The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well if you aren't interested in Star Wars that's probably why. For those of us excited to see these old classic actors back in action, especially after they let themselves go over the last decade and got fat and old, its amazing to see them back in shape and now look how they should have been over the last 10-15 years.

I hope they stay this way even after the movies finish filming, they look great and its much more healthy for them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well if you aren't interested in Star Wars that's probably why. For those of us excited to see these old classic actors back in action, especially after they let themselves go over the last decade and got fat and old, its amazing to see them back in shape and now look how they should have been over the last 10-15 years.

I hope they stay this way even after the movies finish filming, they look great and its much more healthy for them.
Fair enough, man. But, I dunno, couldn't you just have posted this in the Star Wars thread? I don't think there was a need to make a thread just for this, but wtv. I'm no authority here.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:08 PM   #23
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^I kinda agree. But Cubed gets a pass.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #24
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I call it Cubism.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:54 AM   #25
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^ I approve wholeheartedly
Old 12-06-2015, 12:56 PM   #26
sdp
Megan Fox = April

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh1t2MJDbrs

There's an interview with Carrie Fisher like mentioned earlier in the post she seems angry at people asking her about her weight loss and blaming Hollywood while it's definitely her fault she got fat and had drug problems, she needs to stop blaming people. In the text interviews she comes off extremely bitter but at least she's definitely tongue in cheek in the video, she also has a dry sense of humor which the internet doesn't get very well and over react about it. Same with Lucas, his humor has always been very dry and I saw a couple of weeks ago all these headlines about how he "broke up" with SW or whatever as if he were bitter about it but if you watch the interview you can see that he's kidding for the most part.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:57 PM   #27
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh1t2MJDbrs

There's an interview with Carrie Fisher like mentioned earlier in the post she seems angry at people asking her about her weight loss and blaming Hollywood while it's definitely her fault she got fat and had drug problems, she needs to stop blaming people. In the text interviews she comes off extremely bitter but at least she's definitely tongue in cheek in the video, she also has a dry sense of humor which the internet doesn't get very well and over react about it. Same with Lucas, his humor has always been very dry and I saw a couple of weeks ago all these headlines about how he "broke up" with SW or whatever as if he were bitter about it but if you watch the interview you can see that he's kidding for the most part.
Carrie was absolutely amazing in that QI Christmas special with her it.
Seems like a very funny and nice lady. She even remembered a really long quote from A New Hope.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:10 PM   #28
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Yeah both her and Lucas seem like awesome people, you may not agree with them on some things but their humor is fantastic, they're aware of what is happening so they play with it and it's hilarious and yet everyone overreacts. Carrie clearly has always been critical of Hollywood and I always read her interviews as being angry/bitter, but now I see that while it's definitely her opinion at least she has fun about it. Same with Lucas and Star Wars, sure he doesn't like how he is criticized about everything he does so he plays around with that and yet people misinterpret that and start bashing him more. Internet idiots can't tell the difference and it's annoying because there's a hive mind about these things and you can't get anywhere in a discussion.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:11 PM   #29
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I call it Cubism.
Nice one
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubism, cybercubedthinksdeep, fatshaming