The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-04-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
Fishface
Foot Soldier

Has anyone here ever experience any turtle-related "mandela effects" before?

I have always wondered this and although I can't recall any instances that have happened to me but has anyone here ever had something like this happen. I would be interested to know about anything that happens.
Fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #2
Prowler
Emperor

It took me years to realise Hamato Yoshi was never part of the Foot Clan in the 2k3 series. CyberCubed made a thread about it and several people, me included, had not realised until he mentioned it. Several of us overlooked that.

Here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49117

Perhaps it's not not what you're looking for, but it's the first thing that comes to my mind.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yep, also that Rock Soldiers are mutant rocks in the OT rather than being a race of rock aliens like I thought.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Oh, for sure. Fun thread topic.

One instance is that I mixed up some dialogue in the first movie. There's that part where the turtles & April are fending off Foot in the lair, they get through the first wave & Raph goes "I do hope there's more of them!" with an apple core in his hand. For a while I seemed to recall that when the second wave shows up, he replies with "Ah, leftovers!" but apparently that's a Casey line in the topside scene right after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yep, also that Rock Soldiers are mutant rocks in the OT rather than being a race of rock aliens like I thought.
Is that so? Huh... I thought he same as you.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #5
sdp
-

I remember as a kid watching an episode of the OT where the turtles go to a Channel 6 party and they are happy that they don't have to wear costumes and can go in as "turtles" and they're praised by their cool disguises, the party is crashed by a "ghost" pirate ship and a bunch of pirate skeletons go and attack.

I asked about this before on the forum and was told that episode didn't exist and mentioned some similar episodes based on the plot I mentioned but it's not that. When I re-watched all of the OT I also never found that episode.

I swear I saw that episode and if it wasn't TMNT it must've been a show similar to TMNT with anthropomorphic characters.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

In the Fred Wolf toon, did the Turtles ever received an impromptu parade after saving the city. I have this weird memory of catching the very end of an episode (on the USA network syndicated run) where that happened. But I don't ever remember seeing it in the full series after watching it on DVD.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

At first when watching the pilot season of the Original Cartoon, thinking that the Neutrinos banished Krang and stripped him of his body when it was never stated or implied to be them.

Also, Before watching through the entire Original Toon, my first exposure to it was the episode Splinter Vanishes. I forgot watching it, and always wondered what the episode's name was. My first thought was maybe April's Fool since the scene of Raphael at the kid's birthday reminded me of the various episode with costume parties. I never saw that scene in any of the party episodes however, and assumed my memory was playing tricks on me until I did a full marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
In the Fred Wolf toon, did the Turtles ever received an impromptu parade after saving the city. I have this weird memory of catching the very end of an episode (on the USA network syndicated run) where that happened. But I don't ever remember seeing it in the full series after watching it on DVD.
Sounds to me like a combination of the ending to the Big Blowout (where the turtles are congrajulated by the public at the end for saving the planet) and the various episodes where there are carnivals/festivals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I remember as a kid watching an episode of the OT where the turtles go to a Channel 6 party and they are happy that they don't have to wear costumes and can go in as "turtles" and they're praised by their cool disguises, the party is crashed by a "ghost" pirate ship and a bunch of pirate skeletons go and attack.

I asked about this before on the forum and was told that episode didn't exist and mentioned some similar episodes based on the plot I mentioned but it's not that. When I re-watched all of the OT I also never found that episode.

I swear I saw that episode and if it wasn't TMNT it must've been a show similar to TMNT with anthropomorphic characters.
Sounds eerily similar to the Mona Lisa episode. It didn't have pirate skeletons, but there is the pirate ship, a costume party where the turtles can easily fit in. Plus the Captain of that ship did have an army of sorts so you may have gotten that mixed up with another cartoon's episode with skeletons as the main villains.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-04-2018 at 08:26 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:33 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

Sounds to me like a combination of the ending to the Big Blowout (where the turtles are congrajulated by the public at the end for saving the planet) and the various episodes where there are carnivals/festivals..
That was the one I was thinking of, so that's probably it. I do remember now they got some public congratulations after beating back the Technodrome. As a I kid, I was never really sure about proper episode order or if shows on the air might have finished production... so I thought that even felt like a "finale episode" for the series.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It took me years to realise Hamato Yoshi was never part of the Foot Clan in the 2k3 series. CyberCubed made a thread about it and several people, me included, had not realised until he mentioned it. Several of us overlooked that.

Here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49117

Perhaps it's not not what you're looking for, but it's the first thing that comes to my mind.
I never knew that he was not until I read this post. It is a fact that is simply never touched on by creator or in-show.

I do question though if these are examples of false memories or simply things we did not know.

At that time of its airing I never knew Divide and Conquer was the finale. It was almost three years later did I learn that it was and about the Shreder/Dregg three parter that never aired in my area. I would not call it a false memory so much of a fact that slipped past me. Another example from another franchise, I never knew that the Green Ranger lost his powers completely in Green Candle part 2. I thought that was the beginning of his powers being limited, not knowing there was a 12 episode break before he got them back on a borrowed time. Was it a false memory or something kids on the playground never discussed and episode never aired in proper order for single digit aged children?
Old 05-05-2018, 12:14 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I never knew that he was not until I read this post. It is a fact that is simply never touched on by creator or in-show.
We literally see a backstory episode where Hamato Yoshi trains under The Ancient One and then discovers Mortu of the Utroms and becomes a guardian in Season 4. Yoshi could never be part of the Foot Clan in 2k3 because it was always controlled by Shredder from the start.

In fact Hamato Yoshi has almost no history with Oroku Saki at all in 2k3, up to when he dies.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:01 AM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

I don't remember what it was, but I felt like I had missed an episode of the 4Kids after a complete rewatch. I was expecting a certain moment that never came, I'll be back if I remember what it was.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I don't remember what it was, but I felt like I had missed an episode of the 4Kids after a complete rewatch. I was expecting a certain moment that never came, I'll be back if I remember what it was.
Was it when Leatherhead randomly reappeared at the end of Season 4 working with Don to cure the mutant outbreak? The last we see of Leatherhead prior is the Season 3 finale where he and Hun fall off a cliff in Shredder's mansion together.

He's not in any Season 4 episodes at all and then during the tail-end of the season we see Donatello say that he and Leatherhead were working together to cure the mutant outbreak as if Leatherhead was there all along. I think the 4kids writers seemingly forgot to put Leatherhead in an early Season 4 ep.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Was it when Leatherhead randomly reappeared at the end of Season 4 working with Don to cure the mutant outbreak? The last we see of Leatherhead prior is the Season 3 finale where he and Hun fall off a cliff in Shredder's mansion together.

He's not in any Season 4 episodes at all and then during the tail-end of the season we see Donatello say that he and Leatherhead were working together to cure the mutant outbreak as if Leatherhead was there all along. I think the 4kids writers seemingly forgot to put Leatherhead in an early Season 4 ep.
No it wasn't that. I think was something with April but I really can't remember.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #14
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Are you confusing TMNT with Real Ghostbusters?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:50 PM   #15
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:

Maybe you confused

"April's Fool" (masqurade, but at the embassy of Malicuria to the USA)

"Four Musketurtles" (Mardi Gras carnival)

"Red Sails in the Sunset" (this comic: http://tmntentity.blogspot.se/2011/0...in-sunset.html)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #16
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Before, I used to think that the Purple Dragons existed in the OT and that Bebop and Rocksteady were former purple dragons.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:29 PM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

I think I remember at some point thinking the Turtles were 5 instead of 4. And no, it can't be due to Slash or Venus since I didn't watch Slash's debut episode until 2003 or 2004 and I had no idea who Venus was until I read about TNM on the old Mirage website back in 2003 or so as well.

I watched the first 3 seasons around 1997 or so so when i was 6-7 years old. Then only got into the Turtles again around 2002-2003 when the FW series reruns returned to TV here. I remember booting up the NES TMNT game in the late 90s one day and telling myself "oh the Turtles were 4 and not 5?!"

Not sure if this counts as mandela effect or just as a kid not paying full attention to obvious things or just having poor memory.

EDIT: Also, for some reason I used to think Bebop and Rocksteady were in the first ever 2k3 video game.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #18
Roseangelo
Emperor

I actually have a weird memory of seeing Splinter with a Renaissance artists book and reading it to name the turtles, who were still babies. It feels like something associated with the first movie, but I've never been able to place it exactly.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:24 PM   #19
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I actually have a weird memory of seeing Splinter with a Renaissance artists book and reading it to name the turtles, who were still babies. It feels like something associated with the first movie, but I've never been able to place it exactly.
Something similar happened in the first episode of the FW series. He is seen with a book on his hands as he proceeds to tell April how he named the Turtles. But in that version he only named them by the time they were already fully grown up.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #20
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think I remember at some point thinking the Turtles were 5 instead of 4. And no, it can't be due to Slash or Venus since I didn't watch Slash's debut episode until 2003 or 2004 and I had no idea who Venus was until I read about TNM on the old Mirage website back in 2003 or so as well.

I watched the first 3 seasons around 1997 or so so when i was 6-7 years old. Then only got into the Turtles again around 2002-2003 when the FW series reruns returned to TV here. I remember booting up the NES TMNT game in the late 90s one day and telling myself "oh the Turtles were 4 and not 5?!"

Not sure if this counts as mandela effect or just as a kid not paying full attention to obvious things or just having poor memory.

EDIT: Also, for some reason I used to think Bebop and Rocksteady were in the first ever 2k3 video game.
Could it be because of Zach the Fifth turtle?