The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-03-2021, 03:31 AM   #1
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Fury Toys 1/12 Samurai Turtles (third party)

There have been some previews of this figure for a while now, but I don't think anyone knew which company was putting it out or the full extent of what was actually being created. Looks like it's finally an official thing that's happening. They are Samurai-themed but you can also remove some of the pieces to have a more realistic/gritty looking 'standard' turtle. Pre-orders soonish for the first figure.

From 5ktoys on instagram:

Quote:
5ktoys
Fury toys 1/12 Samurai Turtles Series one coming soon. This series featured of combined Japanese Samurai warriors and animals turtle. The first warrior debut is Spring. And next 3 are Summer, fall and winter. Preorder opens soon. Keep eyes on!
These are the first third party turtles I've considered getting. Hope the price is not too big.

I don't really know a lot about where the best place to get these will be, or the reputation of the company, etc. But one destination would be https://5ktoys.com/ and their Instagram, so keep yours eyes on them.

Last edited by Zulithe; 11-03-2021 at 03:44 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:35 AM   #2
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Looks great.

Excited to see/get Donatello.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:58 AM   #3
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

Donatello showed up two months ago, people thought it was just a cool custom.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV133...obTygAjYd_MFXM
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 12:37 PM   #4
Dask
Mad Scientist

How much are these going for? They look expensive...
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:05 PM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
How much are these going for? They look expensive...
Not yet revealed, but based on prices of similar third party items... I am guessing between 50 and 80 dollars, plus shipping. It's possible they could be as high as 120 each if there are more accessories not seen here... we'll have to see.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:20 PM   #6
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post

Wow that looks great.

I’m sold on this entire line.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 09:15 PM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Very cool, but I won't be grabbing them. I wish a third party would come along & do some figures of turtles that don't have proper representation, as opposed to all these generic original takes.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 03:33 AM   #8
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post

Originally these were customs. But a lot of people on Baidu asked the creator to make it mass-produced. I guess they figured a way to do it
Old 11-04-2021, 05:15 AM   #9
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

If these are sub 50 GBP then I’d definitely be interested in picking up Leo.

Reminds me a little of the Santolouco IDW style (popeye style wrists and ankles).

Things like this always make me wonder “what if” the Bay movies would’ve had some decent turtle designs. I mean I know nothing will change the story/script but hey…
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:43 AM   #10
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
If these are sub 50 GBP then I’d definitely be interested in picking up Leo.

Reminds me a little of the Santolouco IDW style (popeye style wrists and ankles).

Things like this always make me wonder “what if” the Bay movies would’ve had some decent turtle designs. I mean I know nothing will change the story/script but hey…
I thought the Bay designs were fantastic, despite the prevailing mass hysteria concerning them. They are far more anatomically correct than current renditions. If the turtles were humanoid, they would look like they are on roids. I sometimes wished that NECA would make 1/4 designs based on the Bay series because the ThreeZero statues are way beyond my price league (they are absolutely jaw-dropping gorgeous depictions!). Too bad people didn't give the higher-quality sequel a chance. Folks hold grudges and are waaay too fixated on TMNT "alien origins" and other superficialities. Bay also nailed the brothers' personalities, which is pivotal to establish the atmosphere and underlying dynamics. People may not think Megan Fox fits but that's what the average anchorwoman looks like these days and Will Arnett as Vernon is spot-on.

Last edited by Dask; 11-04-2021 at 07:50 AM.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 09:18 AM   #11
sdp
-

I like these, don't know much about third party figures except that they look cool, are they usually good quality or do they vary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I thought the Bay designs were fantastic, despite the prevailing mass hysteria concerning them. They are far more anatomically correct than current renditions. If the turtles were humanoid, they would look like they are on roids. I sometimes wished that NECA would make 1/4 designs based on the Bay series because the ThreeZero statues are way beyond my price league (they are absolutely jaw-dropping gorgeous depictions!). Too bad people didn't give the higher-quality sequel a chance. Folks hold grudges and are waaay too fixated on TMNT "alien origins" and other superficialities. Bay also nailed the brothers' personalities, which is pivotal to establish the atmosphere and underlying dynamics. People may not think Megan Fox fits but that's what the average anchorwoman looks like these days and Will Arnett as Vernon is spot-on.
It's only the two of us but the Bay TMNT movies were a lot of fun. I have nitpicks of course but overall I think they got plenty of stuff right and better than some "fan loved" versions. Now the designs I do not particularly love but the hulk turtles work fine in that universe, they at least showed us that it made sense there as they interacted with their world. I do think it's shame that because they're hated, we will never get decent figures out of them, only the ones playmates released and those nostrils deserve a good sculpt to scare the haters.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:12 PM   #12
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Pre-Order is LIVE for Leo!

Deposit: $5
Full Price: $49.99 plus shipping ($5 for USA shipping)
ETA: 2022,Q2-3

https://5ktoys.com/collections/featu...ssassin-spring
Old 11-15-2021, 03:26 PM   #13
frank_one
Mad Scientist

It looks great except for that piece of fabric attached to the front of the belt.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:29 PM   #14
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
It looks great except for that piece of fabric attached to the front of the belt.
I agree that it's a weak point, but these are prototype images. We'll have to see what it looks like in-hand.

He's cheaper than I had anticipated so I went ahead and ordered. I don't think you can really go wrong with ordering this if you have the $$$. I can see these reselling very well down the road if you decide you don't want it.
Old 11-15-2021, 06:12 PM   #15
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

man I really want this but I need some more confidence since it is a new company.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 05:44 AM   #16
Chris
Mad Scientist

He looks cool but I'm going to resist for now. Don't need another set of just the 4 turtles.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 06:51 AM   #17
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Anyone know if there's been any pictures of Mikey or Raph?

Love Leo. Not fussed on Don. BUT...if Mikey and Raph are also rad then I guess I'll have to get Donnie as well to make the set!

At this moment in time Leo is plenty for me, will look cool on the shelf on his own.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #18
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Anyone know if there's been any pictures of Mikey or Raph?
As today, no pictures have been shown
Old 11-18-2021, 11:55 AM   #19
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

I put a 5 dollar deposit they said it will be 50-60 range. that donny looks amazing wonder what else he may come with.
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:23 PM   #20
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

"Size: 1/12, about 12cm"

That's a smidge under 4.75 inches - so this Samurai Leo should be just about as tall as the 2012 Don figure for scale, and a tad taller than 2012 Leo/Raph.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote