Notices

Old 05-06-2020, 12:29 PM   #21
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

I got mine too. 45/300 here.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:50 PM   #22
Mobius37
Thug

145/300 for me! Exited to see that this is only part 1 with more to follow!
Mobius37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:18 AM   #23
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Oh God I hope that means I get another shot at Part 1. I totally spaced on this kickstarter and I've been kicking myself ever since.

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 12:05 AM   #24
Ninjinister
無問題

24/300 for me. I haven't read BCW yet but I actually really enjoyed Turtles 2030.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:53 PM   #25
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentos View Post
Oh God I hope that means I get another shot at Part 1. I totally spaced on this kickstarter and I've been kicking myself ever since.
Well it does say: first printing in the back of the issue. Maybe when he release the second one?
I really like this one. Goes well in my headcanon. I'm 239 by the way. Received it today in Canada.
Looks like the turtles are in there Fifties in this one.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #26
oldmanwinters
Overlord

My package showed up yesterday, and very handsome lot overall; good show to Jim Lawson! My Turtles 2030 comic was #10.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:19 AM   #27
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Got my copies of Box City Wallops and TMNT Fancomic #1 yesterday. The TMNT comic was longer than I expected: 24 pages, so a full-length issue. I was expecting a mini story, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Plot-wise, it goes with a timeskip until an imaginary "shortly after Volume 4" setting. Whatever plot threads left hanging from Volume 4 are evidently resolved with specifics unaddressed since that's Laird's baby and I assume Lawson didn't want to step on any toes. This is a "fancomic" after all, so it's all just a what-if scenario (though I'll take it over nothing in my head canon).

The directions Lawson takes the characters all feel organic and interesting. It reminds me of what he was doing with them in Vol. 2, pulling them apart in different directions that seemed fitting for them at that time in the narrative and their lives. Unfortunately, Vol. 2 got terminated early so we never really got to see how Lawson would have further developed those arcs. This fancomic canon seems like a do-over, albeit skipping ahead in the timeline, and I hope he puts out more of them. I'll back all his campaigns (Box City Wallops was fun, too; don't want to ignore what was the main course of the campaign).

I got #50 out of 300, btw.
Wont you be making a post about it on your blog?
Old 05-20-2020, 04:38 AM   #28
Chet
Thug

Got mine a few days ago!
Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:58 PM   #29
Venom
Space Knight

Turtles 2030 Discussion & Spoilers

Many of us pitched in to Jim's Kickstarter campaign to nab his unofficial story, Turtles 2030.

I wanted to start a thread allowing us to talk about the story and how it furthers the Volume 4 narrative, albeit unofficially.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:22 AM   #30
Diorm
Hench Mutant

I was wondering if we will ever get a sequel to this? It's say vol1 on the cover and the story feels like a beginning to a new story. Will we have to wait for a new kickstarter from Jim for this?
Are people talking to him about this? Did he have any feedbacks? Nobody is really talking about it and it's kinda strange. And sad, because maybe he'll never make any sequel to this with no feedbacks.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #31
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
I was wondering if we will ever get a sequel to this? It's say vol1 on the cover and the story feels like a beginning to a new story. Will we have to wait for a new kickstarter from Jim for this?
Are people talking to him about this? Did he have any feedbacks? Nobody is really talking about it and it's kinda strange. And sad, because maybe he'll never make any sequel to this with no feedbacks.
I had the pleasure of finally picking up my kickstarter books from Jim in person last week (was holding off to get them at a convention that clearly never came). I asked him about this and you really hit the nail on the head Diorm.

Apparently the 2nd issue (of 3 planned) is finished but not printed. He was hoping to sell them at cons down the line. However, he said he’s received no feedback from anyone on the story so asssumed there wasn’t much interest. If you want this story concluded definitely reach out to Jim (his Facebook is maybe the best bet?) and let him know!! He seems a bit uninspired and maybe this could pep his step. Furthermore this seems like the closest thing to new volume 4 material we may ever get so I’d love to see more, wouldn't you all?

UPDATE: I shared some of the feedback written in this thread with Jim and he was super happy to see it. Says he definitely intends to finish this trilogy now!

Last edited by funatic; 10-19-2020 at 08:41 PM.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:28 PM   #32
Diorm
Hench Mutant

That's great to hear!
Since Andrew said something about the kickstarter leaving Lawson in the red, I was scared he'll ever end this new story.

So it's a trilogy then? Interesting

He really has time to answer to people on facebook?

Edit: Is it possible to fuse this thread with this one? https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...ad.php?t=62360

Last edited by Diorm; 10-22-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:57 AM   #33
Chris
Mad Scientist

I would totally buy all 3 issues if he sold them on his site. Glad to hear he's still planning on doing them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:18 AM   #34
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Lawson just replied to me about the feedback I gave him on Messenger. He seemed really greatful and said something about another old character coming back in another issue but wont spoil who it is for me.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:37 AM   #35
KM3K
Random Punk

I'd love to buy all three issues. I missed out on the Kickstarter. I sent Jim a message on Facebook asking about if he had any left or if there would be a reprint, but I never heard anything back. If other people here could prod him into a reprint and continuing the storyline, that would be awesome!
Old 11-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #36
Diorm
Hench Mutant

I asked Jim if, when writing the story, he considered everything he worked on like Volume 4 or "Origins" & "Odyssey". Or if it was set in it's own separate universe. Here was his answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lawson
No- I really was trying to pay attention to and keep in mind particularly Pete's work on volume 4. I will say too that I let Arseny have a peek at the story before I published it, and he had me change Donatello to being blind- to keep in continuity with both Odyssey and Mirage universes.
For those that doesnt know, Arseny is Demon-Alukard on the forum.
Old 06-16-2023, 04:04 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So apparently Jim Lawson completed #2 and #3 and is now selling a TPB of all 3 put together right now. You can contact him on his website to order a copy:

https://www.jimlawsonart.com/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 08:20 PM   #38
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So apparently Jim Lawson completed #2 and #3 and is now selling a TPB of all 3 put together right now. You can contact him on his website to order a copy:

https://www.jimlawsonart.com/
That's fantastic news! I definitely need to get a copy
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 12:18 AM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm really surprised. Jim Lawson drops 2 brand new full-length issues out of nowhere, following his 2030 #1 he dropped three years ago... and nobody is saying much of anything? This is as close as new Vol. 4 stuff as we've gotten. C'mon, folks.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 09:46 AM   #40
Topsu
Hench Mutant

I was just wondering about this one day. Cool to hear we can get a book, but it would probably get more buzz if it wasn't hidden like that.
Topsu is offline   Reply With Quote