The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 12:38 PM   #61
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Mine has moved to August 10. Should we start a betting pool on when it will really ship?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:54 PM   #62
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I wonder if they are doing it in order of orders? I ordered immediately and seems to be one of the first to ship? Keep an eye on eBay...there could be some IN HAND in California (that's where mine shipped from). FedEx still has a next Sat delivery estimate for me but stuff generally doesn't take that long, even from coast to coast
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 04:48 PM   #63
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Mine just shipped, estimated to arrive on Thursday.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #64
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It came down to finances and not wanting to be jerked around by a company that keeps delaying the release and, by my research online, has no respect for it's customers.

Then I also decided that even though the paint job on the Shredder was nice looking, it's based on an inaccurate and false "first appearance" paint job. Also, the goodies in the previous TMNT loot box looked pretty weak. A cheap looking bandana and tacky shirt. The pin was cool.

Hopefully this box turns out better and y'all are happy with it, but I felt the money was better spent on about a million other things, personally.
eh to each their own I guess. I loved the stuff that came in the movie/splinter crate. The shirt I have worn a few times, the Foot headband and patch are great but yeah that is kind of the gamble, the extras in the crate are basically just that to me, extras/bonuses. I bought it purely for the figures, which if I wanted to buy them on the secondary market are hitting at 300.00 now.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:29 PM   #65
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Nothing here yet. Bummer.
RicksNerdLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:38 PM   #66
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Mine has moved to August 10. Should we start a betting pool on when it will really ship?
My prijected ship date has been July 27 - August 10 since the day I bought mine so they are still on the timeline they were shooting for.

I'm still waiting for a shipping confirmation on mine so I'd expect them to be out by Monday.
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:50 PM   #67
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It came down to finances and not wanting to be jerked around by a company that keeps delaying the release and, by my research online, has no respect for it's customers.
It's unfortunate that you found so many bad reviews cause I've been dealing with LootCrate for years and had a monthly subscription and everything with no complaints whatsoever. Yeah, they're are times where the crates aren't as good as the month before but I've never had any major issues with them. Hopefully seeing negative reviews doesn't become a choice you regret!

But I can understand the need to spend the money elsewhere though, seeing as thats the only reason I cancelled my monthly subscription. This was just the one bundle I couldn't pass up like I did with the campfire Splinter exclusive, not jumping on that one still stings a little lol.
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:23 PM   #68
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1018 View Post
It's unfortunate that you found so many bad reviews cause I've been dealing with LootCrate for years and had a monthly subscription and everything with no complaints whatsoever. Yeah, they're are times where the crates aren't as good as the month before but I've never had any major issues with them. Hopefully seeing negative reviews doesn't become a choice you regret!

But I can understand the need to spend the money elsewhere though, seeing as thats the only reason I cancelled my monthly subscription. This was just the one bundle I couldn't pass up like I did with the campfire Splinter exclusive, not jumping on that one still stings a little lol.

NECA bought out loot crate-they own it now, and the TMNT crate was their first release. This is also why they keep trying to dump all that old crap they still have around in new and creative ways.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:57 AM   #69
ProdUK
Thug

Someone has received their crate on Neca fan group on Facebook
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D8B171D4-C009-4921-B134-32CBF35A5429.jpg (8.7 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by ProdUK; 08-08-2020 at 12:04 PM.
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:51 PM   #70
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Looks great!
Old 08-08-2020, 02:29 PM   #71
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
NECA bought out loot crate-they own it now, and the TMNT crate was their first release. This is also why they keep trying to dump all that old crap they still have around in new and creative ways.
Yep....and I will buy it all.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #72
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

There is a sold one on eBay with better pics. I hope my box is decent, I want to get mine signed in purple by KE when cons are a thing again.

I haven't seen the other contents of the box
Old 08-08-2020, 10:13 PM   #73
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Woot. I love everything in the crate.

Tcri shirt
Tcri travel mug
Tcri tote
Tcri card holder
Tcri name badge
Chets toys keychain
Fugitoid pin

And the shredder figure obviously.

Def seems well worth the cost.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:14 PM   #74
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
There is a sold one on eBay with better pics. I hope my box is decent, I want to get mine signed in purple by KE when cons are a thing again.

I haven't seen the other contents of the box
That?s a great idea.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:03 AM   #75
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Woot. I love everything in the crate.

Tcri shirt
Tcri travel mug
Tcri tote
Tcri card holder
Tcri name badge
Chets toys keychain
Fugitoid pin

And the shredder figure obviously.

Def seems well worth the cost.
Indeed yes

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #76
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Sounds better than the extras inthe last one!!....was still hoping for a Danny shirt tho
Old 08-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #77
AquaParade
Banned

That's pretty cool. I'm glad you guys dig it. I think it'd be fun to come up with the items for these crates. For this one, I would have included
- a shirt with Eastman/Laird artwork
- an art print
- a neca figure accessory (farm hat for Donatello for example.)
- maybe a pin
Even being cheap, there's room for creativity. And less can be more.

The fugitoid pin would appeal to me, and if the TCRI mug looks like a canister, that's really cool. Wouldn't personally be interested in the rest but that's subjective. I'm a bit of a minimalist.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:10 AM   #78
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Mine arrived yesterday and with this being the first time ordering from loot crate I'm disappointed that I spent what I did for them to ship it in whats basically a thin cheap shoe box. I work at one of the big shipping companies and knowing what I know of how a package has to go through the different conveyor systems, plus being loaded/unloaded by hand it's very surprising that they don't use boxes with a higher tested crush weight. at the very least wrap the figure in a sheet of bubble wrap! also they announce what's inside of the package. that could encourage theft or even damage done to the package on purpose. hopefully bunny rabbit Bebop doesn't show up in such crappy condition.
as far as the Shredder figure, I think it's decent. Looks more like a custom someone would make and then post online. the spirit of splinter figure is way more cool as an exclusive by comparison. I do like the box and the weapons included. anyway hope everyone that ordered one enjoys it and gets theirs in good condition

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:40 AM   #79
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Sounds cool but I just cant with another Loot Crate subscription... I have done 3 different subscriptions and every time I've been screwed by them. 3 times they're out... I absolutely refuse to give them more money for a 50/50 shot of even receiving any merchandise. They have delayed shipments for months on me, not shipped what was promised, mixed my crate up with something totally different that was not even my theme and pretty much said too bad, then also shipped with boxes totally crushed with 90% of the stuff missing. They never respond to customer service and when they do it's just to tell you they're still looking into your issue and never get back to you. Never dealt with a worse company. I wish I could trust them because some of the stuff is very cool, but I'd rather buy it on ebay second hand.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:57 PM   #80
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Yes, my splinter box came in a different FedEx box because the shoe box had been ripped open on its journey. The figure was the only thing in there and the box was absolutely crushed. I was planning on opening it so at least the figure was fine. I emailed them about the missing stuff and they said they would send replacements which never happened. I agree it sucks, but if it's the only way to get them at a reasonable price then it is what it is.