The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-22-2022, 08:28 AM   #221
mikey0
Foot Elite

mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 06:32 PM   #222
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Yeah, it's such a bizarre decision. It's hard to imagine that Viacom/Nick feel a need to promote a specific coloring scheme but what other explanation is there? I'd love to hear the reasoning. Not a dealbreaker for me, but pretty lame.
Half the crappy decisions is always because Playmates wants to screw things up.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 12:35 PM   #223
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
This was some dumb crap born out of Target demanding their exclusives still appear to be exclusive, and NECA coming up with a way to do that.
I was thinking the same thing, this is borne out of Target getting upset recent sets have gone online first and this (combined with increasingly secondary characters and likely higher orders based on previous sell outs) leading to stuff sitting on shelves for longer than it used to.

NECA could very easily have done this Haulathon as a US event in Target and on their own store for international customers but for whatever reason went with an event site and totally screwed it up.

Quote:
That's our only avenue to be heard, unfortunately. He/they need to hear about how confusing and difficult it was this morning, or it won't improve and they won't realize they botched it as bad as they did. And they need to give us answers about whether our USA orders will be canceled, etc, and that is usually the avenue by which they communicate such things to us. And made aware that Target did not offer Fugitoid as expected at 8 AM, so now we have little hope of getting one at whatever random hour they finally appear. Etc, etc. They need to know we had a crap experience. Letting them know that is how we slowly, incrementally got to this state we are in now, which is way better than 5 years ago, but still not great.

So, uh, no. The complaining to Randy should continue as it always has and always will. You can be nice about it instead of vitriolic, but, when that's their self-chosen mouthpiece on social media, that's where we go.
Quote:
There's an account called @NECA_TOYS on Twitter.
This account represents NECA to the world, on Twitter.

It is not our concern who is running the account.

This account has, in the past, given us updates on status, contract agreements, etc, to explain why things have happened the way they have, to promise us that things will get better, to give us a heads up on avenues we may procure things, or even just to say "we hear you, we'll work on it", etc. They've often done so in direct reply to people asking them about it.

In fact, their Twitter profile says at the top:
"We also answer a lot of questions"

That is what is not registering with you.

If you think customerservice@costumes.com is going to be helpful with big picture questions, you have apparently never written an e-mail to such an address before.
Agreed. Who runs the NECA account and what their role is in the company is irrelevant. It is the public face of the company for social interactions.

I agree that you should be able to email them your issue privately and have it resolved, but sadly that doesn't always seem to work where as raising it on social media, especially if a lot of people are having the same issues, can force a company to take notice and fix the issues much faster and makes it harder for them to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
To be honest, I like that more than the red and brown. At least it's got SOME blue. And she kinda reminds me of Skeletor in the blue and purple.
Honestly, I think they were probably using the IDW reprints as they were probably given them as reference. and by the time the error was realized (presumably when the figure was revealed if none of the NECA team are hardcore Mirage fans) it was too late in the production process to fix it. Hopefully she will get a re-release in the right colors, and hopefully this error will make them double check things on future figures.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:37 PM   #224
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Honestly, I think they were probably using the IDW reprints as they were probably given them as reference. and by the time the error was realized (presumably when the figure was revealed if none of the NECA team are hardcore Mirage fans) it was too late in the production process to fix it. Hopefully she will get a re-release in the right colors, and hopefully this error will make them double check things on future figures.
Definitely seems like a possibility. Though one thing that comes to mind is the fact that Mirage Renet was released as a HeroClix before, and in her proper blue colors.

Granted, I don't know whether or not NECA owned HeroClix at the time that this was released. I don't know the ins and outs of the history of NECA's ownership of HeroClix, but I do know they at least do own it currently. But even so, I suppose it's a toss-up as to whether or not the people that made the recent action figure are the same people as the ones that made, or are even aware of the existence of, this old Renet HeroClix.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:10 PM   #225
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Fugitoid arrived from Target.com. The packing slip and shipping label made it clear they simply routed the order straight to NECA to fulfill.

It came with one of the Haulathon loot bags included at no cost...so that's a bonus I think? Except I don't really want it.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 03:31 AM   #226
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Anyone in the UK had any luck getting a Fugitoid?

NECA's international arm seems really disjointed lately. UK distributors seem to be getting their hands on some items but not on others.

I've tried Haulathon.com several times but no sign of the Fugitoid figure.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:27 AM   #227
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post

NECA's international arm seems really disjointed lately. UK distributors seem to be getting their hands on some items but not on others.

I'm in Sweden and it's the same thing here. So far retailers over here haven't been able to bring in any of the Haulathon stuff. I won't bother using Haulathon, those shipping costs are crazy high.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:05 AM   #228
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Definitely seems like a possibility. Though one thing that comes to mind is the fact that Mirage Renet was released as a HeroClix before, and in her proper blue colors.

https://www.tmnttoys.com/16others/heroclix2/0029.jpg

Granted, I don't know whether or not NECA owned HeroClix at the time that this was released. I don't know the ins and outs of the history of NECA's ownership of HeroClix, but I do know they at least do own it currently. But even so, I suppose it's a toss-up as to whether or not the people that made the recent action figure are the same people as the ones that made, or are even aware of the existence of, this old Renet HeroClix.
I completely forgot about the old Heroclix and had no idea they were even linked to NECA. Guessing different teams like you say (and before IDW if I remember right so they likely had to dig out the old Mirage covers and color issues for reference).

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post

None. From what I can tell he went during that first morning either before or just after they fixed the shipping errors and hasn't been listed since.

Luckily I'm not bothered by the signed edition and (hopefully) the regular version should be available to the normal retailers later on so just playing the waiting game. No way paying Haulathon shipping costs.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:57 AM   #229
Otter
Stone Warrior

Just placed my pre-order for Fugitoid with BBTS (and hope they list Bronx soon).
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:14 PM   #230
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Just placed my pre-order for Fugitoid with BBTS (and hope they list Bronx soon).
Is Bronx supposed to otherwise be a Target exclusive? I’m hoping not because I actually want him. Was really happy to see Demona pop up on Bigbadtoystore.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:21 AM   #231
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Is Bronx supposed to otherwise be a Target exclusive?
A friend of mine swears he bought Bronx at Walmart this Wednesday, but if it's true it'd be the first I've heard of Bronx being spotted outside Target. And dude's not a liar. BUT he is a stoner and it was 4/20, so I'd bet he was just a bit under the influence and is mistaken.
Old 04-25-2022, 04:51 PM   #232
Otter
Stone Warrior

Bronx finally up at BBTS.

So... I gues the Utrom should be next?
Old 05-20-2022, 10:31 AM   #233
mikey0
Foot Elite

Comic Con exclusive reveals are next week: https://mobile.twitter.com/preternia...C9sZ2DtbMqAAAA

Last edited by mikey0; 05-20-2022 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-20-2022, 10:26 PM   #234
Otter
Stone Warrior

Yeah... there's gonna be something Mirage in there, isn't there?

My prediction: four-pack of the brothers, issue #1 style. Maybe packaged to reflect the cover.

Last edited by Otter; 05-21-2022 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-07-2022, 07:21 AM   #235
Otter
Stone Warrior

Happy to be wrong. I hate having to track down the Con exclusives. But it sounds like everyone had a pretty easy time of it this year.

Now... bring on that Utrom pre-order and Casey reveal.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:09 PM   #236
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

BlainerThings
@BlainerThings
#TurtleTuesday
Check retailers for PO starting TONIGHT!
@NECA_TOYS
They are up on BBTS right now October 2022 release $37.99

Casey Jones https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...=Pterniadotcom

Utromhttps://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...=Pterniadotcom

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 06-28-2022 at 04:30 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:36 PM   #237
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Man, that’s a surprise. Why did I think Casey’s shirt was red?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:38 PM   #238
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Why did I think Casey’s shirt was red?
Cuz it was.

The colors are the only thing that bother me, as I feel the sculpt is amazing and accurate. So, basically, the situation's the same as Renet again. This one would at least be easier to paint, but... that shouldn't even be necessary, especially at this price point.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:53 PM   #239
Chris
Mad Scientist

Figures both look amazing. Casey's shirt being white not red is annoying. Not quite as annoying as Renet's color change but still an error that should have been an easy fix. Especially given pretty much everyone called them out on the incorrect IDW colors for Renet months ago. First thing they should have done then was double check the colors for everyone else in production.

That said, he's due pretty much the same time so (if I'm being generous and giving benefit of the doubt) it may have been too late to change either given where they both were in production at that point. But everything from next year needs to be right
Old 06-28-2022, 06:49 PM   #240
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Why did I think Casey’s shirt was red?
Both the BST AXN Mirage Casey and wave 1 blind box Casey have red shirts.