The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-19-2016, 09:16 PM   #1
mrmaczaps
Banned

Second amendment

Do you support the 2nd amendment?

Do you own guns or just believe in folks inalienable rights to bear arms?

If you own guns, do you go target shooting often?

Hunting?

Discuss!
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

I support it, but I do not necessarily want to make use of it. I just feel that the right should remain.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

I firmly believe in the second amendment.

I do not yet own any guns. But I will own a small handgun for worst case scenarios when I get my own place.

I don't see the joy in hunting for fun. It seems too harsh for me.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #4
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I support it, but I do not necessarily want to make use of it. I just feel that the right should remain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post

Same^^^.

I've never had need of a gun, probably never will.

Last edited by Commenter 42; 09-19-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:55 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Do you support the 2nd amendment?

Do you own guns or just believe in folks inalienable rights to bear arms?

If you own guns, do you go target shooting often?

Hunting?

Discuss!
Absolutely, without question. I don't really go hunting... I just like to go camping in the deep forest. I also like to do so with a lot of guns so I can blow away a grizzly or cougar that wants to make a meal of my camping party. I can't even imagine doing the kind of camping we do without at least a gun or two... not going out like the Grizzly Man. Target shooting, sure.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I support the Right to Bear arms not the right to own Military Grade Assault rifles and other military guns. Also The NRA are some paranoid Freaks.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:06 PM   #7
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Thanks for the honest answer.

I used to feel this way as well. I don't hunt but I found myself feeling afraid of guns and I had been in scouting as a kid til I was 17. Never really used one since. Once or twice shooting a friend's revolver. But I decided I needed to figure out why I was afraid of them and to make myself not be afraid of them just because. I am in awe of their destructive nature but no longer do I fear just guns because.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:08 PM   #8
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I firmly believe in the second amendment.

I do not yet own any guns. But I will own a small handgun for worst case scenarios when I get my own place.

I recently purchased a Ruger American to both allow myself use of the second amendment as well as to be prepared for such a day, worst case scenario.

I don't huntil either but most because I like my food dead prior to seeing it, lol.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:10 PM   #9
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Absolutely, without question. I don't really go hunting... I just like to go camping in the deep forest. I also like to do so with a lot of guns so I can blow away a grizzly or cougar that wants to make a meal of my camping party. I can't even imagine doing the kind of camping we do without at least a gun or two... not going out like the Grizzly Man. Target shooting, sure.
I kind of figured we would agree here. Seems like it's just smoking that would be an issue (at least so far...lol).

I haven't been camping in ages, but I do believe the last time I did go, one of the guns had a shot gun for animal protection/defense.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:16 PM   #10
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I support the Right to Bear arms not the right to own Military Grade Assault rifles and other military guns. Also The NRA are some paranoid Freaks.
I would encourage you to look more into the NRA on your own. I myself am not a member but they are not the "evil corporate enemy" that the newspapers make them out to be... I'mean learning too there but so far, not nearly as bad as thearly news says.

As far as type of weapons, I believe he the people should be able to own and maintain weapons of at least near the same capacity as their government. Not every single person needs heat seeking missiles but our enemies have access via black market arms... likely last year's model so to speak... I could be wrong, but it could be true. I don't trust the government to do the right thing so much as they do what makes them the most money. (Also, my old job saw lots of government over spending and throwing away piles of money, just because...)
Old 09-19-2016, 11:47 PM   #11
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Funny I was just thinking of this today. There was an episode of What Would You Do? (hidden cam show) where a dad was buying a gun for his kid as the setup and there was actually some people defending it him.

I was surprised some said teaching a kid to fire a gun was a good idea and have purchased them for their kids. Like the lower grade ones. Assuming the show is genuine, which I believe so (regaurdless I'm sure there are people like this in real life).

I'm not against guns but other than like collecting or hunting (which I don't do anyway) I see so no legitimate reason for a civilian to have or be carrying around a gun. In my opinion its just arrogant.

I can kinda see as a self-defense thing in your home for a worst case scenario but even then...you should just try to get out. Not face an intruder.

There were commercials last year I think for small handguns that were all "be prepared" "have the confidence" something like that. One had a girl who thought someone was breaking in so she went and got her gun. The ad made no effort to say the obvious...call 911.

Just carrying around a gun is so arrogant imo. Like ooh look at you

If you need to carry around a gun you're either...full of yourself or have gotten yourself into one bad situation.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:01 AM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I support the Right to Bear arms not the right to own Military Grade Assault rifles and other military guns.
You can't buy "Military Grade Assault Rifles."

Quote:
Also The NRA are some paranoid Freaks.
I'm not going to say they're beyond reproach, but sometimes they are the only thing stepping between the 100% anti-gun crazies and a battle of attrition that ends with gun rights being completely stripped away. It's not paranoia... the government would be absolutely thrilled if there was 0 right to bear arms.

In fact, it kind of goes hand in hand with the smoking thing. Within just 2 decades, it's gone little by little from... oh, you have to smoke in the smoking section, to oh, no smoking section, to oh, go outside and smoke, to oh, no, go 20 feet away from any entrance, to no smoking in this whole street, even your own home or balcony in many cases. Imagine another 10 years.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-20-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:07 AM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I haven't been camping in ages, but I do believe the last time I did go, one of the guns had a shot gun for animal protection/defense.
Packed with slugs, I hope. Bear skulls are super thick and they can still Leonardo DiCaprio you if you don't take them down in one.

Camping trips aside, though, we deserve the right to defend ourselves in any situation. Maybe it doesn't work out and maybe it does, but the idea that the only "right" thing to do in a situation where some crazy is going door to door down the hallway making swiss cheese out of everyone is ducking into a cupboard and calling and waiting on 911 to save you is beyond insane to me. And if loved ones are involved? Reprehensible. Don't be a sheep.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-20-2016 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:30 AM   #14
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Funny I was just thinking of this today. There was an episode of What Would You Do? (hidden cam show) where a dad was buying a gun for his kid as the setup and there was actually some people defending it him.

I was surprised some said teaching a kid to fire a gun was a good idea and have purchased them for their kids. Like the lower grade ones. Assuming the show is genuine, which I believe so (regaurdless I'm sure there are people like this in real life).

I'm not against guns but other than like collecting or hunting (which I don't do anyway) I see so no legitimate reason for a civilian to have or be carrying around a gun. In my opinion its just arrogant.

I can kinda see as a self-defense thing in your home for a worst case scenario but even then...you should just try to get out. Not face an intruder.

There were commercials last year I think for small handguns that were all "be prepared" "have the confidence" something like that. One had a girl who thought someone was breaking in so she went and got her gun. The ad made no effort to say the obvious...call 911.

Just carrying around a gun is so arrogant imo. Like ooh look at you

If you need to carry around a gun you're either...full of yourself or have gotten yourself into one bad situation.
Have you ever had to call 911 and wait for the cops to get there? In Minnesota, a good guy with a gun shot the aloha snack bar yelling muslim that had been standing people... Im sure the next guy in line was grateful the good guy with the gun was around.

When it an emergency situation, I would much rather been seen as arrogant for carrying my self defense weapon on my hip than be found dead on the ground when the cops shoe up.

Are you afraid of guns? I grew up in scouts. We learned first BB guns. It was along with cooking, one of the things I most enjoyed about the program. In my teens, I got out of scouts and didn't shoot another gun until about Ren years ago... I actually was nervous and haven't shot since but like I said, I carry now and am getting ready to take a class. I'm the first line of defense to protect myself and anyone around me. I'm responsible for my well-being... Its like eating better...that's on me. Protecting myself is on me.

It has nothing to do with being arrogant. Or even being weak. Or trying to show off. I dont open carry, but i support the right to do that as well... I just don't recommend it if the person is alone.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:34 AM   #15
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
You can't buy "Military Grade Assault Rifles."

I'm not going to say they're beyond reproach, but sometimes they are the only thing stepping between the 100% anti-gun crazies and a battle of attrition that ends with gun rights being completely stripped away. It's not paranoia... the government would be absolutely thrilled if there was 0 right to bear arms.

In fact, it kind of goes hand in hand with the smoking thing. Within just 2 decades, it's gone little by little from... oh, you have to smoke in the smoking section, to oh, no smoking section, to oh, go outside and smoke, to oh, no, go 20 feet away from any entrance, to no smoking in this whole street, even your own home or balcony in many cases. Imagine another 10 years.
Andrew, smoking is one thing I wish could go away. As someone who literally can't breath around folks smoking... I could go outside again if smoking went away... Although, even then, some people wouldn't stop... I would rather folks rolled their own rather than smoking factory rolled ones if that makes sense... A friend I used to have rolled his own and I didn't find it was as bothered by those as store bought ones... But his was JUST tobacco so that's likely most of it... I would say if smokers could respect the rules and those who don't smoke, things would be easier. I tend to go to places that don't allow it for that purpose and hate when people smoke anyways...
Old 09-20-2016, 12:41 AM   #16
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Packed with slugs, I hope. Bear skulls are super thick and they can still Leonardo DiCaprio you if you don't take them down in one.

Camping trips aside, though, we deserve the right to defend ourselves in any situation. Maybe it doesn't work out and maybe it does, but the idea that the only "right" thing to do in a situation where some crazy is going door to door down the hallway making swiss cheese out of everyone is ducking into a cupboard and calling and waiting on 911 to save you is beyond insane to me. And if loved ones are involved? Reprehensible. Don't be a sheep.
Honestly, I don't recall. It could have just been a .22 for all I know. Made that guy feel better. We weren't deep in the woods and something probably could have happened... But we were lucky.

Never be w victim if you dont have too. Obviously the bad guy could surprise you and you never get that chance to defend but if there is an opening to help and you are unarmed, you're likely dead before anyone can help.

My city has the nickname "Dirty Lew"... At the moment, it's where I call home because its home... My comic shop is downtown on the outskirts of the not so great neighborhoods... My car doors are locked. I don't get out for any reason. My dad always said if ingot hit downtown to stay in the car, call the cops and unused to have a two foot long Mag Light... Not a gun and not sharp but good for s good smack upside the head if needed. Thankfully I never had an issue and i don't intend to ever have to... But be prepared.

And yes, despite what anyone says, the Government wants sheep. They don't want the people to be able tondo anything more than fall in line. More laws every day. Less freedoms.

I don't want anarchy but I'm not going to bend over for an overreaching Government. Smaller government with less power and overseeing... Its not 1984... But if not careful...
Old 09-20-2016, 12:42 AM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Andrew, smoking is one thing I wish could go away.
Said pretty much everyone who doesn't smoke.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:44 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Honestly, I don't recall. It could have just been a .22 for all I know. Made that guy feel better. We weren't deep in the woods and something probably could have happened... But we were lucky.

Never be w victim if you dont have too. Obviously the bad guy could surprise you and you never get that chance to defend but if there is an opening to help and you are unarmed, you're likely dead before anyone can help.

My city has the nickname "Dirty Lew"... At the moment, it's where I call home because its home... My comic shop is downtown on the outskirts of the not so great neighborhoods... My car doors are locked. I don't get out for any reason. My dad always said if ingot hit downtown to stay in the car, call the cops and unused to have a two foot long Mag Light... Not a gun and not sharp but good for s good smack upside the head if needed. Thankfully I never had an issue and i don't intend to ever have to... But be prepared.

And yes, despite what anyone says, the Government wants sheep. They don't want the people to be able tondo anything more than fall in line. More laws every day. Less freedoms.

I don't want anarchy but I'm not going to bend over for an overreaching Government. Smaller government with less power and overseeing... Its not 1984... But if not careful...
The government will gladly take any freedoms we surrender. Not for any evil agenda, but because why wouldn't they? The Patriot Act is a pretty hilarious thing. "YES! Sign it, ratify it! Protect us!" "Okay!" and then years later, Snowden and all that and the expose, "WHAT?? Why are they doing that??? WHY???" Because you f***ing let them, you nit. Stop doing that.

There exists no government conspiracy... it's really just sheep saying, one layer at a time, "OK, yes, take this away to protect me! That latest shooting/bombing/incident really upsets me and we just... have... to... do... SOMETHING!" while still somehow reserving the right to, later on, go, "But... but... this isn't right that the government can do this!" when they're the ones that happily brought down the ramp to begin with.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-20-2016 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:46 AM   #19
mrmaczaps
Banned

When I was younger, there was more teaching kids to hunt and use guns. They were tools for a certain job. Granted that was hunting, we were also KIDS... Older kids learned different skills. My junior year of high school we still had a few holdouts with long guns in pickup trucks... One guy even kept his through senior year, but it was behind his truck seat...

Train the young to respect the tool and there id less chance for trouble. Less focus on dang "feelings" would help today a great deal.

If you don't like guns, that's fine. But a shop class that teaches how to break down and clean a gun, some off campus range time and learning how to handle a few weapons would do wonders plus could help count as credits for ROTC classes... (Which had us in uniform s couple times a week without a weapon of course...)
Old 09-20-2016, 12:47 AM   #20
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Said pretty much everyone who doesn't smoke.
It is pretty terrible for you.... Smell gets on you, you clothes, car seats, couches and whatnot... Stinks pretty bad too... Unless you smoke those fruity ones. Hehe

Tags
confirmation bias, government protect me, kill all men, take away my rights plz, the constitution rocks, victim cafe