The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 05-01-2022, 06:26 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Harley Quinn's redseign

Sorry if you saw the initial version of this thread, I wanted a preview but accidentally clicked submit instead.

Anyway, Here are pictures of Harley Quinn as she initally looked and how she has more or less looked like since 2011. I mean the revisions are... Bad, right? At least they could have kept the hat, that was like the most iconic element of her design, the 2005 Batman cartoon even put emphasis on it. So why why do they keep insisting on using the redesign as the standard? Is it just because it's easier to use in live-action movies or something?

Spoiler:
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 05-01-2022 at 06:35 PM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:59 PM   #2
mrmaczaps
Banned

Because artists got lazy? Or because the updated is sexier... or something. And because tptb don't give a behind about doing it right anymore.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:06 AM   #3
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Yeah her original look was iconic. The updated look is pretty meh, they've turned her into just a generic female love interest for the Joker, which is even weirder now that they want her to a be a strong, independent villainess that don't need no man.

Harley Quinn is still a cool character, but whatever phase this is she's going through needs to end.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:55 AM   #4
Leo656
The Franchise

Isn't it primarily because of the Arkham video games?

I read/watched a lot on them while I was sick, and I *was* sick so a lot of it blended together. But I could swear I saw one that said the very early plan was to have Harley appear in the Arkham Asylum game wearing her original outfit, but that the developers thought it was "too silly" for the aesthetic of the world they were trying to create. And so they initially gave her a more "Dominatrix"-looking costume in the concept art, before deciding that was a bit too far, and thus dialing it back to "S&M Nurse" as it was in the final game. Then the game was a huge hit and so elements of her Arkham-series looks - which basically settled on "Clown-Themed Sexy Cheerleader" - trickled into all other media.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it went. So I guess if you have to "blame" anything for the jester costume being discarded, you'd have to blame the video games. Along with the trend across all media that "Actual super-hero/super-villain costumes are silly, and so we need to make them look as 'realistic' as possible" that's been in fashion for the last 10+ years.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:00 AM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

I don't care about this character, but its redesign gave us the best Alexa Bliss wrestling outfit ever to this day, so I'd say I approve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c2c1427ad6340b362eeddfe991c11a79.jpg (74.9 KB, 3 views)
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:52 PM   #6
Leo656
The Franchise

My issue with Alexa is that while she's definitely hot, there's not a bit of her now that isn't plastic. Like, I don't think one person would be fawning over her as much as they do if she still had her real nose. She's got implants but they're not even that big; without them she probably looks like a pre-pubescent boy.

She definitely got herself a good surgeon and turned herself into something special. But at the same time, some of the shine is lost when you realize that someone who needed THAT much work probably wasn't much to look at Before.

Old 05-02-2022, 02:31 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Well I dunno. I have only seen photos from her NXT days. I believe they were from her pre boobjob days.

Stacy Keibler never got fake boobs and her real ones are small but she's still hot imo.

Alexa's nose and boobs are obviously fake. But her ass seems real.

Tbh plastic is pretty much standard among female wrestlers in WWE. Trish Stratus and Gail Kim were both smoking hot in their prime, and we all know they are both very plastic. Trish isn't aging so well imo.

Then there's Charlotte, who clearly would be better off without all that plastic on her.

The only natural women in WWE I can think of are Stacy Keibler who didn't stay in the business for that long and the Japanese ladies they've hired in the last few years.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:44 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

This is gonna come off as incredibly mean, but Charlotte in her natural state was one of the ugliest women I've ever seen in my goddamn life.

Like, she clearly has a plastic surgery addiction and I'd honestly rather see her retire from wrestling and go into serious therapy, because she clearly hates what she sees when she looks in the mirror. Her entire head changes week-to-week and it's like watching Michael Jackson deteriorate all over again.

BUT... she was hideous, so I get it. She clearly needed work, like if anyone ever "needed" plastic surgery it was her... but she reached a good place and then took it way too far because her low self-esteem is nuclear. People like her should have an assistant whose entire job is to say "NO, that's far enough, you're fine." Because now she looks bad from a whole other direction.

She also has gigantic feet but I guess there's not much that can be done about that. Ric Flair must have awful genetics, on account of how unpleasant-looking all his kids turned out to be. I mean look at David; he started out as just a scrawny, ugly, geeky-looking guy, then he woke up one day and gained 300lbs.

Which reminds me, I can't imagine how or why Stacy Kiebler ever ended up dating David Flair in real life. She could have any guy in the world, and ended up f*cking George Clooney a few years later, but she willingly had sex with David F*cking Flair? That's one of those things where normally I'd say, "He must've gotten some really good coke, to get a chick like that," except David has always been very outspokenly anti-drugs, so unless he has a 10-inch dick I don't know HOW the hell the thing with Stacy happened.

Old 05-02-2022, 02:53 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Well I no longer remember what Charlotte looked like before her million surgeries tbh. She was never very attractive. Always looked very masculine to me.

Didn't know Stacy dated David Flair. That's one strange dating history. David Flair and George Clooney.

I'm surprised Becky Lynch hasn't had any surgery yet. Or at least nothing significant. Her breasts are clearly natural.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:57 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

Stacy and Flair dated when they were paired up together in the WCW days. I forget how long it lasted, but longer than you'd think.

Charlotte actually showed up on Nitro once or twice as a teenager. The pictures are out there if you look for them. I can't be bothered, but yeah, her original nose is pretty shocking.

Lynch doesn't need to worry about surgery, her eating disorder is bad enough. She looks f*cking terrible lately. Really, really gross.

neatoman, please fix the spelling of "redesign" in the thread title, it's driving me crazy.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:00 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Stacy and Flair dated when they were paired up together in the WCW days. I forget how long it lasted, but longer than you'd think.

Charlotte actually showed up on Nitro once or twice as a teenager. The pictures are out there if you look for them. I can't be bothered, but yeah, her original nose is pretty shocking.

Lynch doesn't need to worry about surgery, her eating disorder is bad enough. She looks f*cking terrible lately. Really, really gross.

neatoman, please fix the spelling of "redesign" in the thread title, it's driving me crazy.
Didn't she also date Test for a while both on screen and off screen around 2003 in WWE?

Ah didn't know that. Also, it's interesting how her real name is actually Ashley and not Charlotte. Also, not only is WWE determined to make her surpass her daddy in world titles, but she's also determined to surpass her daddy in numbers of divorces. She's been what, divorced twice by now?

I haven't watched WWE in nearly 3 years now. She has an eating disorder? Wasn't she pregnant not too long ago?

You can't edit thread titles, I think.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:20 PM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

I was told that you can Edit thread titles if you were the thread creator, I think I did it once.

Yeah, Becky had a kid and I guess she was desperate to lose the baby weight and get back on TV because she came back way too skinny and only got worse from there. She's skin and bones, now. She SAYS it's from doing CrossFit, but I worked in the fitness industry, I know what Anorexia and Bulimia look like. When you can see the veins in someone's forehead and it looks like their skin is thinner than paper, they have an eating disorder. Her ass also went completely flat and her ribcage is unnervingly prominent. She looks awful.

A LOT of people have noticed it, too, but you can't point it out, even in saying "I hope she gets help" or else people White Knight on you for "body shaming". No, dummies, saying "Becky is Beautiful no matter what!" isn't going to make her wanna f*ck you. She clearly needs help, enabling her won't get her there.

She apparently took a long break from wrestling a few years before getting signed, because she went through a bad patch with an eating disorder and almost completely retired over it. So it's a shame that she beat it once, only to end up right back there because she didn't want to take her time losing the baby weight. People die from that sh*t, but I guess they were dangling a bunch of money in front of her and so she felt like she had no choice. It's a real shame.

And yeah, Stacy dated Test briefly, the highlight of which was Test going on Howard Stern and telling the whole world that Stacy liked it up the ass. I'm shocked they didn't stay together long after that.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:24 PM   #13
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
This is gonna come off as incredibly mean, but Charlotte in her natural state was one of the ugliest women I've ever seen in my goddamn life.
Charlotte is still ugly. I swear they need to give her Regal's old theme song. She's a man, such a man
She's a real, real man's man .

Charlotte looks like her dad and that doesn't help her.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #14
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

The last version of Quinn looks like someone was going for The Birds Of Prey look and I still like her TAS design to this day.

Also, Harleen Quinn could have chosen any man better than Mista J, but I assume that she wouldn't have been as memorable as a character if she didn't choose The Clown Prince Of Crime.

But, I sorta call BS on that notion above simply because Selina Kyle is another memorable character. She just thinks that a certain Dark Knight is the cat's meow instead of another Arkham whack job.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 05:13 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I was told that you can Edit thread titles if you were the thread creator, I think I did it once.

Yeah, Becky had a kid and I guess she was desperate to lose the baby weight and get back on TV because she came back way too skinny and only got worse from there. She's skin and bones, now. She SAYS it's from doing CrossFit, but I worked in the fitness industry, I know what Anorexia and Bulimia look like. When you can see the veins in someone's forehead and it looks like their skin is thinner than paper, they have an eating disorder. Her ass also went completely flat and her ribcage is unnervingly prominent. She looks awful.

A LOT of people have noticed it, too, but you can't point it out, even in saying "I hope she gets help" or else people White Knight on you for "body shaming". No, dummies, saying "Becky is Beautiful no matter what!" isn't going to make her wanna f*ck you. She clearly needs help, enabling her won't get her there.

She apparently took a long break from wrestling a few years before getting signed, because she went through a bad patch with an eating disorder and almost completely retired over it. So it's a shame that she beat it once, only to end up right back there because she didn't want to take her time losing the baby weight. People die from that sh*t, but I guess they were dangling a bunch of money in front of her and so she felt like she had no choice. It's a real shame.

And yeah, Stacy dated Test briefly, the highlight of which was Test going on Howard Stern and telling the whole world that Stacy liked it up the ass. I'm shocked they didn't stay together long after that.
Didn't know Becky had once an eating disorder. I know Alexa Bliss had one and she's openly talked about it before.

Didn't know that about Test going on Howard Stern. Reminds me, Stephanie didn't seem to dislike the idea of trying it.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:45 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

I didn't know about Becky either, until recently. On a whim I just Googled "Becky Lynch eating disorder" to see if other people were noticing the same things I was noticing, and one of the first things that came up was an article about how years before she ever got famous she almost quit the business because she had a bad eating disorder once upon a time, and how she had taken an extended break from wrestling to deal with it.

She needs to do the same thing now but I guess back then they weren't dangling a million dollars a year in front of her to get her bony ass back on TV.