The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-02-2021, 11:46 AM   #21
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Just to add to this thread, for future reference, the Claw Shredder (Loot Crate) looks great! (even though it looks like it is just the Mirage Shredder body and legs with new head and arms...)

https://twitter.com/lootcrate/status...95372112519170
cool figure! i just wish they'd be a little less heavy-handed with the linework
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:05 AM   #22
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I just want Shredder, Foot, Foot Elite, and not having to pay hundreds of dollars for it. After that NECA can f*** off.
Should have bought them when they came out, then.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:29 AM   #23
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I just want Shredder, Foot, Foot Elite, and not having to pay hundreds of dollars for it. After that NECA can f*** off.

Yeah, there's no KO of them either. I want the utrom and the foot elite. I substituted the shredder with the Loot Crate version. NECA is likely redesigning or repurposing the entire line with new sculpts or new aesthetics. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a massive launch for the mirage and IDW lines (as well as Last Ronin, and potentially comic Usagi) in 2022 as the momentum of the toon and movie line will likely slow down by the middle of next year.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 04:32 AM   #24
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You know, you should keep some hope that they will re-release those figures. Anything past NECA TMNT 2012 we can hope for. They have said a definite NO to the original Mirage TMNT, but look at the other NECA TMNT lines - multiple releases of the same figures either repainted or repackaged. If NECA know they can make some dollar off those moulds they will re-issue (maybe with a slightly different colour scheme).

We’ve already seen the Mirage Shredder repainted.

I hope you get the chance to grab these guys. Good luck!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 06:13 PM   #25
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
You know, you should keep some hope that they will re-release those figures. Anything past NECA TMNT 2012 we can hope for. They have said a definite NO to the original Mirage TMNT, but look at the other NECA TMNT lines - multiple releases of the same figures either repainted or repackaged. If NECA know they can make some dollar off those moulds they will re-issue (maybe with a slightly different colour scheme).

We’ve already seen the Mirage Shredder repainted.

I hope you get the chance to grab these guys. Good luck!
correct, the mirage TMNT have been KOd so much there is no reason for neca to make them again as it wouldn't make them the money but I wouldn't negate the idea of them to putting out other mirage tmnt figures.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 06:51 AM   #26
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Yo Autobot Benz! Can you drop those NECA Mirage Fugitoid pics into this thread as well please? My OCD going crazy wanting to keep all NECA Mirage in one place.

Thanks kindly!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #27
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 06:56 PM   #28
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
it's very clear to me that an entirely different level of talent worked on the 2008 neca mirage turtles than is currently working on the line. this is a huge drop off in artistry, imo. i was excited to see the mirage line get picked back up, but i'm out if it looks like this.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:14 PM   #29
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
it's very clear to me that an entirely different level of talent worked on the 2008 neca mirage turtles than is currently working on the line. this is a huge drop off in artistry, imo. i was excited to see the mirage line get picked back up, but i'm out if it looks like this.
It's likely the same sculptors. What we're seeing here is a glimpse of a new look to the line. The turtles are also getting a reboot (probably not going to have the bobble head aesthetic). I think NECA is keeping the cards close to their chest and closing out some of the last remaining heavy hitters (e.g. Neutrinos, Mousers, Lotus, REX-1, Usagi, Human Baxter, Zach) for the toon line before revealing their new comic book inspired wave.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 03:42 AM   #30
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

I hope fore updatet turtles from issue 5.also it woued be Nice with a relase of the mousers those have not been bootlegged to death.also coued someone post pic of the accoserys to the turtles
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:04 AM   #31
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
It's likely the same sculptors. What we're seeing here is a glimpse of a new look to the line. The turtles are also getting a reboot (probably not going to have the bobble head aesthetic). I think NECA is keeping the cards close to their chest and closing out some of the last remaining heavy hitters (e.g. Neutrinos, Mousers, Lotus, REX-1, Usagi, Human Baxter, Zach) for the toon line before revealing their new comic book inspired wave.
The Four Horsemen sculpted the entirety of the Mirage line, whereas the cartoon & movie figures are being sculpted in-house by NECA, as will any future Mirage figures.

As far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing - I love the previous figures but they're very much in the style of the first couple of issues, and the general looks of the turtles and their supporting cast were refined as the run went on. I'd love to see what NECA could do with a line based around, say City At War.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #32
italianice388
Stone Warrior

For sure. I think with those original 2008 figures, with or without the designs of the issue 1 TMNT, you've got a level of detail and refinement in both the paint and the sculpt that you just don't see with the cartoon line (and i really enjoy the cartoon line for the most part).

even the shredder/foot mirage set that came out years later had a noticeable drop in paint quality from those 2008 originals. it went from great to good, in my book. lines were thicker, paint was flatter, figures overall were less detailed. it was like they were working on a smaller budget. again, they were still good figures, but they weren't amazing.

if the mirage line picks up again and wants my dollar, i need to see that 2008 level of care again. i saw that level of care in their tokka and rahzar pack, so maybe they still have it in them.

a giant mirage triceraton with the level of care and polish of the 2008 turtles would be an instant, instant buy for me.

edit: just went back a page and clearly i've been on a tirade about this for a while. lol. check the comparison image i put together and posted on page 1 back in august for more info, if anyone is curious.

Last edited by italianice388; 12-21-2021 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:24 AM   #33
mikey0
Foot Elite

Notes from FwooshCast Ep. 68:

- Fugitoid will have bendable arms.

- Kevin Eastman will be the illustrator for the packaging artwork to the new Mirage figures.

- New Mirage turtles are coming in a different artist style from the ‘08 ones.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 01:26 PM   #34
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Man, I'm really hoping we get something along the lines of these:
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 04:17 PM   #35
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Man, I'm really hoping we get something along the lines of these:
https://www.writeups.org/wp-content/...MNT-Mirage.jpg
I'd love that. I'm imagining something from Mirage issue #10, which isn't far off from your example, but it could go a number of ways.

Personally, I'd love to see Jim Lawson's style from City at War adapted, at some point, but I don't see them going that route.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 07:53 PM   #36
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Notes from FwooshCast Ep. 68:

- Fugitoid will have bendable arms.

- Kevin Eastman will be the illustrator for the packaging artwork to the new Mirage figures.

Excellent news on all three points. Long awaited, newly styled Mirage turtles! Woo!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 10:23 AM   #37
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Other than the first few issues, comics aren't my thing.

After some research, the 'guest era' issues, I'd imagine would be a gold mine for NECA lol.

Be interesting to see how NECA handle this line. I don't know... Just hope it's interesting enough to capture the attention of casual fans like me, who until, much later in life, discovered the comics - and eventually, the 08 figures.
TCRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 11:01 AM   #38
mikey0
Foot Elite

A look at Fugitoid:
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:24 PM   #39
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

No...Fugitoid having bendable arms is *NOT* good. Neca's bendable stuff is a major fail. That wire is going to split through that soft rubber in no time if my previous experiences are anything to go by. I like NECA but their materials, at least in past figures, and especially in bendables, degrade quickly.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:59 PM   #40
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
No...Fugitoid having bendable arms is *NOT* good. Neca's bendable stuff is a major fail. That wire is going to split through that soft rubber in no time if my previous experiences are anything to go by. I like NECA but their materials, at least in past figures, and especially in bendables, degrade quickly.
I wouldn’t even say it’s just neca. I hate bendy limbs on any toy. I have never had one that I didn’t think “well that will degrade over time and bust”
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote