The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-23-2022, 09:09 PM   #221
Turo602
The King of Kings

The show would have been phenomenal if they removed the whole unnecessary Reva arc that had no business existing and being explored in an Obi-Wan mini-series, and if it had more of a Star Wars feel to it. The Anakin/Obi-Wan stuff was perfect and having Obi-Wan abandon his post to help Leia was a great way to kick off a story in this time period, but I wish they would have done a little bit more to blend both eras of Star Wars so we get a better sense of transition from the prequels to the original trilogy.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:46 PM   #222
CyberCubed
Overlord

If there is a Season 2 we'll see more prequel stuff since Qui-Gon as a ghost will be there and I don't think they can have Obi-wan and Darth Vader meet a third time without ruining continuity so they have to do something else. So anything involving Darth Vader is probably off the table unless he just briefly appears in cameos which would be fine.

I don't think young Leia can come back either, unless she just doesn't meet Obi-wan again. Then again I don't know what else you can do with her.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:08 PM   #223
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The Reva series will probably be about her hunting the other inquisitors. So there's that. Maybe they'll have Obi-Wan show up in that and play second fiddle to her.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:26 AM   #224
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
But how you can tell a show is bad if you don't watch it?
I watched the first 3 episodes, and I could stand no more, I watched breakdowns etc for the rest.

We need to make a stand, stop watching.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:09 AM   #225
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
It's just a tv show, pal.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:03 AM   #226
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yea an horrendous one

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:26 AM   #227
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I dunna, I found the "You didn't destroy Anakin...I DID!" from Vader to be to tidy. I could almost see Obi-wan saying, "Oh that's good...can I use that when I'm explaining this to your son in say 20 years?"

"So what I told you was true...from Darth Vader's point of view."
bingo. it's explaining stuff that doesn't need explaining. and creating new plot holes in the process....as well as further destroying luke's character.

Lea can free herself from a roped chair on her own somehow, and almost escape her own prison..but luke can't even run down a hill without tripping and going unconscious?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:38 AM   #228
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Lea can free herself from a roped chair on her own somehow, and almost escape her own prison..but luke can't even run down a hill without tripping and going unconscious?
lol... that's a good point, actually.

You can kind of hear the thought process behind the scenes as things go. "You're doing an Obi-Wan show about Obi-Wan, a straight white male? OK, well then you have to devote half the show to a strong black female character we're going to make up for it." "You're going to feature Little Luke at all? Then you need to have Little Leia evading kidnappers and jumping over rooftops, etc." And so on.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-24-2022 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-24-2022, 11:18 AM   #229
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
lol... that's a good point, actually.

You can kind of hear the thought process behind the scenes as things go. "You're doing an Obi-Wan show about Obi-Wan, a straight white male? OK, we'll -then you have to devote half the show to a strong black female character we're going to make up for it." "You're going to feature Little Luke at all? Then you need to have Little Leia evading kidnappers and jumping over rooftops, etc." And so on.
Oh that was definitely, 100% the conversation in the writers' room. I predicted that sh*t from the jump.

Haven't seen the show, honestly don't know if I ever will, but absolutely none of the stuff people are saying about surprises me. I knew it wouldn't be a "real" Obi-Wan show, not in this day and age.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:22 AM   #230
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
bingo. it's explaining stuff that doesn't need explaining. and creating new plot holes in the process....as well as further destroying luke's character.

I don't see how kid Luke who got less than 5 minutes of screentime falling down is "destroying his character."
Old 06-24-2022, 11:24 AM   #231
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I watched the first 3 episodes, and I could stand no more, I watched breakdowns etc for the rest.

The first ep was fine showing Obi-wan on his own after 10 years. Second ep was the weakest. The middle definitely could have been condensed into 2 episodes. The last two were good.
Old 06-24-2022, 11:24 AM   #232
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't see how kid Luke who got less than 5 minutes of screentime falling down is "destroying his character."
Not to mention it was super dark on Tattooine so he probably didn't see where he was going. As usual Vegeta reaching
Old 06-24-2022, 11:56 AM   #233
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

But I mean, it's a valid point. You have Leia ducking through the forest like a triathlon athlete avoiding 3 grown male pursuers, then deftly hopping across rooftops in the next episode... and when the show finally gets to Luke, yeah, he's almost immediately falling down in the desert knocking himself out.

It doesn't kill the show or the character for me or anything but it's definitely worth pointing out.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:27 PM   #234
Leo656
The Franchise

All male characters in fiction nowadays HAVE to be presented as more helpless and less-competent that their female peers. It's a rule.

Geena Davis started a whole group to ENSURE that it becomes and stays a rule.

It's all f*cked, guys.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:57 PM   #235
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about this one. The show DOES make Obi-Wan telling Luke that make a lot more sense now.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:59 PM   #236
CyberCubed
Overlord

I never noticed before that Obi-wan smiles at Vader before he kills him in the first movie. In a way Obi-wan trolled Anakin right up until the end. He beat him 3 times (in Episode 3, then twice in the Obi-wan series), and the last time of course Obi-wan lets himself get killed but does it in such a manner that Vader doesn't get his victory. Not to mention Obi-wan goes poof and doesn't even leave a body behind, which is like not even giving Vader a dead body to look at either.

It's all pretty funny. Vader is 0-3 in beating Obi-wan.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:52 PM   #237
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's all pretty funny. Vader is 0-3 in beating Obi-wan.
Obi WON!

Say what you will, but Obi did allow Vader to win in A New Hope, so technically Vader never had a true victory.

McGregor argued that Vader SHOULD HAVE won the last duel, but Kennedy overrode him.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:42 AM   #238
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Quote:
More like "stop rewarding financially". The simple fact is that as a consumer your spectrum of action ranges from "power" to "patsy". The difference between the two is whether or not you give money to the people and organizations that insult you, bombard you with agenda content, or simply produce material that you aren't satisfied with.

Star Wars has actually been insulting, repeatedly now for some time. Only a patsy would give the company money if they feel this way. That's the consumer choice regardless of whether or not it's "just a tv show". Consumer choice works for everything no matter how frivolous it is. That's the point of voting with your dollars. Don't pay for woke $#!(.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Obi WON!
LOL!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:00 PM   #239
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Given how Yoda and Luke died, would it be fair to say that Obi-Wan went into the Force on his own? As in, Vader's lightsaber never actually went through him? In that case nobody won.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:17 PM   #240
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Given how Yoda and Luke died, would it be fair to say that Obi-Wan went into the Force on his own? As in, Vader's lightsaber never actually went through him? In that case nobody won.
I am fine with that. I just don't see Vader ever having a true victory over Kenobi.