Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Dunno. Haven't reached 40 yet.

Tigerclaw, you wanna field this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Dunno. Haven't reached 40 yet.
I'm 42 and still have interest in the fandom.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Phew, been spared from being the oldest in thread by a few of you, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
He's turning 30 soon, isn't he? And that means the 40s will hit him before he knows.
Quiet you. *threatens the next four years (minus three months) to go very slowly*

By this number, consider not asking a lady her age (it might still be alright), but do not remind her how close 40 is. Though honestly I'm at the point it's starting to feel hard to wrap my mind around how I already got to the age I am.

Only thing that makes me feel a tad better about it is that the Turtles are technically 31 and not far behind. What I wouldn't give to have them portrayed as their real world age. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #23
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Phew, been spared from being the oldest in thread by a few of you, thank you.

Quiet you. *threatens the next four years (minus three months) to go very slowly*

Only thing that makes me feel a tad better about it is that the Turtles are technically 31 and not far behind. What I wouldn't give to have them portrayed as their real world age. lol
Yeah, and by now they be

Adult Mutant Ninja Turtles

Old 07-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, and by now they be

Adult Mutant Ninja Turtles

http://mediacdn.snorgcontent.com/med...ic_artwork.jpg
Poor Mikey... guess he's one of those that looks old before his time.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #25
ShelleyQuick
Foot Soldier

Mirage~4
OT~7
Original movie~10
Next mutation~19
4Kids/2003~23
2007 movie~27
IDW~31
Nick/2012~32
TMNT/2014~34

Needless to say I dread January every single year

ShelleyQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #26
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I have to ask, does turning 40 make you lose interest in fandoms? I mean a lot of us in our late 20's and 30's are thinking we're too old, but what about the 40 and over crowd?
Not really, at least for me personally. Your life priorities may change, and yes you may drop out of some things and get into new things, but I always enjoy hearing the views of other people into the same interests as myself. I'll be 41 next week so... onwards and downwards
Old 07-24-2015, 08:28 PM   #27
Duke Nukem
Hench Mutant

Just turned 33 this month.
Duke Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:06 PM   #28
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (May 1984): -4 years old

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, first cartoon (December 28th, 1987): I'm probably an embryo here, given my birthday is a week away.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures (August 1988 ): I was born the month of the first issue!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Movie (March 30th, 1990): A year and a half old or so (my first turtle memory is of the movie).

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Comic Strip (December 10, 1990): Nearly two and a half years old.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, III (March 22, 1991, March 19, 1993): Two and a half and four and a half years old respectively.

Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation (September 12, 1997): Nine years old by then.

4Kids' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon (February 8, 2003): Fourteen and a half.

TMNT - Movie (March 23, 2007): Eighteen and a half, legal voter!

IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic (August 24, 2011): Twenty-three years old.

Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon (September 29, 2012): Twenty-four years old.

Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie (August 8, 2014): Newly turned twenty-six, and just starting to feel old after he sees teens react to the NES like it was some ancient device they had never seen before (because it was).
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:57 PM   #29
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I'll bite (and incidentally date myself as among the "oldsters" here)

Mirage- 7, but turned 8 later that year

FW/OT- just turned 11, but didn't really "discover" it until....

1990 movie- 13 and just "discovering" TMNT through the movie- I'd heard of it, but wasn't really a fan until I saw the film and fell in love.

Comic Strip- just turned 14 and by now I was heavily into the TMNT, I used to cut out and keep them when I could get them (usually the Sunday strips)

Next Mutation- Probably what killed my interest in TMNT. I was 20, but turned 21 later that year. Legal to drink! (And that birthday was quite "fun", IIRC.)

4Kids- 26 when it first aired. I vaguely remember watching a few eps while living at my grandmother's place and acting as "surrogate mom" for my three cousins, but I'd fallen out of the fandom a bit.

2007 TMNT- 30 at the time it came out- barely a blip on my radar, sadly. The ONLY TMNT movie I never saw in theaters!

IDW- 34, 35 later that year. Had only gotten back into the fandom in June the previous year. Thanks, Feral Female!)

Nick- still 35, but 36 a little over two months later.

2014 movie- 37, and dreading my next birthday....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:08 AM   #30
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Comic series (1984): I was 5, and I didn't even know it existed.

Original cartoon (1987): I was 8, and I actually didn't even know that was a thing at the time. I was in the third grade then, and my earliest memories of TMNT are from when I was 9 (in 1988 ) and in the fourth grade.

TMNT movies 1-3 (1990, 1991, 1993): I was 10, 11, and 13 respectively.

Next Mutation (1997): I was 18, starting college, and my interest in TMNT in general was basically dead at that point. You can actually blame Power Rangers for that.

2K3 series (2003): I was 23. This actually brought my interest in TMNT back to life.

TMNT movie (2007): I was 27.

2K12 Nick series (2012): I was 33.

TMNT movie (2014): I was 35.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #31
sdp
-

I wasn't even born when Mirage came out. The original show came out pretty much about the time I was born, luckily turtlemania lasted many years so I got to live it. I know I saw the first two movies on HBO or PayPerView, I don't remember which, I was still fairly little when the third movie came out since I had no idea there was a third movie, I only remember the third movie toys being on sale at the store, so I'm guessing that was a while after the movie bombed. I was the exact the right age to like TNM. 2k3 came out during my teenage years so it was barely a beep in my radar, I remember thinking it was cool that they were coming back and was interested but never really checked it out fully. And the Nick show came out when I was already in my 20s.

When I started posting in the drome most of the people here were about to turn 30 or were already in their 30s but most of them are gone, I'm guessing they got to see the OT when around my age when I watched TNM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Nick: 28 and I wanna say just became a father. I remember seeing TMNT trailers on the hospital TV after either his birth or maybe it was his pyloric stenosis surgery.
Late congrats but congratulations.
So, how does being married/having a kid affect your hobbies? With me being a fulltime adult and in a committed relationship, I have little if no time for things I like. I can't imagine having time for it once I'm married/have kids.

Being neir yours and Cybercubed's age is making me wonder a lot if I'm too old for this stuff. In my early teens I was a little embarrased to continue liking stuff like this but in my late teens I just didn't give a crap and that attitude I kept through most of my early 20s but being mid-late 20s has me feeling like I did in my early teens about this stuff haha.

Last edited by sdp; 07-25-2015 at 10:30 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:37 AM   #32
billbot85
Mad Scientist

I'm basically the same age as you, Cybercubed.

Mirage: Not born yet. Was born the following year.

Fred Wolf: 2 years old. Didn't get into the cartoon and franchise until 89/90 when Turtlemania was at it's height. At that point I was hooked.

1990 Movie: 5 years old. Although I didn't get to see the film until it came out on VHS. One of the best movies I ever saw as a kid.

Next Mutation: 11/12 years old. I was aware of the show, but had lost interest in TMNT at the time.

2k3: 17/18 years old. Same feeling as the NM at the time.

2007 Movie: 21/22 years old. Saw it a couple years later on DVD and liked it. 2009 is when I finally got back into TMNT 100%.

2012: 27 years old. Still enjoying the series.

2014 Movie: 28 years old. Saw it in the theater, should've just waited for the DVD

I'll be turning 30 this September, but won't be losing interest in TMNT anytime soon.

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by <TmNtRoX-1997> View Post
Being neir yours and Cybercubed's age is making me wonder a lot if I'm too old for this stuff. In my early teens I was a little embarrased to continue liking stuff like this but in my late teens I just didn't give a crap and that attitude I kept through most of my early 20s but being mid-late 20s has me feeling like I did in my early teens about this stuff haha.
Because as a teen you want to grow up, in your early 20's you try to be immature again, and then in your late 20's you have to really grow up because you're an adult.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #34
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Because as a teen you want to grow up, in your early 20's you try to be immature again, and then in your late 20's you have to really grow up because you're an adult.
I agree with you on the teen part. As for trying to be immature again in your early 20s... dunno about that one. Unless you mean people re-visiting some of the movies and video games they've enjoyed as kids such as Lion King and Pokémon. I see people of my generation having nostalgic feelings for those two a lot. Late 20s... I'll have to get there first to know if this one is true.

Anyway, your statements are too general. Each person is different.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #35
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I agree with you on the teen part. As for trying to be immature again in your early 20s... dunno about that one. Unless you mean people re-visiting some of the movies and video games they've enjoyed as kids such as Lion King and Pokémon. I see people of my generation having nostalgic feelings for those two a lot. Late 20s... I'll have to get there first to know if this one is true.

Anyway, your statements are too general. Each person is different.
I agree that each person is different. I don't know about being immature in your early 20s. Some people are immature in their teens. People of my generation have nostalgic feelings for old TV shows like Lost, Angel, Buffy, etc. as well.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:36 PM   #36
Vicky82
Emperor

I don't know what year when some of these reached the UK (Mirage, OT Cartoon, the 3 original movies and Next Mutation) so i'll go by the US.

84 Mirage - 2 years old
87 OT cartoon - 5 years old
90 1st movie - 8 years old
91 2nd movie - 9 years old
93 3rd movie - 11 years old
97 Next Mutation - 15 years old
03 2K3 Cartoon - 21 years old
07 TMNT movie - 25 years old
11 IDW comic - 29 years old
12 2K12 cartoon - 30 years old
14 TMNT movie - 32 years old

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its rather weird how young we were when the original cartoon was airing, yet somehow got swept into Turtlemania. It doesn't make sense really, if you were 3-4 years old when the original cartoon began by the time you were a kid the show was almost out of popularity already. By 1993 is when the TMNT fad was officially over.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:28 PM   #38
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Its rather weird how young we were when the original cartoon was airing, yet somehow got swept into Turtlemania. It doesn't make sense really, if you were 3-4 years old when the original cartoon began by the time you were a kid the show was almost out of popularity already. By 1993 is when the TMNT fad was officially over.
Yeah, You would have to be somewhere in your teens to know of TMNT, my first exposure was with the 87 series when I was 14, that was before knowing they were a comic, and in the 90s I was reading the archie series comics.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was only 2 years old when the original cartoon started, I have no idea how I got into it. Must have been the endless reruns when I was like 5-7 and all the toys and videogames.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #40
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I was only 2 years old when the original cartoon started, I have no idea how I got into it. Must have been the endless reruns when I was like 5-7 and all the toys and videogames.
As a teenager growing up in the 80s, you watched a lot of cartoons and not knowing whats going on, But are fascinated by the visuals.

It's only when your much older, You finally understand what you have seen.

Tags
cubism