the next month or so, right? This is the first wave I didn't fully buy (only got 2) so I'm less excited for it, but I'm definitely curious to see how the mutants turned out. I especially hope Ray Fillet is done well.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:16 AM   #3538
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I just hope the GI Joe Ultimates get the same treatment. I'm not grabbing those at $55 apiece but if they can be had for $30-$40 I'll definitely pick up a few.

To stay on topic, seems like we'll hopefully start seeing this next wave pop up in the next month or so, right? This is the first wave I didn't fully buy (only got 2) so I'm less excited for it, but I'm definitely curious to see how the mutants turned out. I especially hope Ray Fillet is done well.
There is a good chance you'll get them for that price. I''m sure the Joe line will also be over produced too and go on discount. And if it does, it's not a good thing for any line as people will just start to catch on.

The next 2 TMNT waves are in production and will probably ship out next month. Probably will see wave 5 and 6 in hand around Aug/Sept
Old 06-27-2022, 02:17 PM   #3539
SleepDrifter
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Someone at joe con was selling Super7 TMNT ultimates (and a few of other brands) for $25 each.....again, super7 has overproduced these, made to order or not.
I think that actually means that vendors over purchased… not that Super7 over produced. It’s not like Super7 is pumping these things out to independent vendors trying to offload their overstock. It means vendors thought if they bought them at the asking price and hung on to them for a year when people can no longer pre-order, these were going to be much more valuable. Unfortunately for them, tons of independent vendors all thought the same thing. Now we are seeing a high inventory market with very little demand.
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:46 PM   #3540
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
I think that actually means that vendors over purchased… not that Super7 over produced. It’s not like Super7 is pumping these things out to independent vendors trying to offload their overstock. It means vendors thought if they bought them at the asking price and hung on to them for a year when people can no longer pre-order, these were going to be much more valuable. Unfortunately for them, tons of independent vendors all thought the same thing. Now we are seeing a high inventory market with very little demand.
this is true too....So I guess it's the vendors fault for over ordering...but it's still not good for the line overall. Waiting till they hit $75 a figure. It's coming