The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-15-2022, 05:30 PM   #21
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
I suppose this scenario in general is for the best though. Not even a filthy degenerate like me wants to see the cross-breed hellspawn that Raph and Alopex would produce.
You'll be surprise by the amount of furry art of Raph and Mona Lisa's offspring on Deviantart.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:33 PM   #22
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I suppose this scenario in general is for the best though. Not even a filthy degenerate like me wants to see the cross-breed hellspawn that Raph and Alopex would produce.
If you think that's bad, imagine a third generation mutant.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:44 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
No need to imagine, there's a whole herd of them gathered outside the Supreme Court these days.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:00 PM   #24
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
There is fan art of OC characters who are like offspring of the 4 turtles, and there like next generation of TMNT.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:57 PM   #25
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
You underestimate how popular the "breeding" fetish is. If furries had their way, the entirety of Mutant Town would just be a giant pregnado of baby churning 24/7.
Good thing I don't vomit from disgust.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:42 AM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Part of this makes me curious how it woulda gone down had one of the Turtles banged April, at least in the Mirage world. I can kinda see one of em being depressed that Splinter is dead and gone and the brothers are split their separate ways while April is also dealing with being a drawing, and it just happens one night.

Like while I am curious how April and said Turtle will act around each after that one night stand, I'm more curious what his brothers would say. I can imagine them hanging around the campfire, and I don't know, somehow the topic comes up, like maybe Mikey saying he got the Regeneta pregnant or one of them hearing that Casey possibly ****ed Karai that one night or whatever else and out comes 'oh um.... never told you guys this... but uh.... there was this one time I slept with April'. "Dude what? You actually boned her?"

I do wonder how that convo would go down. I only remember the Mirage Turtles checking her out only once, the alleged 'April is black' issue and I forgot if it was canon or not. I wonder if one of them would have said 'ew gross man, she's human though'.

I don't know, just a thought.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:04 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The FAKE "April is black" comic can't be canon. Unless we're to take Mirage April actually working as a news anchor as a real thing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:31 AM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The FAKE "April is black" comic can't be canon. Unless we're to take Mirage April actually working as a news anchor as a real thing.
I was hoping you'd chime in, though I wonder what thoughts you'd have on my premise. Now I know the honest answer would be 'none of the turtles would ever ever EVER bone April under any circumstance', but I mean if it ever did in a moment of weakness, how would the other turtles react upon finding out?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 05-16-2022, 01:33 AM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I was hoping you'd chime in, though I wonder what thoughts you'd have on my premise. Now I know the honest answer would be 'none of the turtles would ever ever EVER bone April under any circumstance', but I mean if it ever did in a moment of weakness, how would the other turtles react upon finding out?
Betrayal. Disgust. It'd be like finding out one of your brothers banged your older stepsister or stepmom.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:36 AM   #30
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Betrayal. Disgust. It'd be like finding out one of your brothers banged your older stepsister or stepmom.
I mean...

They didn't react that way when Don had a crush on her in the 2012 series.

Depending on the canon, I don't think they consider her a sister. I don't think they'd see it as incestual in, say, Rise Of. They seem to see April as a buddy than a sister figure.

In the Mirage comics, she's more sisterly, though I think they'd be opposed to it more because she and Casey are together, and it'd be a betrayal of Casey's trust towards the TMNT than it being "icky incest!!".
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:20 AM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
I mean...

Depending on the canon, I don't think they consider her a sister. I don't think they'd see it as incestual in, say, Rise Of. They seem to see April as a buddy than a sister figure.

In the Mirage comics, she's more sisterly, though I think they'd be opposed to it more because she and Casey are together, and it'd be a betrayal of Casey's trust towards the TMNT than it being "icky incest!!".
I meant the mirage one though, and yeah I guess it would go down like that. Of all the versions, Mirage April does feel like the older stepsister/stepmother of the team.

NickTMNT is kinda different of course. There was an Ep where Raph flat out said 'wow, you still think you have a shot with April? Seriously?'. If that happened he'd probably be the first to be like 'holy crap, you actually did it. Way to go bro'.

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 05-16-2022 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:56 AM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I mean...

I don't really care what they do in the children's stuff.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:32 AM   #33
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I don't really care what they do in the children's stuff.
Okay.

I count it all as TMNT, even the bad stuff.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:57 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Okay.

I count it all as TMNT, even the bad stuff.
Whatever helps make your case, I guess.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:50 AM   #35
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
The whole crush thing was more or less a gag and, because, of weird notion that every story should have a romance. Somehow.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:21 PM   #36
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
The whole crush thing was more or less a gag and, because, of weird notion that every story should have a romance. Somehow.
I know, but it still happened is the thing. Didn't seem like any of them minded.

One thing to keep in mind is that they are teenagers, so most of the time, they'd just tease each other about any potential crush, or make comments about how hot April is (like Mikey does in the 1990 and SOTO). I think in a lot of canons, they'd just see her as a friend rather than a sister, especially in the early years when they'd be mostly dealing with adventures and fighting threats like Shredder. In Mirage, especially in the later volumes, they are all be older, and April is settled with Casey, so the 'she's like my sister' type of thinking would set in after being something of a family for years and years.
Old 05-16-2022, 12:34 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I know, but it still happened is the thing. Didn't seem like any of them minded.

One thing to keep in mind is that they are teenagers
No, not to keep in mind, though people like to always bring that up. "I don't understand. Why can't the TMNT be more like teenagers?" and so on. The answer is they can't be like normal human teenagers because they aren't that, never were, and couldn't be. They never had anything remotely like normal teenaged childhoods or experiences, so they wouldn't be anything like "teenagers" we would think of. Pretending they would be is just making a farce of things.

Quote:
In Mirage, especially in the later volumes, they are all be older, and April is settled with Casey, so the 'she's like my sister' type of thinking would set in after being something of a family for years and years.
She begins as the den mother and over time becomes like a sister. There's also the Splinter thing. Splinter literally calls her "Daughter" and since he obviously considers the four TMNT to be his sons... well, there you have it.
Old 05-16-2022, 12:53 PM   #38
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
No, not to keep in mind, though people like to always bring that up. "I don't understand. Why can't the TMNT be more like teenagers?" and so on. The answer is they can't be like normal human teenagers because they aren't that, never were, and couldn't be. They never had anything remotely like normal teenaged childhoods or experiences, so they wouldn't be anything like "teenagers" we would think of. Pretending they would be is just making a farce of things.
I guess I like them acting like teens because, well, they are. It's also in the title for most TMNT series. I like the notion of them doing teenaged stuff. I mean, sure, they didn't have typical human teen experiences, though they do have access to media like TV, and I can see them imitating what they watch. I guess I'm also a fan of coming-of-age stories, and some TMNT stories feel that way as well.

I don't think we'll agree on this one. I tend to like TMNT interpretations outside of Mirage canon, and you...don't, I guess.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:41 PM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, while I get where Andrew is coming from, the horse is way out of the barn on the whole thing. Technically, they should be completely maladjusted, have only the most bare-minimum understanding of "the world above" or what humans act like, and probably shouldn't even be able to speak English. That's what would be the most "realistic" for sure. Even the idea of them having a TV and using that to learn so much about humans, as is the most oft-given explanation for why they behave the way they do, is rather farfetched if we wanna be anal about it.

But... well, that isn't how the story goes and never has been. Even in Mirage, they're "basically people" who just happen to be Turtles. So there's what would make sense realistically, and there's The Way Things Have Always Been Presented, and so I feel like it's kind of pointless to get hung up on the latter. "They shouldn't act like ________", except they pretty much always do and have.

Superman "shouldn't" be able to fly, either, but... he does, and we're all better off that way. Likewise, a TMNT iteration where they've been stripped of nearly all human traits and influences would be pretty boring, I think. It might be realistic but I don't think it would hook too many people.

I've never had a huge problem with the idea of the Turtles crushing on April to a degree because she's the only chick they know (for a while) and hormones are a thing. I wouldn't exactly want or need to see that idea explored, but on a base level it makes sense to me and thus whenever it's been hinted at or used for joke fodder it doesn't bother me at all. Again, even in early Mirage they had one or two "She looks great... for a human!" jokes. So it wasn't entirely verboten in the original source material, either. Clearly they were never gonna "go there" but at the same time they weren't against the general idea that one or more of them would find her a little attractive.

So maybe the Turtles "shouldn't" act so much like humans and maybe they "shouldn't" crush on humans or creatures of non-turtle species. But they literally always have, so... whatyagonnado?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:03 PM   #40
neatoman
Emperor

If we're just going to deal with the April/Donnie thing in the 2012 cartoon in isolation, there are some things that can be said about it.

It is indeed more or less intended to be a running with only hints towards it being more than that. It's of course not impossible to write a running gag that keeps on being funny but it more or less stopped being funny very early on, in part because it is the core of some episodes and because it's brought up too often. It also doesn't help that Donnie tends to come across as a bit of a creep because of it. Part of the reason the Bigfoot sucks so much is because it had a clear chance end the gag and almost looked like it was going to, only for it to throw fuel on the dumpster fire at the last second. And did it ever go anywhere? No, not really, the show ended with a timeskip in which Donnie had turned into a robot and April was implied to have been killed by a nuke alongside most other supporting characters (that's a whole bunch of bullshit on it's own).

None of that required me to go "Ew, furries!" to criticise, because it just wasn't done well. I get what they were going for, I get most of what the 2012 cartoon was going for, it's just that much of what the 2012 cartoon did wasn't really working in practice. Donnie's crush on April is just one of many things that were a bit too awkward about that show.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote