The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-25-2021, 11:41 AM   #9041
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Sadly, with failing infrastructure in this country, this sort of thing is becoming more common. Flint, anyone? Not to mention several tribal communities across the country, most notably near the much-touted Keystone pipeline. Yeah, nothing new here, but still frustrating and sad for those affected.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:34 PM   #9042
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's terrible, I hope they're able to fix the water issue soon.

9/27 -- Too much unintentional squats exercise while working on our pottered plants (to scale all the larger ones back to a manageable small portion and repot each piece being kept before they're brought in soon) that took me some hours and now sore from my toes to my thighs. >.< lol

10/2 -- Not so much a grind, but a little envious of people able to model and 3D print their own figures for a Netflix cartoon that doesn't even have any official merchandise (yet). And then they show them off to the rest of us so we can see what we can't have a great job they did.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-02-2021 at 01:41 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:11 PM   #9043
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

The beginning of two weeks worth of renovations and remodeling at our store, all of which is going on WHILE we're working! All day long, it's nothing but trying to listen to customers over my headset while a jackhammer, several sledgehammers, and other assorted noisy construction tools are going off within 20 feet of us! Not to mention all the dust.... Of, and they ripped out ALL of our bathrooms, leaving us to use an outdoor portable bathroom! Ewww!

Old 10-06-2021, 08:20 PM   #9044
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Good grief. I was going to complain about some of the collective annoyances that make up humanity.... but never mind. Makes me feel less annoyed by them.

Spoiler:
Okay, here they are anyhow.

* A cashier being one of those women who speaks in a babyish voice, speaking to customers in a tone like you might speak to children AND habitually says "aww" a billion times when interacting with people (damn that's annoying), for much of the time I was doing my work in their store.

* The young woman who hummed to herself nonstop the entire damn time she was in that store.

* The 60-ish woman who mumbles and moans and groans the entire time she shops, who I have seen a number of times -- between TWO Dollar Trees because of course she had to follow me to this other one when I added that account -- and jinxed it a couple days ago by mentioning her in conversation... so of course she showed up today.

Surprisingly... the loud and long public phone call types were minimal for once. They're usually a prime aggravation there.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:32 PM   #9045
mrmaczaps
Banned

People who don't pay any attention to their driving, while driving... even when you honk, yell & scream at them from the suddenly over crowded lane next to them.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:27 AM   #9046
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

What happened in 1999 at the Woodstock musical festival was so abhorrent.

It really wasn't necessary.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:30 PM   #9047
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When you get new tires and the current front two are old but still have some life left in them and you want to keep one for a spare on the back and replace a really old one... so instead of putting it on the back they put the kept tire in a bag and put it in your back seat. Um, okay, wow.

I've had that done once before with no issue, but apparently BJ's (wholesale club) Tire Center does not understand the concept.

Wonder how they thought we'd put it on ourselves if we don't have the shop equipment...
Old 10-11-2021, 02:12 AM   #9048
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I'm just gonna point this out once and for all. I'm retarded. I'm a complete f***ing retard! I have so many issues it's not even funny!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:54 PM   #9049
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

My town still has traces of E. coli in it and the three surrounding towns also have traces of E. coli in their water too. One of the three towns gets their water from a completely different water supply than my town and the other two towns so...I guess it's spreading...not getting better.

This sucks because for about a week an a half we were told the issue was resolved and we can drink the water again. Then all of a sudden they told us not to drink the water because the E. coli was not resolved like they thought they had. They don't even want us to wash our dishes with our water. We can't use the water until further notice.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:06 PM   #9050
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Bumblebees are going extinct.

It's so sad.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:31 PM   #9051
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Gear grind/scare: ended up in the ER early Wednesday morning at work, due to chest pains and severe shortness of breath, and rapid heartrate. Thought I was having a heart attack or something, so I had my boss call 9-11. Paramedics came, took me to the hospital, and I spent 5he next 3 1/2 hours getting MRI, IV, and bloodwork done. The results were "good", according to the doctors and staff, but they couldn't find anything wrong, so they said it was probably stress, (possible, but not likely given that I was just performing my usual daily duties) or an anxiety attack, which I've never even had any history of. In other words, they didn't know. So there was a day gone down the drain for no real reason I could discover. At one point, I heard them say my bp was 130/90-something, which HIGH for me, given I was just sitting doing nothing at the time. My normal for that kind of activity would be closer to 90/75 or so. So, yeah, something was going on, but they claimed it was normal. I stayed home yesterday, to try to recuperate a bit more since the whole ordeal left me with a horrible backache and fatigue. Today was better, and I got through the day at work in spite of still having a stiff, sore back and chest, which was good.

Old 10-16-2021, 12:38 PM   #9052
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

One of those terrible kind of days where you have to say goodbye to a pet. Had to have our remaining cat put to sleep. And just three days shy of his brother passing two years ago on the 19th, and their mom 9 days later.

He was a bright eyed, wily bugger. Great temperament, but not really a cuddler and only became a bit of a lap cat in his later years. While three other siblings got adopted out, he started life with a bum ankle and dragged his foot behind him, so he was kept along with his long haired brother my mom couldn't part with. But he got that ankle sorted out all on his own and became a great cat and the two were total polar opposites except in fur color. While his brother wanted to be babied, this guy was the more independent one and the one who, for example, if heading toward the kitchen, would often jump up the back of the recliner and go bounding down the other side instead of just going around because... well, I guess it was fun and he was athletic and energetic like that, even into his older years. Even at 17 he never really started showing his age until this year.

He greatly missed his brother though, but if there's somehow anything after this, then hopefully they're together again. He spent his last moments sitting in the vet's window beside the table and looking out at the world.

Miss you Tim. The house is too empty.

Tim (right) with brother Booda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Gear grind/scare: ended up in the ER early Wednesday morning at work, due to chest pains and severe shortness of breath, and rapid heartrate.
Sorry to hear that, that sound rather scary, esp when they just saying things look fine. Hope things are okay though and the cause can be found out.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-16-2021 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:13 PM   #9053
Leo656
The Franchise

Ah, Jesus. Really sorry about that.

Had a dream about my late cats last night. Kinda eerie, timing-wise. I mean I often do, but some are more affecting than others. Two years in and I still just can't bring myself to change the cover photos on my FB page. Sigh.

Hang in there.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:42 PM   #9054
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

My condolences are with you, IndigoErth.

I remember when I lost my rabbit a couple of years ago.

Losing a close companion is always hard.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:50 AM   #9055
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thanks guys.

Tough enough losing any of them over the years, but the added part of putting away, donating, or throwing out all cat stuff because there are no cats here, or any pets at all, just feels so wrong.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:02 PM   #9056
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Indigo. It's always hard to lose a pet, especially one who's been with you for so long.

My new gear grinder- we developed a leak under our kitchen sink, which suddenly became a deluge today while hubby was doing dishes. It seems to have started at some point in the last week or so whenever using the right half, but today he noticed there was water all over the floor in the kitchen, and when we looked in the cabinet under the sink I found that the pipe that goes from that half to the main pipe was no longer connected! Somehow, it had come loose, and the washer that seals it was missing. After cleaning out the entire cabinet to get all the water up, I found it on the bottom of the cabinet, and managed to put it back in and get the pipe reconnected. But I'm not sure how it came off in the first place, nor how well it will hold up. We put a call in for the manager to have it looked at, but they aren't even available on weekends, so we won't even hear anything until sometime tomorrow at the earliest. Wonderful. As if I didn't have enough to deal with right now.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:07 AM   #9057
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Thanks guys.

Tough enough losing any of them over the years, but the added part of putting away, donating, or throwing out all cat stuff because there are no cats here, or any pets at all, just feels so wrong.
So sorry this happened losing a pet is awful. Two years ago my family and I had to put our dog down because of how sick he was. I still miss my old dog Duke.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:53 AM   #9058
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Thanks guys.

Sounds like it might be time to rescue or adopt a new furbaby.

Old 10-21-2021, 12:49 PM   #9059
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'd like to someday, though my mother who I share a roof with is determined that she's done, no more... so it may be a while.

For now, we at least have a neighbor's cat (a female tuxedo) who comes to visit now and then, and just today saw another I've heard about, who looks much like ours (just not as slim), but had barely seen a glimpse of him/her yet myself until now and was hanging out over here on the short wall beside our driveway. Not a clue who that one belongs to, but clearly not a stray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
So sorry this happened losing a pet is awful. Two years ago my family and I had to put our dog down because of how sick he was. I still miss my old dog Duke.
Yeah, we got our cat a blood test first to see if we could still at least bring him home and just give him meds to make him comfortable, but turned out his kidneys had gotten really, really bad. Enough that one of the readings was off the charts.

Thank goodness he didn't go into seizures like his brother did two years ago, but last week he'd become really mentally out of it, barely responding to us, no eye contact, not really interested in eating anymore, and mostly just spending his time staring off into space.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:31 AM   #9060
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Sounds like our Bandit. She's about 17, and going senile and blind, and possibly deaf. She spends most of her day asleep, and only occasionally wakes up to eat and/or potty. When she is awake, she wanders aimlessly, crying and turning her head all around while staring into space, as if lost or confused. It's kind of heartbreaking to see her like that, but we haven't had the heart to put her to sleep, since she was my mom's cat and we took Bandit as a favor to her. I keep sort of hoping she will pass on her own since she barely even eats some days, and we have to be right next to her to get her attention. She's still sweet and loving, though, and hubby has gotten pretty attached to her, so it's a decision that is hard to make.